Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 07:27 AM   #1  

Default Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 3/21 - 3/27

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://<span style="font-family:Aria...t802547</span>

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 03-21-2005, 07:40 AM   #2  

Thanks Monet for starting the boards. Guess I'm the first one here. But its only 6:30 am. Well hope the week is good for everyone. I'm off track but trying to get on. Seems I've had a year of just struggling with my weight. But will hang in there and keep trying. I'm proud to be drinking lots of water. The Grandsons will be here Friday with my DIL, with my son could make it but he's busy being a drill sergent in South Carolina right now. But I'm excited to see those little boys. I get to make their Easter baskets and help them dye eggs. Then I'm having Easter dinner here Sunday. Well I'm rattleing on, so I'll just wish you all a happy day..
Old 03-21-2005, 10:00 AM   #3  
Goddess

Default Morning all!

Hello everyone!

Monet--Happy Birthday! (OK, so I know I'm a day late, but I hope you had a great day being the birthday tyrant! ). Did y'all do anything special or was Tom too pooped after you made him wait on you hand and foot?

Jackie--Spring is here, but unfortunately the weather hasn't changed a bit! It's still gray here and cool. Arrgghh! Congrats on UK making the sweet 16!

BOB--I was gued to the TV yesterday watching BB! My NC State upset U Conn and made the sweet 16! Susan was a very very happy camper yesterday!

Gator--Sorry about UF. I know how heartbreaking it is.

Ok--must go for more coffee.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Susan

Old 03-21-2005, 10:02 AM   #4  
Goddess

Toni--Glad to see you here to be the first to kick us off! Enjoy the grandkids. I will see one of my nieces this weekend for Easter and I can't wait. The other will be in Rome for Easter! She is going on a school trip for spring break. Enjoy them while they are little--when they get older somehow they want a life of their own!
Old 03-21-2005, 10:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Ladies.

It was a beautiful first day of Spring yesterday. Got some things done in the house and tried to get out as much as possible. With the ballgames, it is hard to leave the TV.

It's going to be a crazy week. I have Easter at my house so I need to get to the store and plan my menu. Plus I am all out of food to eat. I hate that.

Cindy, sending prayers for your dad. Hope he is better soon.

Gator, sorry your team lost. I was shocked that KY won. I couldn't even watch it. Now it will start getting tougher. I can't get over the upsets. My sheet is a mess.

Tech, Congrats on your new ticker

Bob, hope you rested your arm this weekend and are feeling better today.

Susan, What an upset NC State was. They were awesome. I love this time of year. I can't get away from the TV.

Toni, sounds like you will be having some fun this weekend with those kids. Kids make holidays so much for fun.

Monet, Happy belated birthday. Hope your birthday was a special as you are.

bf: 1/2 ww bagel with peanut butter
snack: maybe some cheese or an apple
Lunch: corn beef and swiss on ww, orange
Dinner: roast, rice and veggie

Got to run. Have lots to do today and I have to leave early for a dr appt which I forgot 3 weeks ago.

Have a great day.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:13 PM   #6  

Good afternoon, everyone! I am taking a lazy day, aka a Mono day... I got a book I wanted for my birthday from James, so I am spending today reading it.

Lunch was peanut butter and a green tipped banana. I have not had wheat for three days now, and I think it is helping who I feel.

Not much going on here! Hope everyone is well!
Old 03-21-2005, 01:50 PM   #7  
Addicted to potato salad!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONET

HOPE IT WAS AS FANTABULOUS AS YOU ARE!!

I'll be back later for Monday afternoon blurbs and musings...just had to be sure and get that out!!
Old 03-21-2005, 03:20 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good afternoon

Happy belated birthday Monet! ((Hugzz)) I hope you are enjoying your new book. Today is perfect weather for it. At least here, it's cool and rainy.

I totally regressed this weekend but back on track today.

Praying each of you has a GREAT on plan week.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 03-21-2005, 04:16 PM   #9  
Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 151/135/110

Height: 5'1"

Hi guys...I don't know if I am doing this right..but, here goes.

I am new to SB!

I have been ill and usually I watch very closely what I eat/exercise..but, for the last 2 weeks, I have been ill (bad cold, conjunctivitis, bad ears etc..miserable!)

Today is my first day on SB!!!!

I need all the help I can get..support will get me through the tough times.

My stats: 26 yrs, female, 140lbs, 5'1" -- name: Sarah

I will check back frequently...I am glad I found this board.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:11 PM   #10  

Good afternoon everyone. Can't believe the day is nearly gone. The board is sure slow today. Can't believe we didn't get off the first page.

Sarah- Welcome to Sugar Busters. This is a great place to be and I'm sure you'll enjoy it...

countryMom- I with you about my eating this week end. Its good we have a new week.

Tech- Howdy gal!!

Monet- sounds like you're really enjoying the day. I love to get a new book and just take the day off.

Jack-K- I've got to plan my Easter dinner to and have no clue what I'm having. Hope you're having better luck than me.

