Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 12-13-2004, 07:34 AM   #1  

Default Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 12/13 - 12/19

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50361

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 07:45 AM   #2  

Good Morning! I am going to start the week off coming clean...we went to Garcia's last night, and I had tortilla soup. That would have been ok if I had only left the chips alone. I probably ate 3/4 of a basket by myself. On the way home they caught up with me, and I was feeling gross. Maybe I will remember that next time, BEFORE I eat them.

Not much going on here today. I finally ordered something to be sent to my family. Today, I need to go buy some gift cards to send to Tom's family, and a few items for my family and a few close friends. I doubt I will get much done today, but it will be nice to make a bit of progress. We have a white elephant gift exchange at small group tomorrow night, so I need to find two small cheap presents. Oh, and I ordered a few things from Amazon. Progress! It feels good!

Unfortunately, I do not. My belly still hurts from the dancing episode Friday night which I compounded by carrying around all my babies around Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The Lortabs, and ibuprofen did not hardly take the edge off it yestday. Today, I will try and rest more.

Tomorrow my friend Tom (the OTHER Tom...not my husband) and I are heading over to Auburn to visit FILLISE and see some art work he is interested in. He and his wife are one of the young couples we are friends with from church. I am looking forward to seeing FILLISE.

I hope everyone has a great week! I have been trying to think of a suitable motivation, but am coming up blank. I will come back and post one if I think of something....
Old 12-13-2004, 09:04 AM   #3  

Good morning everyone!!

What a beautiful morning to wake up to. It will be slightly chilly today but that's okay since having dh and Jess wth me will keep me warm I am starting this morning with some grocery shopping and also a little Christmas shopping for a program at church. Then, I should be home until later in the afternoon as we will be meeting up with some friends that we have not met for few months. Our busy lives have get the best of us but we really needed to catch up so it's time

I might not get to check in until tomorrow so I just want to get on here early and wish everyone a good day!!

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 10:06 AM   #4  

Good Morning:

It sounds like everyone is staying busy, as most of us are this time of year. I have a Mom's Night Out tonight; it's an ornament exchange and potluck. It should be fun to get out and catch up. On Wed, we have the Mom's Club Christmas party for the kids, so Lane and I will go to that. I can't believe that after Friday, Britt will be out of school until Jan. 3rd.

The strangest thing happened to me....on Saturday night, as well as last night. I was fine all day, and then when I layed down in bed, everything felt like it was spinnning and I felt dizzy and lightheaded, even kinda sick to my stomach. Even if I felt better, once I rolled over in bed, it would happen again. Once I woke up yesterday a.m., and this a.m., I feel fine. It just seems to be happening at night. I guess I'll see if it happens a few more times, and if it does, I'll make an appt. to see my doctor.

My eating has been pretty good, and exercise has been fair. I was at 120# this morning, so I guess all is averaging out.

I got a ticket on Saturday, so now I have to take a class. I am trying to register to take it online. Boy, that stinks; the class will still be $120, but the ticket would have been $165, and the points would have gone on my driver's license. I think that last ticket I got was in the early to mid 90's; I guess I was due.

DH took Britt to school, so I am still in my jammies. If Lane takes a nap today, I will go to the gym before picking up Britt from school.

Ken: Have a great day w/ your daughter, husband and friends!

Monet: Whoa...slow down woman. I am sure you are feeling the pressure/pain from the weekend. Enjoy your day with your friend and with Fillise!

I better get going; Lane wants to play Baby Dolls.

Take care,
Nat

Last edited by Pancho; 12-13-2004 at 10:09 AM.
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 11:03 AM   #5  
Addicted to potato salad!

Here's my monday inspirational/friday funny!

Can't eat Beef, Mad cow....

Can't eat chicken . bird flu

Can't eat eggs . Salmonella

Can't eat pork ... fears that bird flu will infect piggies

Can't eat fish ... heavy metals in the
waters has poisoned their meat

Can't eat fruits and veggies ... insecticides and herbicides

Hmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

M

M

M

M

M

I believe that leaves Chocolate!!!!!!!!

Chocolate is a Vegetable

Chocolate is derived from cocoa beans.

Bean = vegetable.

**Sugar is derived from either sugar cane or sugar BEETS.

**Both of them are plants, in the vegetable category. Thus, chocolate
is a
vegetable.

**To go one step further, chocolate candy bars also contain milk,
which is dairy. So candy bars are a health food.

**Chocolate-covered raisins, cherries, orange slices and strawberries
all
count as fruit, so eat as many as you want.

**Remember - - -

"STRESSED" spelled backward is "DESSERTS"

Send this to four people and you will lose 2 pounds.

Send this to everyone you know (or ever knew), and you will lose 10
pounds.

(If you delete this message, you will gain 10 pounds immediately.)

"That's why I had to pass this on - - - - - I didn't want to risk it."
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 11:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday morning,

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I spent most of it shopping. Practically finished. Everything is wrapped. DH went with me Sat and we got a couple things for me.

