Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 09:11 PM   #1  

Default some questions about legal foods....

I was wondering if anyone knew if Grape Nuts were "legal" and if not, why not. They have no added sugar but for some reason I think they are not allowed. Also, is All Bran allowed? It does have added sugar.

I have just read the New Sugar Busters book and am looking for an eating plan, not so much to lose a lot of weight (about 5-7 pounds) but to eat healthier and to have more energy through out the day. Is this a good diet plan to follow?

Thanks in advance for your in put. I am sure as the days and weeks go by I will have many more questions!
Old 08-29-2003, 12:00 AM   #2  

Welcome Mom2--

I don't think Grape Nuts are legal. I remember reading the ingredients, but can't remember right off hand what they are. Could you post the ingredients? As for the sugar in the ALL BRAN, if it is added sugars, you can go by the 3 gram rule. If it has 3 grams or less PER SERVING, you can eat it.

Not too much help there, but I can tell you that this is a great way of eating if you are looking for a healthy way to eat. You will be amazed how great you start feeling once you get the sugars out of your body!! Fresh vegetables, and fruits start having an unbelievable natural sweetness to them.

Most of the members post in the weekly support thread. You may get a better response if you post this there.

Hope to see you posting frequently! There are some very supporting ladies here.
Closed Thread