3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Sugar Shakers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers-62/)
-   -   Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 10/10 - 10/16 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sugar-shakers/66542-sugarbusters-weekly-support-board-10-10-10-16-a.html)

GatorGal 10-14-2005 10:57 AM

I don't remember if I was on the board yesterday or not. Yesterday was pretty busy.
I got 12000+ steps in yesterday, and got all kinds of chores done. Today will also be pretty busy.

We talked with my DD's bf and we had a nice conversation during which we told him tht he probably should find another place to live by Nov. 1. Hallelujah! This will be good for all of us, including our DD. He wasn't too bad about it, but my DH was so nervous that he was going to put off this discussion until next week. The wimp!!! Anyway, I forced the issue by calling the man into the living room and just starting talking with him. He even told us that he has been keeping his eye out for apartments. So, life is better now that that chore is handled. This guy has been living here for 6 months already, and would have been here 5 more! That's quite a while to be living with your future in-laws.

I've been eating pretty well, except for an "exception" last night. I fixed osso buco, which was fabulous, and fixed risotto to serve with it. The "gravy" with osso buco was so wonderful, deep and rich, redolent of herbs, wine and broths and rich from the long slow cooking of the veal shank. Risotto is soft and mild and perfect to have with the meat. I limited myself to 1/2 cup, and stayed within my caloric goal, although not my SB goal. However, it was a planned "cheat". Tonight I'm using my crock pot again, fixing pot roast with veggies. Probably will have a salad with it.

I've starting knitting something that I started about 10 years ago--a baby blanket. It's cream colored with seed stitch all around the edge, and red and cream checkerboard pattern inside that, basketweave inside that, and just plain stockingnet stitch for the large square section in the middle. But there is also a teddy bear pattern in browns that will also be knitted into that section. It's a little complicated because I have to carry a bunch of bobbins of yarn, and will have more to carry when I start the teddy bear in a couple more rows, but since it's a baby blanket, it won't take too long. Monet, I thought of you and that nice dishrag you knitted in the basketweave pattern--same thing I'm doing in the baby blanket.

I have a ton of French to study, so probably ought to stop and start that. I'll try to get on later.

Toni48 10-14-2005 11:59 AM

Howdy all.... Well got my hair cut yesterday and my housecleaned. I'm glad its Friday. My DH and I are going shopping later on today so need to get some things done before he gets home a 1. Sounds like everyone is busy busy.

Monet- Can't wait to hear about your day with Talitha.

Gator- Your dinner sounds wonderful. And that baby blanket, wow wow......

Cindy- Know what you mean about getting back on track. It feels so good to be in control. (of which I know nothing about right now)

Frog- Hope you're having a great day.

Hope I didn't forget anyone.....

Ellen 10-14-2005 06:55 PM

I started a post a while ago, and the doorbell rang...then my husband came home and went to another web page and lost my post! Grrr.

Talitha and I met and had lunch. It was so much fun to see Selah again...boy has she grown! Just as sweet and loving as she was last time I saw her. I got a big sloppy hug and kiss bye when I was leaving! :) Jake is a doll...and SO good! I had forgotten what a challenge it is to shop with two toddlers. I was glad I was there to help! Lunch was fabulous...I did eat a Samosa, which is not legal, and unfortunately it was really a good one, so it will be hard to pass it up next time. I am hoping Talitha and I can meet at least once a month down there.

My neighbor came over and we did art...the apples are not ready so we will go next week. :)

The big news is that I got paid today! The first paycheck! Woo hoo! I am taking Tom out to dinner to celebrate. He suggested one place with a coupon, but I am thinking something else...like maybe Outback.

I got a bunch of good stuff at the market. I found a bottle of wine to try, and Maytag blue cheese, and stuff like that. Yum!

Ok, off to light a fire under that man of me! I am getting hungry!

Ellen 10-14-2005 09:24 PM

Dinner was not Outback...it was one of those nights. Tom was crabby, I was crabby, we were both hungry... We went by Ted's Montana Grill...the line was out the door and looked long. We drove over to the Train Depot...there was no parking spaces. So, we gave up and drove over to a small Chinese place that does most of its business in take out. We used to go there a good bit a few years ago...the food was ok, but the service and such was not great. We probably won't go back for a few more years. I got shrimp and broccoli, ate half the steamed rice, we had an egg roll, chicken wing and split an order of potstickers. Definitely not an SB meal and now we have to stay up until after midnight to get three hours in before bed! :)

I am off to surf, read, knit, whatever...