Eatng was pretty good for the weekend. But the best thing was I got dressed Sat and picked up the wrong jeans. They were some I had grown out of. They fit. They weren't loose, but I got them and and zipped before I realized they were the old ones. A pair of slacks that I just bought were looesr today, Yipee! it goes to show what a little exercise will do. Now that motivates me to get back on the TM every night this week.

Monet, those chips are the hardest thing to leave alone. Last time, I took my own with me and that helped.

Nat, Hope that dizziness goes away. I had that just one day. Don't know what causes it but it went right away the next day. Have fun at your party tonight.

Ken, have fun with your friends.

Tech, That was cute.

Have a great day.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 12:29 PM   #7  
Addicted to potato salad!

Another cute site just in time for Christmas....Monet will love this, especially!! As well as all us cat lovers!!

http://www.fluffytails.ca/christmas.asp
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 01:13 PM   #8  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!

Not much going on here in Sunny FLA....the temp is 70degrees and there is a balmy breeze coming in off the gulf...I LOVE IT!!!!

I go back to work on Wednesday (if the Health Nurse at the Hospital clears Me) and it will be hard to get back into the swing of things! BUT...gotta do it! My hand is feeling fine today, no nerve pain at all! No sensitivity AT ALL!!
It's a good day!

MONET....I'm so glad you cleared up that TOM thing...ya know, I thought it was the monthly TOM and then I smacked myself in the head and got that thought cleared right up!
Have a good time with Susan...I know you will...

JACKIE...I thought I was through.....and now I find out that my Brother DOESN'T WANT WHAT I WAS GETTING HIM!!! He's making it rough....now I've got to go to the MALL!!! I have succeeded in not visiting there AT ALL for ANY of my shopping, but now it's too late to order without paying extra to get it here! Oh well, at least the KIDS aren't out of school yet...shouldn't be too crowded!

CUTE TECH!!!

NAT...good to see you...squeeze Lane for us! and BRIT too!

JULIA!!!!

Well, I'm off...got to drop some papers to the Attorney, take back some movies, go to the Post Office etc...I'll check in later

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 02:32 PM   #9  

I went to WalMart and Publix this morning. I got a few things, but not as many as I wanted. A bit later, I will go out to either Home Depot or Lowes....but only if I feel like it. I really need a nap! I almost fell asleep this morning, but one of the kittens jumped on me and scared me to death! I jumped a foot, and then I couldn't fall asleep...

BOB: Just between you and me, I have always been annoyed with the monthly thing being called Tom. I much prefer Aunt Flo, or AF for short. When everyone starts to gripe and moan about Tom, I think of this wonderful man I married, and it just makes me mad! I am so glad your hand it better! I know that is a relief! I hope you enjoyed the time off though!

TECH: That was a cute web page! My daughter has eight cats, and they have the attitude that the cats should enjoy the Christmas tree! I shudder to think what their tree looks like! Most of their cats are still kittens! I am having trouble with the three kittens here...I can't imagine more!

JACK: Woo hoo! Way to go on the pants! I know that feels good! I can't wait until I can wear my regular clothes again! My belly is still pretty swollen...

KENG: Enjoy your visit with your friends! Its so easy to let the time slide by, without keeping in touch with old friends. We have some we really need to call...but its so busy around now..
Old 12-13-2004, 04:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, guys! I weighed this AM and I'm up almost 3 pounds from Friday. My own fault for that "legal" binge I pulled Saturday, plus it didn't help that I ate 2 handfuls of Funjuns last night Today is better though. SEBRAY- Everyone falls off track from time to time, get up and dust yourself off and get back on track and that will be the key to success. Take it from someone who does it more than anyone should I got my exercise in for the day. Did Burn it Up. Man, I LOATHE that workout! Brutal, but I did it and glad it's over with. Probably will only do it once a week, that's how much I detest it. PANCHO- Just do it one time and you'll see what I'm talking about. I won't be teaching my exercise class tomorrow at the church. My Uncle passed away yesterday and his wake is tomorrow evening. He had a stomach aneurysm and the bleeding just wouldn't stop. We weren't close because he and my Aunt divorced when I was really little. I remember him as this little man who could really play the fiddle(played bluegrass). I'm going to support my cousins and pay my respects. Anyway, not much going on. Ugh, Judge Judy is on, I have to change it, she is so obnoxious. Okay, changed. Just staying at home today. I'm still waiting to hear if the funds are available with the house loan. Wish they would hurry up. Alright, here's my menu.

BF- 3 eggs and 2 1/2 slices bacon
Snack- SF powerbar
Lunch- cajun roast beef and swiss sandwich(2 slices bread, mayo, mustard, onion, beef, light swiss) and a salad(lettuce, onion, cukes, 1 boiled egg white, bacon bits, cheddar cheese, and Ranch dressing)
*Dessert*- LC vanilla yogurt(was wanting something sweet).
Supper- got chuck steaks marinating in Italian dressing and seasonings. Plan on cooking them in olive oil with bell peppers and onions. Cauliflower with lemon pepper and butter, fresh snap beans,(and yellow rice for the rest of the family since they don't eat cauliflower).

