Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 11-02-2004, 06:06 AM   #16  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

A good mornig quickie....I'm soooo tired ELI had to be up early today - didn't realize he meant 2:30AM early! His store is starting to offer lunch today - sandwiches and salads. They are doing the set up at his store and all the bosses are suppose to meet at his store at 4:30am. I was up too, unfortunately. Tried going back to sleep, drifted in and out. Keep waking up at 4:30am since the time change (okay, so it's only been 2 days, but damn!). Oh well, started the dryer, will get LAUREN up in a few. Day has begun - arghhhhh!!!!!

I'm sure if I had asked LAUREN to clean the tub, she would, she's been keeping the bathroom clean, for the most part. BUT, I wanted it done right, for once. See, I NEVER go in that bathroom! Maybe to stick some towels, but to clean, rare. When MICHAEL was home it was bad. But now, I want to do some deep cleaning - stuff she can't do - and I wouldn't want her to try - stuff I should of taken care of after the bathroom was redone, ohhh, about 8 or so years ago (maybe longer?) I already have two cuts on both my index fingers from razor cuts from trying to get old grout and caulking off.

I think I'm scaring ELI - he says I've gone from one extreme to the other in cleaning! It's far from being done - I have to much to do, but it's getting better, in some areas better than others. I think since I found the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers and the Microfiber cloths, it's made cleaning so much easier and I want to get it done now more than ever.

MOM and I may try to spend the day together since I don't have to p/u LAUREN. I've been home for the past 2 days, only leaving to get/take LAUREN to drop her somewhere, so I think a break may be possible today, then tomorrow thru Friday - CLEANING!!!!!!

Have a great day!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 06:49 AM   #17  

Good morning! Another night of so so sleep. I keep looking longingly at the bed. Its better, but I still can't feel comfortable enough to sleep.

I am not looking forward to voting today...the long lines and waiting may just do me in. The early voting was a joke here...it was worse lines than at the polling places, and the only location was very inconvenient for us. I really should have requested an absentee ballot, but will tough it out and hopefully go when its not too crowded.

Tonight is small group...Tom and I are making something in the crockpot for it. I can't do any lifting, but I can point and boss someone else around! Last night, we made dinner like that. He told he knew I always wanted a sous chef!

I will be back later!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 09:58 AM   #18  

Good morning everyone,
I'm putting off doing some paperwork by coming to the board and checking things out. It seems to be very quiet this week so far.
I went and did my voting before coming to work, not that it really makes much difference, but if you don't vote, then you can't complain later.
I also brought the last of the plants inside today, they came to work and I spread them around, I also cleaned all the dead leaves off and found sunny spots for them. Last spring I got hassled because i wasn't keeping up with the dead leaves. You'd think people would just mind their own business! It's mostly spider plants anyway. We also have a lunch party on Friday(that I found out about yesterday), and it seems like everyone has already signed up for everything! So I'll do something easy like a veggie platter and maybe something sweet for dessert.
DH and I have a baby shower to go to on Sat. I'm bringing the cake(courtesy of my sister), and I'll probably do a veggie platter for that too, and maybe some cold cuts, and bring along some iced tea to drink for myself(I can never guarantee that there will be sf anything at these parties). I also crocheted layettes and afghans for the impending twins.
After reading about how Deb loves her Magic Eraser, I'll have to buy one when I go to the store later! Sounds like just the thing for our shower.
Eating has been fairly good, I did indulge in a couple of pieces of Halloween candy because i didn't have dinner that night(DH had to go to a meeting and I had to take both DS's back to college).
Managed to walk 2 miles on the TM last night and do about 90 jack-knives on the ab-lounger(which I LOVE). And also watched tons of stuff that had been recorded off the tv, plus did a load of laundry. I felt very productive last night!
Hope that everyone is doing well this week. I guess I need to go tackle that paperwork...UGH!

Barbara
woodfrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 10:23 AM   #19  

Good morning....

What a cloudy day but don't think we will have any rain until tomorrow. Dd and I are in the room trying to wake dh up and kick him out of the house...to vote!! lol. He slept really late last night working on a new project but he could have slept earlier. He has to go to work too so he better have plenty of time to vote and then go to the office. He can't take off today since it is election day.

Dh is finally up...lol. Okay, better get in few replies now.

DEB : Sounds like you have been working hard. Since you have now cleaned the tub, the next time Lauren can maintain it. That will really help a lot.