THE BIG ORANGE BABE 10-15-2005 07:10 AM

http://bestsmileys.com/hello/6.gif GOOD MORNING!

BOB is up early...the http://bestsmileys.com/animals/13.gif were still howling at the moon when I woke up....Make that when TIPPY woke me up! 5:30 a.m. I haven't seen that time of the morning in quite a while!

Well....I told y'all that I had been STRESS EATING BIG TIME!!! Had my lab work done and went to the Doc yesterday....here's the scoop!

My triglycerides were wayyyy over 400
My Cholesterol was in the 300's
My Glucose was 145 (ANGER WILL ROBINSON!!!)

I went with the intention of having him put me on a DIET knowing that he would....I need structure and I asked him if I could come once a month to weigh in front of him. He will b*tch at me if I don't lose and that's what I need.
The trouble is, I'm knocking on the door of DIABETES and the other dangerous numbers can and will lead to TICKER and STROKE POSSIBILITY!!!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....it's back to grilled chicken, FRESH GREEN BEANS, good fruit choices... http://bestsmileys.com/stoplights/3.gif NO MORE BREAD!!! You know the drill...I need to eat on plan and do it now!

I'll be on here EVERYDAY FOR YOU HELP !!! I know I have your support, but you know me...I need a good kick in the ARSE every now and then!

I haven't gone back to read the posts yet, but I did get an email from Shirley, and I'm going to share that with all of you as I know she won't care.

Hi Everyone!

I got back home Wednesday afternoon. Lori drove her mother and me around to see some of the damage. We are so lucky we have a house that can be repaired. So many lost everything. There are boats in the streets. There are homes that have just disappeared. Some were pushed from one side of the road to another.

Peoples lives are thrown in heaps curbside and on the commongroound.

Business are trying to come back. The hard thing is finding people to work, so many locals have been displaced and are not here. To go to WinnDixie is a 2 hour wait to be checked out! Lowe's and Home Depot are the same.

The insurance adjuster has been here and has been fair. The roof will be replaced soon as well as some siding. Kevin and Lori signed a contract with a local contractor who sided the house for them a couple of years ago. A reputable man.

The trees have been removed at a reasonable price.

Lori's brother Brett is a carpenter and cabinetmaker in MO. He is coming down and will do the floor replacing, fence building, wall replacement and other things that need doing. The roof is just not a one man job.

Three of my doctors are back, in fact I was to the eye doctor today. Did you know thewy do sonograms of the eye? I didn't.

I stopped by the nursing home where I volunteer twice a week. I was greeted like a returning heroine. They have a new activities coordinator. She was told by administration that she had to keep my days open, because when I returned (not if) I would probably want those days and "Miss Shirley can have what ever she wants!"

I went to a Habitat meeting last night. So many things are happening. We will be building 100 homes in the next year. We have had an outpouring of support from groups that have specified they wanted to help Slidell as they knew Slidell through Collegiate Challenges. Habitat International is providing financial aid to our affiliate from the donations they have received from all over. They have 50 million that has been donated and earmarked for the disaster relief and will be used for that and nothing else. They are providing extra staff, etc as well. The logistics just here are staggering and they are doing it through the Gulf Coast.

Got to clean up here. When we were getting ready to evacuate I took pictures down, moved my Gone With The Wind Lamp. Wrapped albums in plastice and put in bins. Stored things in closets wrapped in plastic. This resulted in not being able to remember where I stored things. For the Habitat meeting I could not find my notebooks and I had not typed the minutes up from the previous meeting. I know the notes are somewhere with all my other Habitat stuff. Fine secretary I am!

I stayed with Lori's parents in Lakeland FL. The kids came back home to do clean up. I was there about 6 1/2 weeks. They could not have been nicer but I missed being home and doing my thing. I did manage to crochet a baby blanket for their future grandchild and almost completed an afghan, basically just beed to do the border all around it. I have known Mike and KAy dor 22 years but really got to know them during this time. They are great people.

