* 0 0%
) 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2004, 12:52 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 4/12-4/18

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...310#post560310

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 12:58 AM   #2  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there's 2 of them to read today-both good

DETERMINED ACTION

Those who actually solve problems spend very little time complaining about them. Problems are turned into opportunities not by complaining or blaming or endless analysis, but by thoughtful and determined action.

When you're busy solving a problem you're working to transform it from a negative to a positive. When you merely complain, then you're investing yourself in perpetuating the negativity of that problem.

Complaining is easy, and it usually just worsens the situation. Taking positive action is indeed the more challenging course, for it involves effort and commitment.

Taking action requires you to make real-life decisions, to look at the tradeoffs and to weigh the value of different options. When you take action, you must be willing to put yourself on the line.

For the results are not going to be perfect, and there is always the possibility of failure. When that happens you learn from it and make another, more informed, more determined effort.

Commit to taking thoughtful, persistent action. And it will take you where you want to go.

-- Ralph Marston

GOLDEN DAY

There will come a day when you'll finally decide that you're ready to live up to your full potential. There will come a moment when you will no longer settle for less than you know you're capable of achieving.

There will come a time when you'll no longer be satisfied with making excuses and rationalizations. There will come a time when your desire to move forward will outweigh your fear of the unknown.

There will come a time when the search for empty pleasures will seem silly compared to the pursuit of real achievement. One day you'll realize that everything you do makes a difference, and you'll put that incredible power to valuable use.

There is really no reason to put that golden day off any longer. There is every reason to go ahead and make it happen for you. You were born to do great things, to create much value, to make a real difference. The longing and frustration you feel is a constant reminder, so listen to what it has to say.

Your life can be as full as you are ready to make it. Now is the day to make it great.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 07:43 AM   #3  

Default Good Monday morning

Good morning everyone,
If you celebrate Easter, I hope that it was a good one. We had an early dinner at my Dad's house. I have to admit that it was not a particularly OP weekend. But we did get a lot of yard work done on Sat, and I managed to get on the TM both Sat and Sun for 2 miles each evening. It's going to be a crazy busy week for work, but I'll get thru.
Menu for today,
b-bacon, egg and cheese on sgww toast
l and s - carb control yogurt, blueberries, sf applesauce, sf jello, orange
d - various leftovers from the past few days, probably pasta with sf sauce.
exercise - full gym workout after work
vitamins - already took them
water - starting with my decaf tea and going from there.

I hope that the board picks up a little bit this week. It's always great to see and hear what everyone os doing. I find it inspirational, motivational, and I need to be accountable to someone besides myself, it might as well be you guys!
Have a great day everyone!
Barbara
270/209.5/135
woodfrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 10:23 AM   #4  

Good Monday Morning everyone:

I am back from spending spring break at my parents house with my 2 boys while poor DH had to work I am happy to report I was OP all week, even yesterday - didn't even have 1 jellybean!! I am down 10 pounds total from starting SB on 3/15! Hope everyone else had a great week and a blessed Easter.

Lara

203.5/193.5/160
sxyredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 11:18 AM   #5  
Little Engine That Could

Hi Barbara, and good morning to everyone else.
Thanks, Barbara and BOB for the nice Easter wishes. I just love this time o year--not just for the beautiful budding trees and flowers in the garden now, but for the reminder at Easter of just how FREE I am. It is a glorious thing to know that I don't need anyone's approval to have worth, to have value. God reminds me at Easter and every Sunday (every day, actually) just how valuable I am, and he gives me intrinsic worth and a purpose for living. How great it is! as Jackie Gleason used to say.

So I'm starting off the week with a smile, needless to say. Although I also started it off with a colonoscopy! LOL! Maybe now that it is over I am smiling even more. LOL So, "Easter Dinner" was non-existant at our house, and my husband, and my DD and her BF who joined us for "dinner", chowed down on tuna salad sandwiches. My food for the day was 3 big bowls of lemon jello and iced tea and water. Do you realize that one box of jello, with sugar, is 320 calories. Four boxes can give you almost a total days calorie needs. Yikes! Anyway, I had 3 boxes and was sick of it by then. In all, yesterday I consumed 960 calories. It would have been interesting to weigh this morning when I got up at the crack of dawn to go to the surgi-center, but I was not feeling up to it.
The good news is that I am a healthy girl, and have no "spots" or even any diverticular disease, that the doctor told me several months ago that I had. So that was great! Even better, I am now eating. I was sooooo thirsty, and it is great to be able to eat food. I had a bowl of cereal with fruit, and a whole ugli fruit, and some water. Will probably just hang around today. Still feeling woozy. I hope to get in some good studying for French. Final exams are coming up in a couple of weeks. Mine will be half oral, and half an exam taking on the web. This university I go to does EVERYTHING on the web if it can. All my vocab tests this semester were via web.
Hope everyone has a great day and a good week for sane and controlled eating.

Here's another repeat of a MM:
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

Here's another MM. I am taking it off a poster that I have in my study. I occasionally do teaching on the topic of intentional living, writing a personal purpose/mission statement, and how to live out your purpose. The poster has a picture of a chicken standing in the middle of the road, and in large letters is the question: "What are the reasons for your actions?"
Think about it.