HEART : Congratulations on the loan approval!! That must be so exciting. Take your time in finding the right house, it will appear, maybe not now but it will. As for your binging, perhaps you need to analyze why and when do you usually binge? Is there something that you ate that caused it? Something that happen (after losing some weight, or stress etc) that leads you to binge. See if you can find out the pattern of each time you binge. Write them down and when the next time it happens, write what you ate, when it happened etc etc. Whatever that helps find the cause. {{{hugs}}

MONET : Dinner menu sounds yummy! Sorry you didn't rest well last night, hope tonight will be better.

I think that's all the time I have now, better go to check on dd. Will be back later.

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 10:46 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning ladies,

It is miserable here. It is so hard and expected all day and again tomorrow.

I got out and voted this morning. Didn't take too long. I was surprised as a co-worker waited over an hour just to vote. Now just hope we have a winner tonight.

We did get our walk in last night. Only 2 miles. He gets dark by the time I get home and I hate to walk in the dark.

Deb, I bought some of those erasers, on your glowing review, and was not that impressed. I tried them on the soap scum on the shower doors. It helped, but did not work as well as a SOS pad. You sound like you have turned into the cleaning fanatic. Wish I could get that drive.

Heart, glad you got approved for the loan. House hunting is no fun. Hide all the chocolate and start anew.

Monet, those steri strips seem to hang on forever. I couldn't wait to get rid of them. I actually cur around my last incision until they fell off. I like that point and boss thing. Don't think it will work at my house though. In fact, I think that is DH's job.

Woodfrogs, wow you were very productive last night. Isn't that a good feeling.

Got to run, probably won't be back, have a presentation to put together today.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 11:19 AM   #21  

Well, I am here to say there is SOME advantage to being an invalid! I went to vote and the lines were atrocious! They were predicting a 45 minutes wait. Ruth and Erik had dropped James and I off..and Laura was going to drive over when she was ready. I asked the poll worker who was policing the lines if there was a place I could sit while James held my place in line. I explained I had major surgery two weeks ago. He took us right up to the front of the line, and we were done in less than ten minutes! James went out to wait for Ruth, and as I was sitting here, my neighbor came in to vote. We chatted some, and found out she was having a hysterectomy in two weeks! (its weird how our medical histories are so similar!) She gave us a ride home, and we saw Laura just arriving as we were leaving. She was bummed that she did not get to tag to the front of the line with me, but she can tell her sister and brother in law what happened to us! It sure was nice being able to vote and not having to wait.

Its unseasonably warm here, so I think I will take off the real clothes and put on my nice light and breezy nightie.

JACK: I was a bit afraid to get rid of the strips...and I still have not taken the ones off my belly button. I guess I will soon... I sure am enjoying being able to boss people around. It was fun today making James give me his arm to lean on. He is so nice about it. Tom and James are about the only ones who do what I ask...Laura is kind of in that 18 year old self absorbtion thing...

WOOD: It does seem like our one measly vote doesn't matter, but I do think it does. Turn out here has been amazing... I need to clean off old leaves on my houseplants! Poor things are in bad shape, and the cats are not helping! One of the big ones found my prayer plant just the right size to curl up in! I wanted to strangle him!

KENG: Good for you, rolling the hubby out of bed to vote! I am looking around my house and thinking I need to catch your filing bug!

Ok, off to get comfy!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 11:48 AM   #22  

I am back again...while waiting for the chicken breast to thaw and dd is watching her pbs cartoon right now. After the chicken breast is thaw, I will make the chicken thighs and breast (added breast last min as I didn't get enough thighs) in the crockpot. It i called Tarragon Chicken Thighs and I have made it once and loved it! This time I will add white wine as what the recipe requested. That is for lunch tomorrow so I still have to make lunch for today. My menu so far :

Breakfast : 1 piece of ww toast and 1 chicken patti.

Snack : Mixed fruits

Lunch : Seared or baked basa fish, brown rice pilaf and stir-fry nappa cabbage with bean thread noodles, carrots and onions.

Snack : Mixed fruits and nuts.

Dinner : Will be eating at my neighbor's house today.

My neighbor's have some steaks to get rid of so she invited us over for dinner today. She also asked me to help her make some roasted potatoes. She gave me some potatoes to cook for her...lol. Oh, I get a replacement new scale from the mail yesterday after I sent the old one back 2 weeks ago. I am glad they gave me a new scale that works fine so far. The old one worked too but just has other strange things happening as well. The scale said that I am down 2 lbs from 2 weeks ago. I am not shock as I can feel that I have lost weight. I let dd weighed on the scale and she was just the same weight as last time so I know the scale shouldn't be too far off. I will do some other tests just to make sure the scale is accurate.