My brother offered me a place with them as did friends in Milford and Florida and my niece in NC. I can't tell you what it meant to me to have so many offers. During a worrisome time it is nice to know people care about you. To go to Doylestown or Milford would have involved the cost of airline tickets and I just didn't want to spend the money I didn't have it anyway) as I didn't know what I would need when I returned home. I did stock up on toiletries as store lines are so long and I can't stand for an hour or more. I also had to buy clothes while in FL, we evacuated with a carry-on bag each, survival supplies and two dogs. So only had a couple changes of clothes. I also stocked up on food supplies that I keep up here, cereal, bread, sugar free jelly, etc. $77 gone in no time. I did buy that stuff after I got home. I went to Winn Dixie after the meeting last night. Drove past, not many cars so I thought it was a good time. Think I will go at night from now on about 9p.

One of the nice things that happened during my stay in FL was my friend of 50 years, Ruthann and her husband Rick, came over from Port Charlotte one afternoon. It was wonderful to see them again, I think it has been about 12 years since we have seen each other. We had a visit with Ruthann bringing up to date on her family history she has been working on. I had no pictures to show....there was no room in the car! I am so glad they could take the time to drive over.

So I think that is my story. I want to thank everyone for their concern, letters. email. cards, phone calls etc. They all meant the world to me.

May good things happen.

Love Shirley

It's good to know that she's back home. I know she has missed being there even though there is a LOT of WORK to do on her house. Hopefully, when she gets back to some kind of normal, she will get back on the board. I know she LURKS.

IT'S FOOTBALL SATURDAY IN THE SEC!!!

My VOLS are off this weekend...they are still LICKING THEIR WOUNDS FROM MONET'S DAWGS ATTACKING THEM IN THEIR OWN HOUSE!!! They play ALABAMA next week in ALA....This game scares me after watching them last week with GEORGIA!

I haven't checked the paper (hadn't been delivered at 5:30 a.m.) so I don't know who every buddy's team is playing....

I've got to go fill my http://bestsmileys.com/coffee/1.gif

I'll be back later.....http://bestsmileys.com/goodbye/1.gif

BOB

Ellen 10-15-2005 09:25 AM

Morning!

BOB: Thank you SOO much for sharing the letter from Shirley. I miss her so much...I wish she would come back on and post. The Dawgs take on the Gators today, I believe. I am thankful the doctor did some arse kicking...saved me the gas money of driving down there and doing it myself. Watch out tho...I know where Sarasota is! :yes:

Off to fix breakfast! I am going to make lots of quiches to freeze again. The boys LOVED it. :)

ThinWithin225 10-15-2005 10:43 AM

Good morning to all! :sunny: It's a beautiful day here in North Georgia! My husband is gone to the scottish festival with his Dad and brother. (He is a McFarland after all!) It is at Stone Mountain and the kids and I would have gone too, but they have other plans for today.
Sean is going to spend the night with his best friend who recenly moved into a new house. His friend is convinced that his new home is haunted, so they will be "investigating" to see what they can find. :fr: I figure they will spend more time scaring themseves than anything! :lol:
Rachel has a birthday party this evening from 5-8, so if my hubby makes it home before them we may be able to go out for a "just the two of us" dinner :cheers: . We haven't done that in almost a year!
Tomorrow we will be headed off to the mall to visit lenscrafters. Rachel said last weekend that she's having trouble reading. The words are blurry. So, we will go have her tested to see if she needs reading glasses.

Bob-Good luck! :lucky: We know you can do it!

Monet-quiche sounds wonderful right now! :T

gator-Your osso buco dinner sounds great as well. Can you guys tell I'm hungry? :lol:

Talitha-It sounds like your doing great with the exercise! :tread: I wish I could find the motivation to get into it! Maybe this cool weather will do it!