Fillise- Wow Rome wouldn't that be nice. Enjoy your niece...
Old 03-21-2005, 05:19 PM   #11  
Cachinup

Angry

Hi everyone. Well better late than never. Its kinda hard to have web time with a 6 week old and a 3 year old. Did lots of painting with my little guy today. Can't wait for this weather to break so we can get outside!!!

Ok, well not so great on program today. I guess I got a little frustrated this morning when I weighed in and I was only down 1 lb from last Monday. Oh well, slow and steady is best, right?? I pacified myself with a bowl of granola! Got back on for lunch tho with some low fat cheese and triscuts, and almonds for snack.

I desperately would love to hear what ya'll eat for lunch. Lunch seems to be my toughest time. I have the SB Cookbook and those lunch recipes are just too much cooking for a busy Mom during the day.

Hoping I get out for a nice walk tonite. I don't think I mentioned this yesterday but I live at the beach in South Jersey so walks are quite nice/quiet this time of year.

Monet, Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you had quite a nice day.

Sarah, Welcome...I just joined yesterday so you and I can learn together.

I'll give my stats.

42 years old
5'4
live in New Jersey
SW: 170
CW: 163
GW: 130-135

Small goal is 150 by 4/30/05

Oh how do you put your Fat Chicks weight ticker on the bottom? I like how it shows your progress.

Thanks. I'll check in again when the kids go to bed.

Charlie
Old 03-21-2005, 06:18 PM   #12  
Gettin' Skinny

I am happy to meet all of you. So far today I have done quite well with this WOE..yes, first day though. I have had some s/f items--making sure they had completely no sugar...like pudding and a protein bar. I hope that is okay? I would like to not "need" even that anymore either...but...

My goal is: 110lbs...because I am so short.

I hope to do well with this board and this WOE.

Take care everyone!

Sarah
Old 03-21-2005, 07:12 PM   #13  

Hi everyone. Mondays here all over again. The weekends sure go fast. We are up to the 40's here so maybe thats a good sign.

Monet- glad you had such a nice birthday !

Hi Sarah. Glad to have you here with us .

Catchinup- I do alot of leftovers or salads for lunch.

Mondays menu:

b- 1 cup kashi cereal, 3 bacon, 1/2 cup strawberries
s- plain yogurt with 1/4 cup blueberries
l- Turkey sandwich on ww lc bread, 1/2 cup LF cottage cheese
s- orange
d- 4 oz steak, large romaine/spinach salad with diced brocilli and lf ranch
s- 1/2 cup lc icecream
s- 1/2 oz almonds
Old 03-21-2005, 07:13 PM   #14  
Addicted to potato salad!

Toni: Hiya!!

Hi Charlie...Welcome aboard!! I think you were asking about lunch? Are you a stay at home mom? So am I...to 4 year old and a 10 year old...who is off to school..BUT, I do pretty well at lunch... These are some things I'll eat:

Turkey on WW bread with mayo and sliced green peppers....this can be tricky because you have to really look on the ingredients to see if it is truly WW. If the first (or any) ingredient says enriched, it's not true WW. Your best bet is to get your bread from your grocery store's bakery where they bake the bread on site. They may list the ingredients and I get 7-grain or sourdough bread from here...they are both legal, but with all 'starchy carbs', you need to keep these to a minimum.

But, back to what I eat for lunch...today I had a turkey burger patty with sour cream on the side and made a smoothie, which included 6 crushed ice cubes, 1 cup of plain yogurt, 2 capfuls of vanilla, 1 hefty spoonful of Splenda , 1/2 cup of skim milk and six strawberries. I will also have a can of tuna and an orange if I'm in a hurry OR a salad with leftover meat from the night before's dinner...today I had salad with cut up, re heated steak!! YUM!! If I think of anything else, I'll let you know...

Sarah: Welcome to the group!! I like your goal weight. I'm short, too (5'2") and my ideal weight is 120-125. Unfortunately, I haven't weighed that in a looooong time! You can do it!! Start a ticker! If you go to UserCP, you can click on the sample orange ticker, set your's up and then copy/paste the string they give you into your signature line. Compllicated at first, but you'll get it and then it's snap! Welcome!!

Gotta run...I'm watching Legally Blonde with my daughter...which is pretty much a movie about me if I'd gone to law school when I was 22ish. I used to think Private Benjamin was a movie about me till I saw this one!! I love Reese Witherspoon...

Bye guys!! Kris
Old 03-21-2005, 08:39 PM   #15  
Gettin' Skinny

Well, it is almost that time of day that I will be getting home from work (yeah, I work late on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays) and eating dinner. I know that this is a little "off program" in the time thing...but, I adjust my entire day for this. I work 2-9pm on Monday, 2-8 on Tues and 2-8 on Friday. I am getting really hungry!!

I will start posting a journal if there is a journal forum?? Maybe people can critique my eating habits...

Nice to meet you all!

Sarah
Closed Thread