Love ya all
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 12:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday morning,

Hope everyone had a nice Easter or if you don't celebrate, a nice day. We had my family (22) at my house. Everyone brought something so it wasn't too bad. I was still pooped last night. Had a appt with plastic surgeon. All incisions are healed and don't have to go back for 2 months.

I really liked the first MM today. We really need to weigh out choices and our options before we make those decisions to be off plan.

Have called a friend to see if she will shave my head tonight. The hair is coming out by handfuls now. My head still hurts too. So it is time.

Woodfrogs, hope you are back on track today. Sounds like you did great on your exercise.

Sxyredhead, 10 lbs in a month is great. Congrats on being OP on break and yesterday. You are doing great.

Gator, so glad you got a good report today. Don't study too much as you probably won't remember much of what you read or did today. Life is great. We need to remind ourselvesof that. Loved the other MM too.

it's almost lunch time. Off to eat 1/2 ham sandwich and slaw.

Jackie
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 03:30 PM   #7  
Bustin' Buddy

Hello friends

Just reporting in to let you know I'm still alive and getting fertile as we speak! HA! I started my fertility injections Saturday. I go for an ultrasound tomorrow - I guess they will be able to see how many follicles are growing - who knows! I'll keep you posted on that!

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter. I'm off of school this week so I'll be checking in on everyone!

SEXY: Way to go on the 10 pounds!

GATOR: Glad everything was clean down there! I know that takes a load off of your mind! What a way to start your day!

JACK-K: Hey my friend! I'm glad things are healing well for you over there! I've been thinking of you often and keeping you in my prayers! Hope you didn't have too much to clean up today after all of the company!

WOOD: Whatever cheats you had this weekend - you worked off with the yard work! So, no need to worry! You look like you are right back on track!

Well, I'll check back tomorrow and let you know how the doctor visit goes! Until then...Bye!

Missy
fruitloupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 03:49 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good afternoon

I was not terrible good over the weekend with my eating but not terribly bad either. This month marks my 3 year anniversary with SB. I'm up about 4 pounds since joining this board but still down about 80 plus pounds...give or a take a pound or two with all the differnt scales.

Jack-K...((hugzz)) I'm sorry that your head is hurting. Praying that you hair will grow back quickly when you are past all this. And that you will be 100 percent healed.

Gator...amen...that a really good thing to remember for all of us.

Missy...thinking baby over here! Praying for you as you go through your fertility treatments.

Lara...WTG on dropping ten pounds.

Howdy Barbara...sounds like you are doing great! Exercise has been my weak link lately. I'm not eating the best in the world but a few more walks would balance things out. We've had some major rain over the weekend so hopefully tomorrow I can get back out there. Might try to work out later. My motivation is just lacking.

Deb...hope things are slowing down in your world. How are you doing? Are you making some time for Deb? Don't forget you.

Love and hugs to everybody!!!!

Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 03:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Fruit, hope those follicles are growing like weeds. Still praying for you too.Enjoy your week off.

Crystle, wow 3 years is a long time to commit to something. Good for you. Those 4 pounds will leave you as soon as it gets nicer outside.

I'm a tired puppy today. Going home to veg out since it is raining and cold here.

Have a great night.

Jackie
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 08:43 PM   #10  
Little Engine That Could

Well, today has been pretty bad, eating-wise. I did not even look at my meal plans, and have no idea about how much protein and fiber, or calories, sugar, etc. I consumed. I think I was so happy to eat something other than yellow jello that I didn't really care. I even had a bowl of vanilla ice cream tonight, with a little chocolate on top. Back to "the Plan" tomorrow. For everyone who, like me today, succumbs to straying, actually, when all is said and done, the food I ate today wasn't as satisfying as what I have been eating. I think that the idea of not actually preparing anything special, but just eating whatever could be quickly fixed and consumed was the drawing factor. I'm actually looking forward to getting back to my nutritious well-balanced sugar free way of eating.

Is everyone in a marshmallow, Easter candy induced fog? LOL, Of course not! But no one has been on the board today. I voted for ( this morning, but I changed it to ) this afternoon. Yes, I'm definitely voting for ).
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 08:55 PM   #11  

Red face New Girl

New Girl here! Ok. Good evening everyone! My name is Sarah and I live in MN and am new to SB! My husband and I have been doing SB since 4/7/04 (so about a week) and am loving it so far. I have always struggled w/weight, but it seems that now that I have a "sit down" job...I just can't seem to take it off like I used to, so I am excited to get on track. I may have some questions along the way, but have been skimming over the boards this past weekend and this seems like the place to ask them! I haven't ever really posted anything on a message board yet, so not quite sue what to say, but it will come....in time! Have a good evening everyone and look forward to "meeting" you all!~
MN Dog Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 10:10 PM   #12  

Hey everyone!!!! Sorry i havent posted the last couple of days. Easter was busy. I must confess, i didnt stay OP. I didnt to to bad but i didnt do good either. Today was totally OP and I will stay that way until my birthday.
It sounds like everyone is doing good, Fruit with her fertile self and Jack is in great spirits. I will get back to posting menus and such tomorrow. I have to keep up with Miss Georgia in the pagent. Oh and doglover, WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!
vmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 10:34 PM   #13  
Atkineer gone SugarBuster

Talking

Hey SB! Pals!

