Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 08:19 AM   #1  

Default Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 10/10 - 10/16

Welcome to Sugarbusters!

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/for....php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/for....php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...735#post983735

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread
Old 10-10-2005, 08:25 AM   #2  

Default Challenges!!

Challenges!

1. Stay on program totally, no cheats for as many days as you can this week. Report how you do!

2. What do you do when temptation strikes? Think of a plan, or plans, and share them.

3. Get your exercise in...and post it!

4. Drink your water!

Now, MAKE this a good week! You CAN do it!
Old 10-10-2005, 08:28 AM   #3  

Good morning! I almost over slept. I have a dentist appointment this morning, so I need to get going. Its rainy looking again...how depressing!

I will be back after my dentist appointment...then I have a friend coming over for lunch and to visit, so I might not be able to get on until later this afternoon. I hope everyone is doing well!

Later!
Old 10-10-2005, 09:12 AM   #4  

Default Mmm

I hopped on the Metal Monster this morning...I stayed the same. I may try again later, and see if I lose a 1/2 pound...but I will be very surprised if I do! It was not a great week of sticking to the rules... and I had Mexican Saturday night. All in all, though, I have lost 16 pounds since I started this Leptin stuff. I feel pretty encouraged. I wish it were faster, but 16 in three months is pretty good for me, and much better than staying the same or gaining....

Hope everyone else has a good MMM....
Old 10-10-2005, 11:18 AM   #5  
Goddess

Default Good Monday Morning!

Good morning all!

I hope everyone is poised for a good week! I've been out of town a lot and that will continue for most of the month. I got back in from a conference last night and am headed out again this afternoon. For a non-election year this fall is busier that I thought it would be. Which means my eating is not doing so good. I haven't been prepared and have been eating almost all my meals out--not good.

I need to get my head back into a healthy eating mode--for some reason that seems to be very hard right now.

I haven't had a chance to check last week's board, but I hope everyone is doing well!

Susan
Old 10-10-2005, 11:24 AM   #6  

I'm back I had a great time in Louisville. Learned new stuff about toxins, hormones and even time management. I'm ready to take on the world.

I was able to go to lunch with Jackie on Friday. It was great to get to meet another SB buddy. Poor thing had to deal with a little more Arbonne enthusiasm that I meant to give out. It's hard when you are hearing it 24/7 for a few days. I needed the break. I got a picture of the two of us on my picture phone. I'll try to post it later...

We got in after midnight on Saturday. I had to go wake up my babies for a kiss. When I woke up yesterday morning Trav informed me that we had a picnic to go to after church, and he had invited some guests over for dinner, too. So by the time I dropped into bed last night I was dead. I haven't been able to catch up on you guys yet, but thought that I would go ahead and post.

I did water aerobic this morning, but had to keep it low key. My back is killing me from the driving and sitting all day for 3 days. I did make myself get up and use the exercise equipment at the hotel every day while I was there. It helped to start the day off right.

I'm not going to weigh today. It's the wrong time of the month to be worrying about an extra lb. I started last night and I'm really cramping.

This week is going to be crazy. I'll try to keep on with you guys.

MONET- How about Friday? I'll call you.

Gator- I'm back How's the weather down there. Have you been riding with the top down? My sister has a CD changer. They are really great. I tend to use alot of trunk space with strollers, etc.. I think I'll get one when I earn my Mercedes
Old 10-10-2005, 12:02 PM   #7  

Sorry I haven't been posting but I'm not doing well with my eating. I've just been lurking. Maybe this week will be better. Good luck everyone with MMM.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning Ladies,

Not much time to post. I have to leave for a meeting which will last all afternoon. It was a busy weekend. We had a big church social yesterday. Eating was not good.

Monet I like your challenges this week. I'll do my best. It is rainy here too.

Susan, glad you could pop in. Hope you slow down soon.

Talitha, glad you had a nice trip.

Got to run.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:32 PM   #9  
Little Engine That Could

Monet--Thanks for the challenges this week. Right now I can't think of what I do when temptation strikes, because I had a very bad week last week. My plan was just to give in to it!!! LOL So MMM was not good to me this week, but it's all my own fault.

But today is a new week, and I have started journaling again a/o this morning. I have lentil soup on the stove, and will eat healthy today. I have French class tonight and I always meet my DH for supper at a Chinese restaurant. We don't get a big meal, and in fact, share one meal. But I don't think Chinese is all that healthy. Too many calories for what you get, because of the oil they use. Might have to switch restaurants.

Talitha--Glad you had a great trip. I sent you an email. Bet it was fun meeting Jackie. We sure miss her on the board, don't we.

BOB--Be sure to read my post to you on page 5 of last week's board. Again, I commiserate with you over the loss to the dang Dawgs at Neyland on Saturday.

Frog--Hope your week is great. Do you still do any running?

Gotta go. Talk to y'all later.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:16 PM   #10  

Its been hectic so far today. Had my dentist appointment, and got a gold star for both the upper and lower teeth...hardly any plaque and still no cavities! Not eating sugar helps a LOT.

I made a beef vegetable soup for lunch, and had a friend over for lunch and coffee. We vent together, and commiserate. I have known her for almost 20 years...so its nice to get together.

Breakfast was crustless quiche, lunch was a large bowl of the vegetable beef soup, dinner will be more soup.