HI! to every one else! Hope everyone has a great weekend! :wave:

GatorGal 10-15-2005 01:35 PM

Monet--No, I don't know who the poodles play today, but it ain't the Gators. We play in Red Stick against the Tigers. This was gonna be the week we would have been in New Orleans having a great time. But Katrina cancelled all that. So we might watch it on TV. I think the Gators will lose. Hope I'm wrong, but think I'm right. The annual World's Biggest Outdoor Cocktail Party in Jacksonville takes place the last Saturday in Oct. It is always that Saturday. We are going up for the game and will be staying there at friends for the weekend. So, if we lose, which I also think we will do, the weekend will still be a nice one. I think the poodles play Vandy this weekend, but not postive.

Food today:
B--1.5 scrmbled eggs, 1/2 English muffin with 1 tsp butter and no sugar jelly, smll wedge honeydew melon, 1 sl. bacon
L. 1 cup homemade lentil soup, 1 sl sgww bread with 1 oz. swiss cheese melted on top. 4 oz. fresh made vegetable juice, 1/2 pear.
We are eating dinner out and will be having cassoulet.

BOB--Sorry for the bad numbers, but if you really get serious with SB and getting a bit of walking in, you can make some significant progress. Remember to watch portion size. You can eat SB or any diet faithfully, but if you eat too much, you will still struggle with loss. That's why I journal and keep a general track of my energy (caloric) intake. That's the easiest way to keep my portions in control. And for every 10 poound loss, give yourself a reward.

Cindylcing 10-15-2005 03:09 PM

Happy Saturday to all ! :)
Its been a beautiful day here In Indiana. Sunny and 60's. I should be out there soaking up the sun but alas here I am at the computer after taking a nap. I have been so tired the past three days. Today I felt all achy ( I had a flu shot Thursday, could that be it?) I have gotton alot done even though I have the slows. Yesterday we visited my grandparents gravesite and I spent sometime there talking with them about my dad. I left some silk flowers there for my grandma with a tie pin of my dads that had his inital, that I pinned to one of the petals. Kinda of like my way of bonding them together now that they are all a family again. I had not been there since my grandparents passing 31 + years ago. So it was a very emotional day. Dh and I went to the new Burlington coat factory store here in town, lost each other in the store and got in a big arguement about it. We went to my moms and took her to look for a new oven then she made us dinner ( chicken and noodles, even though she knows I dont eat white flour but she tried and used some ww flour and oat flour) Then i ran to the gym with my dd.

This morning I awoke and had the urge to walk. So as soon as I got dressed I headed out the door as the sun was coming up and walked for 45 min just around the neighborhood. I came home and made a huge pot of vegetable beef soup ( my first time making believe it or not) then we headed back to moms to mow the yard and trim down some more bushes.

Tonight a group of us are going to eat and a Chinese buffet was chosen ( not my choice ). Im dreading it since I know there isnt a whole lot I can choose safely. I will just do the best I can.

Oh and I dont know if I mentioned my second dr appt thursday was for the finger I am having problems with. He wants to send me to a hand orthopedic dr ( which I go to on Tues). If I have ONE more medical thing happen this year Im gonna go dig a hole and put my head in it . :D

Bob- Im sorry about your numbers too. But sometimes thats a good wake up call to get back on track. Were all here for you !!

Thin- Hope dh makes it home so you guys can have that dinner out alone ;)

Gator- I have never had osso buco before but heard it is wonderful.

Ellen 10-15-2005 04:11 PM

I got my grades done. (it was easy...if they were primarily good, they got E's, or A's...if they were any trouble at all, they got G's or B's... It is so hard to do assessments in art....

I got a package of supplies today. I ordered stuff off ebay...I got about $150 of stuff for $75. Not too bad! I also got some posters I ordered off ebay today. I was disappointed, as they creased the big one on the edges pretty badly. After paying $21 shipping and handling (and it cost them $5 to ship it) I expected better. I need to email them and complain.

We went to Costco today and get a few things, like port and wine....I plan to open one of the new bottles to try tonight. I am really enjoying trying different wines these days.

GATOR: There is a big difference between poodles and bulldogs. Perhaps you need glasses??? Yep, Georgia is playing Vandy...don't know where I got the idea it was the crocs...

Talitha 10-15-2005 06:41 PM

You ladies are crazy about some football, aren't you? You're making me a bit tempted to try watching a game. Are they on cable? I don't have cable.