Jack-k- You're doing great! What are you down to now?

Alright, I need to do some laundry and a little straightening up. The house needs to be mopped and dusted but I simply don't want to
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 04:15 PM   #11  

Boy the board is really slow. Just checking in before I run home. Want to stop at this little gift shop and see if I can find a little something for my 2 sisters. Then home to fix dinner. Meatloaf is already cooked and waiting. Will get my workout in after that.

Bob, I'm so glad your finger is better. That is sooner than they expected isn't it? Only 1 trip to the mall, I've been there at least 10 times and to every mall. It is blowing snow here today. Trade ya.

Heart I'm at 167. still 10 above before I started all the breast cancer stuff. Sorry about your uncle.

Monet, at least you got some things done. Little steps are better than none.

Have a great evening.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:01 PM   #12  

I am SO stoked! I just realized I am going to Auburn tomorrow! I get to see Fillise! Woo Hoo! Can't wait!

I took a nap...that is until the stupid At&t guy called and woke me up. Grrrrrr. At least I can function now.

Dinner will be a legal ww pizza I found at Whole Foods...can't wait to try it!

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:13 PM   #13  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Default Hey everyone!

Just wanted to drop a note and wish you all very HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

My computer is still trashed, so I can't post like I wish I could, but I have stayed pretty well OP and have lost a few more pounds. I'm back down into my size 14's instead of being back UP to my 18's!! Of course all this falls on the heels of having some disastrous health problems with my diabetes (blood sugars in the 250's!) . In the last 2 months I've spent out of pocket $600 in medical bills. I thank the Lord every day that I at least had insurance, so it wasn't any more!!!! Needless to say we aren't doing anything for Christmas here, there's nothing left and I'm having a hard time with kicking myself about it being my fault. I know that's silly, but when I think about the fact that my health problems are going to be the reason that my kids aren't going to have a great Christmas, it breaks my heart. I'm trying to remind myself that isn't what Christmas is about... but it's hard to explain that to my kiddos. They will understand one day, and next year maybe things will be back to normal and we'll be able to do for our kids (AND our Salvation Army Angel that we usually do every year, also.)

On the upside... my diabetes is back under control !!! I had gained some weight back, and by getting my health back under control, I lost 22 pounds in ONE MONTH in November. I'm down to 184... which is better than the 210 I was up to again in October... When will I LEARN???????????????????

I also had my first severe asthma attack since I was 16. I got into something that I was apparently very allergic to when we were outside cleaning the yard up. That also landed me in the hospital for a bit, but I'm doing better now and no more attacks in a couple of weeks.

I just want to ask for your prayers this season. I can't get email and can't read the board like I wish I could because my computer is messed up, and I have to use a friends right now. But I'll feel it in my heart when you send the good thoughts and prayers. I'm just reminding myself over and over that being here with my family is much more important than gifts!

Thanks in advance for the prayers... I know you all are a great group of people who can lift my spirits with prayer

I hope everyone is healthy and happy, and is reminding themselves that we're all blessed to be here this Christmas season... and we will continue to keep ourselves on the path to getting healthier and making sure we're around for MANY more holiday's to come!!
Bless your families and friends... and you all... and I'll try and get back asap.

DEB - if you still have my number, I could use some encouragement if you feel like calling!!

Love you all!!
Bye
Beth2374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 08:51 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, guys. It's me again! Bored. LOL. I have been a bum all day, just lying around. So I just did a 2 mile walk(WATP) so now I feel like I didn't just waste the day. Robby went down to his friend's house to play the stupid Playstation. Apparently, it's much better on his friend's Plasma. It's getting kinda old, but I do get some "me" time. The kids are in the tub making too much racket,lol..so here I am. I need to find something constructive to do with my time tomorrow. There are times when I'm running around and there's simply not enough time to do everything I want to in the day. Then there are days like this, just boring. BETH- Don't know if you're able to read this or not. But prayers are being sent. Great going on getting back into those 14's.
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 11:00 AM   #15  

Oh the goodoes are pouring in here today. Luckily there are some fruits, cheeses and summer sausages to go along with the cookies, nuts, candies, cakes. etc. It is so hard to leave it alone.

Beth, I'm so sorry to hear about your health problems. Try not to take the burden upon yourself. You can't do anythign about that. I'm glad you are getting it under control. I guess following this WOE will help too. You are in my prayers. try to have a nice Christmas. It's family and friends that really matter this time of year. God Bless.

Heart, it is a boring day here today. I don't have a lot of work to do and all I want to do is eat even though I'm not hungry.

Monet, have fun with Susan.

Bob, enjoy your last day at home.

I did get my 1.25 mile on the TM last night and 20 minutes of wt training. Wrapped a couple more items and called it a night.

Have a great day, the few of us that are here.