DEB : Wow, that was early!! I would be functionless if I am up so early. Hope you manage to get some rest today.

WOOD : I have never cared about politics which include election but somehow this year, my heart has changed a little. I used to think..whatever or whoever but this year was different. I can't vote since I am not a citizen and don't think I will be one since I cannot have dual citizenship but I can make sure dh gets out there to cast his vote today. I know the polls came very close for both candidates so each vote helps!! In my heart, somehow it feels more like a "spiritual" vote than anything. Wow, you have been very productive, I am so proud and at the same time ashamed that I have done nothing much here...lol. Have a great day!

JACK-K : I cannot believe I am actually nervous for today's election, being that in the past I never cared about elections. Glad you had a pleasant and easy voting experience today. Dh is out voting now and hopefully would be easy too. WTG on your walk. I need to get mine too.

MONET : I am so glad they took care of you when you went to vote this morning. That should be the way Oh yes, it has been warm here too. I can't wait for the cool weather to drop in later this week. I really want to keep my house clean and tidy...not perfect but not like it used to be. I have been working on this problem for years and I have had enough! Something needs to be done especially since I am a housewife and I need to take care of my house better!! Oh, hubby is out voting at a nearby church, hope he doesn't have to wait long.

Alright...think the chicken should be thawed by now and need to prepare lunch. Have a good day everyone!!!

Julia
kengjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 01:20 PM   #23  
Goddess

It's a very long day for me...

I voted-didn't have any trouble at all. The polling place was brisk, but moving steadly and didn't have to wait in line.

I'll be headed to Montgomery for wait for the returns with my clients--always nerve wracking. All the nervous eating behaviors want to exhibit themselves today. . .

Susan
Fillise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 02:24 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, all. Just checking in. Doing pretty good with my eating today. KENJW- the pattern is CHOCOLATE,lol. I have absolutely no self-control once it's in the house. Seriously, I'm like a druggie needing a fix, then another and so on! Anyway, I was just saying hello. Need to check the classifieds online and then I'm going to make lunch. I'm really hungry! I plan on making my famous tuna salad with raw brocolli and cauliflower, cukes, red onions, peppers, cheese, 1 egg, you get the idea. All it's missing is the tomatoes due to the high prices now. Then I need to get a shower and wash my hair, it's drenched with sweat from doing the Burn it Up dvd. I still have to stop on the leg floor work briefly then start again. Really tough. Gotta run..
heartmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 05:50 PM   #25  

Good evening! We got our voting in today and of course the advantage of living in a small rural town is no waiting in line. When you go in they all know you and theres a little chit chatting going on. Someone had a tent set up outside with coffee and rolls going. I passed. Hopeing I do good tomorrow on the metal monster. Guess I'll be having roast beef on brown rice with a salad for dinner. Lunch was soup and a piece of ww peanut butter toast for breakfast. Had some cheese and peanuts today for a snack. Walked on the treadmill this morning. Other than that I've been really lazy. Tomorrow I get a permanet. Yippee wish me luck. Sorry I didn't reply to all....
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 09:22 PM   #26  

Waiting for ELI to come home, needed a break from my cleaning. What a comedy of errors I had today

I decided to paint the white grout in LAUREN'S bathroom, so I spent the better part of the day doing so. I waited the 5 hours it says before trying to take the excess paint off of the tiles, first I did it with a razor blade and/or rag. Finally, I took the mop and mopped the floor. To my horror the paint came up!!!! Hours of hard labor wasted. I had to get back on my hands and knees and redo the whole thing! THEN, I take the rugs off the counter to put in MICHAEL'S room - I get paint on them BOTH! Get some Resolve and get that taken care of. Go get the rugs for my bathroom (did some of the grout in there too today, not as bad as the kids bathroom) and I find pinkish red on one - I have a cut on my finger and bleed on the rug I just washed!

I just finished putting a 3rd coat on the floor - this should be it. Looks good - lots better than before! That bathroom should be done tomorrow, but I will be spending hours on the floor carefully removing the excess paint!!!!

I've spent 3 days in the house, didn't even go out - heck, just realized, I didn't go out to even get the mail!!!! I still have lots to do and hope I can get a good portion done before SARBINA comes. At least the family room, kitchen and bathroom. MICHAEL'S room won't be done, that's a given - but sleepable among the stuff.

JACKK, can't believe you didn't like the eraser! The scum on both my shower door AND LAUREN'S was awful! It came right off with that and then I went over it with the microfiber cloth. It's amazing what it did on the tub-totally shocked! I bought 11 boxes just the other day, to add to what I already have!!!