I've been reading, but not typing much.. I sliced my index finger open on a lid yesterday afternoon and it's just a pain to type. And, well, it's painful anyway...

We had a great time shopping with Monet yesterday. Unfortunately she has introduces us to some very addictive rice chips. Thay are supposed to be for Jakke, but I had to hide them in the top of the cabinet from Selah and myself.

I got in my 5 days exercise this week and I feel great. Hopefully it will pay off. I did my second test for the nutrition program. I got 100% on both tests so far!!!

Anyway, I'll just lurk till monday and hopefully my finger wiull heal up a bit my then.

THE BIG ORANGE BABE 10-16-2005 08:57 AM

MORNING TO ALL MY BUDDYS!!http://bestsmileys.com/cartoon/5.gif

I'm here....where's everyone else?????

For those of you who didn't watch MISSY'S GAME, I've got just three words for you OH...MY..GAWD!!!
GATOR..YOU HIT THIS ON ON THE NAIL HEAD!!! I have to say that it was more exciting than SUSAN'S GAME AGAINST MS STATE!!!! I'M PREDICTING THAT MONET'S DAWGS BEAT THE HANDBAGS OFF OF THE GATORS AT THE COCKTAIL PARTY!!!

I went to SONNY'S BBQ last night and picked up our supper...I had the smoked chicken and it was so good! The COMBO that we got had ribs, chicken and sliced beef in it. There's enough there for a few meals!
I did stop at PUBLIX and pick up three pounds of FRESH GREEN BEANS to cook. I'm almost excited to get back to a healthy WOE!! http://bestsmileys.com/eating1/2.gif

TALITHA...I've done that many time on can lids and it's not a funny thing! Just make sure that you keep it cleaned with perioxide...http://bestsmileys.com/medical/6.gif
You should be able to pick up the football games on the local channels from Atlanta. There are two on CBS every Saturday..of course, they aren't always THE SEC GAMES http://bestsmileys.com/evil/3.gif

OK...I'm off...got to clean my room...my DB is coming next Saturday and he will be inspecting! http://bestsmileys.com/cleaning/2.gif

BOB

Ellen 10-16-2005 12:25 PM

Morning! Just got in from a walk. After the walk, I got in the pool. It was very very cold, I feel numb, and somewhat like a polar bear! I need to shower but I am enjoying the numbness right now.

Tom wants me to go down to Treeclimbers with him this afternoon...I have not decided yet if I want to. I may want to just chill out here until church tonight. I need to knit...which I COULD do there. I may stay and read too. I need to get my lesson plans done for a few weeks at least.

Breakfast was crustless quiche, and an oat bran muffin, coffee with half and half and hot tea with agave.

I will check in later! :wave:

GatorGal 10-16-2005 01:42 PM

Gosh, the board is really slow. My post from a couple days ago is at the top of this page.
BOB--I watched all the home games and have not seen the offense show up yet. The only thing the offense is doing is offending the fans. Yuk, Yuk. And if you can't score points, you can't win games. I agree with your prediction on the Cocktail party game. I'm just hoping we'll beat Vandy!!! We may have already won our quota this year. :(

Eating has been good, except for last night went we went to my DS's for cassolet for dinner. She had appetizers and then the meal, with salad, fresh baked bread and then the cassoulet (white beans, meat and vegetables and herbs). It was good. Even had dessert. :( Today is much better:
B--Oatmeal with dried cherries and sk. milk
L. Tuna salad sandwich on SGWW bread, 1/2 cup fruit conserve and a dab of pot roast.
Dinner may be lentil soup. My DH just left for out of town. Will be back Wed.

The weather here is really nice now. Down in the 60's at night and 80's in the day time. Perfect for my convertible. I'll now have to break down and do some yard work.

Taught Sunday school to our adult class this morning. We are just starting Hosea 4 and it is going fairly slowly. There is a woman in the class who is a REAL beginner as far as Bible study, and she asks many questions, some really basic ones. That's really good, as it gives an opportunity for some basic teaching which is always good.

Well, gonna go knit. I've gotten to the teddy bear part in the knitting now, so it's even more fun. I will have about 16 bobbins of yarn dangling from my needles because of all the color changes. Fun.