The second grade teacher called and asked me to sub for her tomorrow. She sounds awful...she has laryngitis, and can barely speak. The headmistress said they would cover the class for me since I teach art tomorrow afternoon too...

Oh, and I finished the baby afghan! It turned out nicely. I need to call the fella I made it for so he can come get it to take to his new nephew.

I will check in later!
Old 10-10-2005, 06:49 PM   #11  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

Had a good Monday, but could have done a little more work than I did!
Tomorrow is a nother day!

TALITHA...glad to hear you had a good trip. HOpe you told JACKIE that we miss her!

SUSAN....WELL....we were wondering where you were....now we know! Glad you popped in...we miss you when you're not around!

GATOR....I saw the post, and I'll do my best to pull for the GATORS, but you know how hard that is for me...it's just something I can't let go of! VANDY is coming up in the ranks...watch out!

MONET...I take it that you were off from school today because of the holiday?

SOLLY...it's good to be busy, but weekends at for YOU!!!

TONI!!!

Supper tonight was meatloaf and fresh yellow squash....YUM YUM YUM!!!!

Got to run..still doing laundry!

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 10-10-2005 at 06:55 PM.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:25 PM   #12  

Angry Help

I need some advice from my fellow SBers. I posted a long message this afternoon and after reviewing it I must have forgotten to press "submit!" DUH! I rushed in here to read your responses and realized that you didn't ever get my reply.

I need help with getting the scale moving. I'm as stagnant as an algae covered pond! I have been OP with a very, very few minor exceptions for 3 full weeks and the scale hasn't moved except doen and back up again. I've not exercised any except for some light walks, but I'm not able to do anything that requires exertion. I'm in pain tonight just from pushing the cart around Wal-Mart. It's all related to my C-Section and will take time to heal.

When I first engaged in this WOE eating 5 years ago I lost weight like gang busters without ever exercising. Is the pregnancy causing me to have problems? Does anyone have a similar experience with beginning SB?

I eat 99% of my meals at home. Last week was the exception since I was away from home, but my mom and dad cooked and we ate in quite a bit.

I'm not ready to throw in the towel. Just confused about why things are going so slow.

Help!
Old 10-10-2005, 08:16 PM   #13  

FROG: I can SO relate to your frustrations. I am going to recommend you read Mastering Leptin, by Byron Richards. (Is anyone surprised???) Pregnancy CAN throw your metabolic processes a curve, and mess things up. And having a C-section will doubly so. These are the five rules I started following from the Leptin book that have made a difference for me: 1. Do not eat inbetween meals- eat three meals a day with five hours between meals. This gives your liver the opportunity to recharge for the next wave of digesting. 2. Eat protein for breakfast. ( this sets the pace for the day) 3. Do not eat large meals. 4. Cut down on carbs. (you are already doing this...) 5. Don't eat after dinner...allow three hours after dinner before you go to bed. I started following these rules, AND using SB, and I lost 16 pounds the past three months. The only weight I lost before, I needed phentermine to lose. Are you drinking plenty of fluids? Especially if you are breastfeeding...you need more than the recommended eight glasses of water a day. Exercise really helps, but until you are totally healed, you are only going to do damage if you work out and strain yourself. (I had a hysterectomy almost exactly one year ago, and it took me a long time to feel 'normal', so don't despair! ) Why don't you post some menus, and see if anyone has some ideas for you?

BOB: I only teach on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Its a lovely job... Tomorrow I am subbing for the second grade teacher which ought to be interesting...

FILLISE: Good to see you! Post when you can. We DO miss you!

GATOR: Chinese can be ok...would they steam stuff for you instead of frying? If they stir fry right, it should not use much oil....its the rice and egg rolls that get me.

TALITHA: I am sorry your back is bothering you! I think Friday should be good for me! I don't even need to do the worship guides! We did them this past week so the admin can take the day off and go fishing!

TONI: When you are NOT doing well is when you need to get on here the most! It honestly helps to have someone to be accountable to. We miss you!

I need to go clean up the kitchen...I will be back later!
Old 10-11-2005, 12:22 AM   #14  

It's late, I'm tired. I've worked my rear off today.

I just wanted to tell you guys that I was thinking today, and I suddenly realised that this board is JUST as good for me as my exercising at the Y and getting counseling at church. The support I find here really keeps me going, regardless of weight loss or gain. Especially with how crazy my life is. I don't tend to have much time to 'hang out' with friends. But here you are.

Travis is out of town all this week again. I'm getting used to it a bit more. And I know that I can tlak about it here it and no one will tell me to ' Get over it' or say that they WISH their man would go away 3 weeks out of the month. I am so thaqnkful for his job, I just wish I could have him here every night, too.

So I just wanted to say a big thank you, and send you all a hug before I go to bed alone.

Goodnight
Old 10-11-2005, 06:59 AM   #15  

Good morning! I am subbing today for the second grade teacher. If you think of me today, please pray for me! This is the worst class in the whole school! They are ALL ADD, and hyper, and several talk constantly...its going to be a battle of wills all day, until I can escape to my quiet art room. I don't feel totally great either. I am afraid this bit of a cold I have had is going into my chest....

TALITHA: Aw, thanks. I am sorry you are having to be alone so much. I remember those days, when Tom was in Chicago for weeks on end...it was hard! BIG hugs...

Ok, off to play school teacher!
Closed Thread