Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 07:47 AM   #1  

Default Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 6/13 - 6/19

Welcome to the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=870448#post870448

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

Old 06-13-2005, 07:53 AM   #2  

Challenge Time!

Water: Drink at least 8 glasses a day

RECIPE: Try a new recipe, and post it! Share your review!

MOVE!: Get your exercise and post it on the exercise board!

Now go out and make this a good week!
You can do it!
Old 06-13-2005, 09:53 AM   #3  
Little Engine That Could

Thanks, Monet, for starting the board as you do so faithfully every week.

I have lost 4 of the 6 pounds I gained last month. I was very faithful last week, except for one day, and even kept track of my calories. I stuck to fruits, veggies and lean meats. My one day slip: Saturday where we went to a party and then had people over for dinner that night. At the party I tried "one" (count it--one) Dorito corn chip with salsa and sour cream. After that one, it was a landslide and I must have eaten 15 of those things! Then we came home and had friends over for a French dinner: a whole chicken stuffed with herbs and roasted atop a big crosswise slice of a round French loaf that had been drizzled with olive oil, and topped with sautéed onions, crushed garlic, tomato slices, herbs, salt and pepper. The chicken was nice and brown and juicy and tender and all the drippings went down into the bread, which crusted up beautifully in the oven for the 1 1/2 hour roasting time. We served the bread in wedges, along with the chicken and a nice green salad. Then vanilla ice cream and cherries cooked in red wine with a touch of sweet butter and sugar. So that was totally off SB, but those things happen and I'm back on the straight and narrow this week. I have had my legal breakfast and have walked my 1.5 miles and have 4600 steps so far.

As for a new recipe, hmmm. Well, perhaps the above chicken recipe, but instead of the bread, one could roast it over a bed of cooked brown rice. Details? Be sure the chicken is a "farm style" chicken, such as Smart Chicken brand or any air chilled chicken. You can get Smart Chicken at Publix. Also, rub salt and pepper into the chicken skin and stuff the inside with crushed garlic, salt and pepper, and thyme. Brown the chicken well in a big skillet before setting atop the rice, and cook for 1 1/2 - 2 hours at 325°. I used a 4 pound chicken. Brush the chicken with about 3 T. olive oil before baking.

Now, the water. Well, I have been having a BIG problem drinking 8 glasses of water. I'm just not thirsty and get down 5 to 6 at best. Any suggestions?

I'm still sorting out my pictures but hope to send Monet 6 or so pictures today for posting if I can get them sized right here.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:07 AM   #4  
Goddess

Thumbs up Good Monday Morning!

Morning all!

It is wonderful to see the sun shining this morning after a rainy weekend!

I had a post last night that did end of the week replies to folks. It was a quiet weekend for me. Belle and I stayed inside most of the weekend because it was so rainy.

I'm doing well with my water now. I have a rubbermaid container that I fill and drink three times to get my water in. The problem is that I'm in the bathroom every 20 minutes ALL AFTERNOON! I have a two hour meeting this afternoon and can see that's gonna be a problem!

As for a new recipe--this is really simple, but I had it for dinner my last night in Italy and made it last night. It's a steak salad. You use any kind of salad greens and veggies you like dressed with olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Add about 3 oz of sliced steak and then top with shavings of fresh parmesian cheese. So simple, but soooo wonderful. It was as good last night as I remembered it being in Milan. It is entirely OP too!

Gator--Mmmmm, your roast chicken sounds wonderful. I'm glad to hear that those vacation pounds are coming off. I hear you on the chips--what was that old advertising campaign--"I bet you can't eat just one?"

Monet--It sounds like you had a good celebration for Laura. I hope you can get some pool time in this week--but you have that wedding Saturday, don't you?

I hope everyone has a good OP week!

Susan
Old 06-13-2005, 10:24 AM   #5  

Good Morning! I just got in from a walk. I think I got in a mile and a quarter, but it was 20 minutes of walking, which will probably be how I count it for a while. I need to get back into exercise and even with a busy week, I went. I have made excuses for too long.

So far this morning, I had two ww waffles with agave, and a cup of espresso with half and half and agave. I am working on my second quart of water. I have decided this is the week I turn the corner. Next week, I may do some detox to get back on the straight and narrow, and undo the damage my indiscretions have caused. I have told myself I will take six weeks for ME. I will do some projects around the house, and teach the Thursday morning kids art classes I have commited to, but nothing else. I plan to clean, swim, workout, garden, play and stay on program. A friend of mine, who is a nurse, used to say you need to give your house an enema every six months. Its been three years for mine, and it needs detoxing as much as my body does! My closets are stuffed, and all my storage space is full. I have a large house, and this is not acceptable! So, I will pretend that we are moving and start cleaning out stuff I don't need! Besides, I need to find a good place to store my new pressure cookers!