I'm ready to go to bed but pushing myself to stay up til he gets home. I don't know how he's doing it - he looked half dead last night.

GRANDFATHER is back in the hospital. Doesn't look good, Uncle says his kidneys are failing and that they doubt he'll ever go home. Will have to make a trip up there next week

Oh, KEN, you asked me how far I was from WPB- about 2 hours, depending on where in WPB you are asking about

Gonna go - will try to check in tomorrow, if even for a minute or two.

{{HUGS}}

Debbie
Old 11-02-2004, 09:39 PM   #27  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy

Just a quick hello to let you know I'm here. I've been a dissapointment to the SB way of eating but I'm trying my dangdest to get back with the program. I did meet my old friend Richard and worked out...love that goofy man.

Deb...I am so sorry about your Grandpa.

I have to scoot..errr...((Hugss))

Love,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 01:02 AM   #28  

Just another quickie from me too......Test results for Jo were not good today when we went to have her stitches removed. They did not get all of the cancer when they did the surgery. Now we have some serious decisions to make. She can have more surgery to see if they can get the rest of it, but that has a definite risk of nerve damage and something else that I can't remember, trying to go deep enough to get the rest of it. Or we can opt to just have the lymph nodes biopsied to see if it has moved into them. They also have some chemo options. Which is different from a humans chemo. It is not done as aggressive. They only try to keep it at bay instead of trying to get rid of it.

My mind is going so many different directions. After losing Bazal this is just tearing me up. I don't want to put her through a bunch more surgery if it isn't going to do any good. Or if it is going to leave her incapacitated in some way. She is almost 11 years old, and such a sweet timid little thing. But I also want to do everything I can to help her. Dh isn't much help, he just says it is up to me. He loves her too, but just isn't much on discussions, so.........

Eating has been great, but I am doing more PP for right now. I sure do stay fuller eating more protein. Of course the fat intake is higher too and that helps to keep you feeling fuller for longer too. I just want to get rid of the sweet cravings again. Halloween went A-OK, no candy what so ever!! Only had 2 kids trick or treat us.

Still have a ton of apples, so am going to do some more baking tomorrow. Everything I make from here on out is going into the freezer. I am not giving in!!

Hope you are all doing okay-- I do read the posts, just haven't been up to posting yet. Will see you all soon. Love to you all.
Teensybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 08:32 AM   #29  

Today's wake-up time, 3:30am! I layed there, trying to go back to sleep, but once the thoughts start flooding my brain, there's no turning back, or over

I'm on my way back in to LAUREN'S bathroom, to try and scrape the excess grout from the tiles with a razor blade Lord, I swear, not only can I screw up recipes, but cleaning the house too? What the heck AM I GOOD AT?????? Okay, now I'm back from doing LAUREN'S bathroom - computer locked from a PDF I was downloading, so I figured I'd go in there and finish the grout. Now, just have to go over the floor with a scurbbie to get off the light junk. I can't believe how much time it takes to clean! I'm hoping once it's done it's not going to be hard to keep it as such! I can't do this continually!!!!

Hope WIW is good for everyone - me, I just cleaned the scale, but didn't get on

Toodles

Deb
Old 11-03-2004, 09:10 AM   #30  

Default Good Morning All

Hey all, sorry I dont think I posted yesterday, I guess I got busy with elections and all. I had about an 1 hour and 15 min wait, but well worth it. Okay, I know everyone weighs in on Wednesday here, so here goes....2 lbs down. Yes, I am excited however, still seemed a bit confused. I am obsessed with the scale and no matter how much I say I need to wait, I never do. Two times this week I was 3 lbs down and on weigh in day I am down 2. Dont really understand. Perhaps water? I did have a sweet potatoe last night. Perhaps I should cut those? I guess I thought I would lose more considering all the food I have passed up lately. Shouldnt we get points for saying, no thanks????

Way to go on the cleaning Debelli, do you travel? I need a good cleaning in my bathroom. I swear I think about it daily but never do it. Well my son finally sleep through the whole night again. He did not wake up at all. In fact, we moved him to our bed around 5:00 cause there was a real bad storm and with all those trees (makes me nervous). So he ate around 5:30 and went back to sleep until like 6:45. That will do I suppose. Tonight we have Connection Group at my house. I am preparing tacos, so I can at least make me a salad.

Well I have no automobile today, so that spits. My DH truck is in the shope, he "claims" the brakes fell off. How exactly does that happen?

Anyways getting to work now. Will chat later. I am going to keep tabs on the elections today. I am really curious.
wanttheoldme is offline   Reply With Quote