I'll be MIA for a week or so.. Till then..

BTW: I'm still on a losing streak!! This morning 198.5!!!!!
Mishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 01:36 AM   #14  

Hello everyone--

Didn't get my scheduled exercise in today because we spent all morning at the vets. But did lots of yard work when we got home!! The bad news is that they don't know what is going on with Bazal's leg, and the good news is that the X-rays showed that it didn't look like the cancer had spread to the leg!! (Bones!) All his blood tests are okay, so no failing organs. But he has lost 5 pounds already!! They did take him off his meds, due to the fact that starting last night, and 4 times this morning before we got to the vets, he was sick to his stomach. He hasn't had anything to eat all day, but doesn't seem to want anything. Tomorrow moring I will try a couple of Tablespoons of a special bland food the vet gave us. He is now getting Tylenol 3 with Codeine twice a day. Then after his stomach heals I think we will try him back on the anti- inflammatories. I am keeping my fingers crossed all the way!!

We got our fish from Bill today. Our freezer is packed. He is flying in tomorrow and will call as soon as he knows what time. I am so excited, he has been gone since Christmas. He will have a month off, then back to Alaska.

Eating has been good all weekend. I did eat a couple of apple oat bars on Friday, but they are legal......just should have only eaten one!! I am waiting until TOM is gone before stepping on the scales. Here is my food for the day.....

B--1/2 grapefruit, 3 oz ham, 1/2 c Fiber One with 2 oz FF Carb Countdown, and a Lite 85.

Snack--3.7 oz apple

Lunch-- 3.5 oz ham on Oroweat Lite WW bread with 2 tsp mustard, Lite 85.

Snack-- 1 medium orange

Dinner-- Meatloaf with 1/2 c spaghetti squash, and 1/2 c summer squash, 1/2 c SF pudding with 2 T FF Cool Whip.

Woods-- I am sure you worked off your few extra's. I fixed dinner for dh and I. We just had a ham, roasted asparagus and a salad. Needless to say with the boy's grown and on their own, I don't buy Easter candy!! And now we have tons of ham. Dh is going back up north to help his friend again tomorrow so he is getting a Ham Sandwich!!

Sxy-- Congrats on the 10 pounds.....awesome job!! Next week....12!!

Gator-- I completely agree. I love Spring. Everything is turning green and looks so nice. There are baby calves running and chasing each other in the fields. The robins are out in the front yard. I even saw a hummer buzzing around where I keep my feeders, so I better get some nectar made in the morning and get them hung up. Have to feed those babies!!

Jack-k-- I am sorry that your head hurts. I think you will look great no matter what. Wear the wigs or don't.....that is totally up to you. I just hope you start to feel better.

Fruit-- I was just talking about Spring and all the newness.....comes from all the plants getting fertilizers......so you might as well enjoy Spring too. I hope you get real fertile, lol!!

Country-- Wow, I too am coming up on 3 years! Mine started with Protein Power, but it is still 3 years since changing my woe. Happy Anniversary to you!! And 80+ pounds is fantastic!!

MN-- WELCOME to Sugar Buster's. Post lots so we can get to know you.

V-- If this is to be a way of life.....you have to live life every so often!! Just as long as you can get right back on plan.

Mishi-- Congrats of the loss......See you when you get back!!

Well, that's it folks!
Teensybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 09:22 AM   #15  

Default Good Tues morning

Good morning everyone,
I worked late yesterday, so didn't make it to the gym, but will go in a few minutes. I did manage to walk 2 mi on the treadmill while watching tv and getting some laundry done. DS wants to bowl today too. I won't be able to post for the next couple of days(two looooong days at work).
Eating was OK yesterday, didn't really have dinner, the kids ate leftovers, and I had cereal.
today's menu:
b - bacon, egg, cheese on sgww bread
not sure about the remainder of the day, probably some turkey leftovers from Sat or something else in the frig.
Thanks to everyone for the encouragement!
JackK - you may like yourself with the sahved head, you never know. Did you watch Sex and the City? One of the characters went thru cancer treatments(on the show, not in real life) and she looked great with a naked scalp.
Teensy - hoping that Bazal gets better soon. It's such a bummer when our furbabies are sick!
fruit - good luck getting fertile. I have a friend going thru her 2nd round of IVF and they are hopeful, but very anxious.
dog lover - welcome! I'm sure that you'll find lots of love and support on this board, I know that I have.
mishi - keep being a loser!
gatorgal - I definitely understand the allure of the quick fix. Sometimes it's just so much easier, especially with the kids still at home.
Sorry I can't get to everyone right now, but please, have a great day anyway!

Barbara
270/209.5/135
woodfrogs is offline   Reply With Quote