Like in Fillise's neck of the woods, it is beautiful and sunny here. I am enjoying the sunshine. I do have to bake cakes today, and make meatballs, but I am feeling upbeat and like I can handle it. I am just praying I don't forget anything important!

I will be back later!
Old 06-13-2005, 10:30 AM   #6  

Oh my goodness you gals are making me hungry. Both the recipes sound so good. Heres mine and I forgot where I got it from. 16 oz. package frozen cauliflower, 8 oz. cream cheese softened, 8 oz. shedded cheddar cheese, 4 green onions, chopped, 1/4 teas. salt and 1/4 teas. pepper or to taste, 3 pieces bacon, chopped and fried until crisp. Cook the cauliflower until soft, about 8 to 10 min. drain very well and break up florets a bit with a spoon. Put in a greased 8X8 baking pan or 2 quart casserole. Mix in rest of ingred. Dust top with paprika, if desired. Bake at 350 for 20 to 40 minutes, until browned and bubbly. Makes 6 servings. Can be frozen.

My company has left now and visiting with my brother was just great. I try to do good old home cooking for him because his wife isn't a very good cook. So my eating was not the greatest. But I'm back on track and going again. I'll take the gain this week and hope the week after is better. I have lots of housework to do so will get busy. Be back later...
Old 06-13-2005, 10:45 AM   #7  

I am going to try and post a few pictures from Gator...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P5160092.jpg (15.1 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg P5180039.jpg (11.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg P5200074.jpg (9.1 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg P5250172.jpg (10.0 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg P5280200.jpg (14.0 KB, 40 views)
Old 06-13-2005, 10:46 AM   #8  

Hopefully, Gator will get on soon and tell us what these places are!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg P6010332.jpg (10.6 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg P6050557.jpg (12.1 KB, 35 views)
Old 06-13-2005, 10:59 AM   #9  
Little Engine That Could

The first picture is one of the irrigation canal that runs for MILES in southern France. It was just below our house and we walked along the footpath beside it most every day. Beautiful and shady with great views, one of which is picture # 4, which is also the view from the back of our house, where you can see the Mediterranean. Cannes is just off the left edge of this picture.
Picture #2 is the front of the house where we stayed for the 2 1/2 weeks in France, and picture #3 is GatorGal at the French Riviera in Cannes. Yes, many of the women do go topless on the beach, even women with droopy boobs! Picture #5 is a typical sidewalk café in a small town near us. Notice the very narrow street where a car might (and might not!) be able to fit through. My DH is the man in the blue.
The next post frame with the 2 pictures: picture # 1 is me at the cooking school in Italy, chopping zucchini for zucchini/saffron soup. The chef is the older man in the background. And the last picture is our view from the foot path hiking trail of one of the little towns that cling to the rocks above the Mediterranean in the Cinque Terre (five lands) in Italy.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:09 AM   #10  

Great pix! Thanks for sharing, Gail.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:33 AM   #11  

Good morning SB buddies,

Sorry for missing in action. I got a little lazy again Last week has been quite an eventful week. Dh and I have decided to furnish our family room and we have been working with a designer at Ethan Ellen. Dh was really thrilled with the layout of the furniture placements, ideas for fabrics etc. Infact, he was more excited than I am. I wasn't sure if we are ready to do the whole family room but he said, it is time We went ahead and pay downpayment for our furnitures to get the process started. The furnitures will take about 8 to 12 weeks to be ready. Now, all we need to do is paint some walls before the furniture arrives. We were planning to do it anyway when we do some touch up around the house so this is just perfect. I saw the paint color I like at the showroom at Ethan Ellen and the interior designer will incorporate the color into our design. I love working with her and she has been very nice and accomodating. It feels nice not to feel like we are being pushed to buy anything. She kept reminding us that we do not have to buy everything (she put together our family room for us), just whatever we need now and definitely don't have to buy now. However, dh was ready and so was I.

My second highlight is that we sold our first spec home. My dh is a part-time builder and he intends to quit his engineering job sometime in the future and concentrate on his building career. He has built few houses for other people in the past but we have not done our own project where we build a spec home and then find a buyer for it. Dh started the spec home few months ago and it is almost near completion now. The last 2 weeks, there have been many viewings and 2 parties were very interested. One of them made a quick offer and after some negotiation, we accepted their offer last week. The other party was disappointed that they lost the house and wanted dh to build their house in the future. That sure sounds good I know something could still go wrong until the closing date but it is sure a relief to know that something promising has happened. This is our first spec home so dh is a little sad to part with it...lol. It is "his" baby

Jess started her VBS today and it will end this Friday. She is thrilled to be able to go back to "school" although it is not really like her actual school but she loves being around other kids. So, I have 3 hours of peace and quiet for the next few days. I really could use them to run some errands and to get the house clean up. Next Monday, we will have some friends visiting us from Miami. They will be here for 1 week. We might bring them to the mountains, either GA mountain or Smokey Mountain in TN. I am really looking for that little vacation as we haven't had a vacation for a long time.

Okay, enough of updates for me, here's my menu for today :

Breakfast : 1 ww waffle, 3 sall sausages and 1 cup of soymilk.

Snack : Some grapes.

Lunch : Grilled ham and cheese sandwich and mixed green salad. Might have some fruits too.

Snack : Fruits.

Dinner : Spaghetti and meatballs with a mixed green salad.

Dh is off today so I try to not spend too much time in the kitchen instead spend more time with him and Jess. More like...an excuse to relax...lol.

Some replies :

MONET : Thanks for starting the board. We appreciate your dedication Happy Belated birthday to Laura. The birthday menu sounds yummy!!!

GATOR : Welcome back!!! I am glad you had a great trip. Congrats on the 4 lbs loss! You ave done such an awesome job getting back on track. Thanks for sharing the pics, you looked good!!!

FILLISE : Yes, the sun is out and shining brightly as well. It is a little humid here but no complaints. I know the temps are supposed to get up to 90's this week. Your steak salad sounds so yummy and simple. Thanks for the recipe.

MONET : WTG on getting the walk in. I on the other hand didn't do much outside. It is way too hot for me right now....lol. Maybe I will do more housework today Your plans sound good...you can do it!

TONI : hey Toni....glad to see you and that you enjoyed your brother's visit

That's for now Got to do some work before going to pick up dd from her VBS.

Julia
Old 06-13-2005, 11:33 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday Morning Ladies

Hope everyone had a good weekend. It was rainy here too. Especially yesterday. Our picnic was ok. Not as much of a crowd as usual on Friday and Saturday the rain kept people away. We probably are down around $50,000.00. It is a shame, but can't help Mother Nature.
I managed to get by with only 3/4 of a dacquiri. I told them I didn't want to have any. That lasted for awhile and they insisted I have one. It was tradition they said. They weren't that good so I had no problem refusing any more. Eating was ok for the weekend. My choices on Friday were fried fish and slaw. The scale held for Sat, so I was pleased. Had a graduation party Sat night and ate fruit, veggies and BBQ w/o the bread. I'm sure the BBQ had sugar, but that was all I could do. I did not have any cake. Yesterday was all legal, even though we only at 2 meals, breakfast and dinner. Dinner was stuffed shells and they were heavy and the scale was up 2 lbs this morning so I am hoping it was the wt of the food.

Went shopping yesterday for bathing suits for vacation. That is disgusting. I wish I knew what you can do for flabby thighs with cellulite. Nasty. I bought one with a skirt, but it would need to be knee length to help.

Monet, I am started in the exercise already. I got up at 5:30 and got in a mile on the treadmill. Tonight while dinner is cooking I will get my wts in. The girls have VB so we will go watch that. I have to get my pizza crust ready tonight for tomorrow night. So I will have a busy 2 hours when I get home getting dinner for 2 nights, lunches made and my workout in. One the recipe thing, I am fixing quiche on Thursday. I haven't made it in awhile. I will post the recipe then.

Toni, That cauliflower recipe sounds yummy. I am going to try it. Glad you had a good visit with your brother.

Gator, those pics are great. I love seeing you we are "talking" with all the time. The country is so beautiful. Congrats on losing 4 lbs already.

Susan, your salad sounds great too. They have somehting similar to that at O'Charley's a black and bleu salad with steak and clue cheese. I fix that at home a lot. Glad your rain is over.

Monet, Good for you. You need to take time for yourself. Get up and get your exercise in early and it will always get done. Be careful making those cakes.
BF: mini bagel (ww) with peanut butter, coffee
Snack: grapes, pepperoni bites.
Lunch, salad, orange
Dinner, pork chops, sauerkraut, aspargus.

Got to run, my tummy is growling. Be back Later.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:36 AM   #13  

PEASY : Welcome to our board. We are so glad you are here. Don't worry about mistakes, we all make it from time to time. As long as you get back on track, you will be just fine. SB is not about "doing 100% or you will fail" kind of plan but more like teaching you how to make the best choices available. Every little decisions you make helps. I am so glad your fiance is eating healthy with you, that makes it even easier for both of you to succeed. Well, as any questions you want and we are here to help

Julia
Old 06-13-2005, 11:36 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Julia,

We were posting at the same time. Congrats on your DH selling his spec house. That is exciting. Your new family room sounds so pretty. That would be fun working with a decorator. I have no sense of that stuff. Relax while Jess is in VBS.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:39 AM   #15  

JACK : We must be posting around the same time. You did very well with your food choices over the weekend. WTG!

Julia
Closed Thread