Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Which hand do you write with?
My Left 6 19.35%
My Right 23 74.19%
Both, I'm Ambidextrous 2 6.45%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2002, 11:28 PM   #76  

Just a peek in. I had a funny story to tell, but now, after reading everyone's posts: I CAN"T REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS!!!!!

Got my first paper done, and now I'm collecting objects for an "all about me" bag.

WIW: Up 3 pounds, but i'm bouncing around because of mid-cycle woes.

Sabrina: Prayers for your son's quick recovery!

Gotta go get my beauty rest. Take care, friends.

Jeanie
Old 09-19-2002, 08:30 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Thursday (1 more day)

The cold bug has taken over my body. My head is stopped up, ears hurt, nose is running like a river, throat is sore, stomach is upset. I don't think I shut my eyes until around 4 this morning. Needless to say I didn't get my walk or workout in. Maybe later, maybe not. Popping vitamin C like crazy. Just want to lay my head down. It feels like it weighs 100 lbs.

Went to bunco last nite. I have such sweet friends. She had made some mexican roll-ups on ww tortillas so I would have something to eat. I always pass on the desserts and she had bought a SF apple pie and NSA ice cream for me. I'm sure the pie had cornstarch or something in it I shouldn't eat, but I was not going to hurt her feelings. So I had a piece of pie and did not eat the crust and a dab of ice cream (since I have indulged in too much NSA ice cream lateley with this sore throat) It was really good. I thought it was sweet of her to think about me.

Tranqui,l Hope Zach is recovering today. I imagine the surgery today is a lot less invasive then years ago. I'm glad Serene is there to help you through this.

Deb, I'm glad you are driving the wagon. Hope you got everything out of your system yesterday. I'm sure you will be fine and get back down to your cushion soon.

Deb, How in the world do you print the smilies?? I have tried print screen and everything. There is no print option on the screen.

Melf, 133 is a good place to be standing I think. Congrats. Don't work too hard.

Idblond, Congrats on 1.5 lbs. Setting small goals is a great idea.

Fillise, Have a great retreat. Those are always so refreshing. Enjoy.

Jred, Put your SB book in your "about me bag" or a baggie full of sugar. Sounds like a fun project.

Have a great day. It is going to be crazy here today, try to check back later.

Jackie
257/169/145
10-10-01
Old 09-19-2002, 08:33 AM   #78  
LKF

Ldblond, you are a treasure! What encouragement you offered Debbie...at a time when she needs it most. She'll get back on the Board soon and catch up with all that was said to encourage her and she'll be more fired up than she ever was!

I am finding that having all of you as my new friends is a huge encouragement to me every day and I just want to say THANK YOU to each of you again...I can feel all blue and down (my small pharmaceutical company in Birmingham, Alabama had to lay off nearly half of our staff, which is like one big family) and get on the Board with y'all and feel better right away. What an enormous thing that is! In the midst of anything going on, I can get on-line and spend some valuable time with you all! I don't have to wait for a specific time in the week when we gather -- you are all there any time. That's FABULOUS!

I'll be back on later...meanwhile, everyone have a good day and enjoy the progress we are all making together toward a new and beautiful US (outside, anyway -- you are all already beautiful inside!)
Old 09-19-2002, 09:18 AM   #79  

Just a quick note to say hello before leaving for the hospital. Zach's surgery was without any problems and he now has a color picture of his appendix to show off when he returns to school. Sabrina is doing well and is very relieved now that the surgery is over. Deb talked to her last night so maybe will give a more detailed report when she makes a post today. I won't get back to the computer until some time this evening.

I've printed all the posts from yesterday for Sabrina to read. I thought she would enjoy seeing the many prayers and good wishes that all our wonderful friends offered for Zach.

I wanted to say thank you for all the very sweet birthday wishes yesterday also. Everyone's thoughtfulness really helped to brighten my day.

I apologize for not being able to respond to everyone individually at this time. I will do so tonight or in the morning.

Take Care,
Wendy

Last edited by Serene; 09-19-2002 at 09:21 AM.
Old 09-19-2002, 09:28 AM   #80  

Jack-K: Thanks for the idea about the SB book!

I remembered the story: I finally made the crustless cheesecake and it is truely a wonderful thing!!! I brought a slice to school and let the ladies at my table have a taste. They couldn't believe it was any different from regular cheesecake, that it was sugar-free. One said she wanted the recipe and I told them they couldn't make it! Then I explained about the agave. I haven't been able to find it here since the shortage. I don't want to share my agave with anybody else.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:21 AM   #81  

SERENE-Thank you for keeping us posted, that is marvelous that Zach came through the surgery well. I am sure he will think that colour photo of his appendix is pretty cool! Sounds like something my son would love to have.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:30 AM   #82  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning!

I am so far behind this week. But I did read the post this morning. Jack-k..I hope you feel better soon. Wendy thanks for keeping us updated on Zach...praise God he is doing better now. Love and hugs to mom and son.

Deb...I can relate more than I would like to admit....my downfall was chip day...I wanted those lovely salty crunchy goodies and I dove in head first... I was thinking the whole time I was stuffing without breathing that they were a no-no....and you know what was so bad..I didn't care. Of course I did the second I came up for air. The weight is not up but the emotional let down of falling so far off plan is there. My first year was sooooooooo easy...the last 6 months have been such a struggle since my first major cheat...ugh..oh well, I'll join you on that wagon and get things back inline. I'm not a bad size now but I don't want to settle. That's what I was thinking at the sink last night...I had settled because everyone was telling me how nice I looked and I could still have little cheats. But I don't want that. Healthy and slim are my true hearts desires. Sorry I didn't mean to ramble on.

Jred...I'm glad I bought a bit of agave and have only used it twice. Now, I'm afraid to use it incase I never get anymore..lol

Well, the kids are starving so I'd better get. I'll hopefully check in later this afternoon so I can keep from getting 4 pages behind again.

Love,
Crystle

235/155/140
Old 09-19-2002, 10:38 AM   #83  
LKF

CountryMom4Him, you've lost 80 pounds since you started SB! How absolutely AWESOME! You spoke of the first year being so easy but that the last 6 months have been a struggle since your first major cheat. Was it because you got the taste of things you had so missed? Why do you link the last six months' difficulty with that first cheat?

I'm trying to anticipate what to expect. I know we are all different but since starting SB 8/1/02, I have felt so good. I don't want that to end and if staying really careful not to cheat is what should keep that from happening, that's what I want to do!

Thanks for the counsel in advance...pray for me!
Old 09-19-2002, 10:44 AM   #84  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Oh well, don't expect my mega post today, going to have to wait til tomorrow, sorry if I kept you all on pins and needles. ELI had gone to work this morning, THINKING he was supposed to open the store. I feel him climbing in to bed as I was waking up to get the kids up for school and thought he'd forgotten to wake up in the first place, like he'd gone to the bathroom and got back in bed, but he had gone to work only to find out, he's closing today! Soooo, he is off til later on today, which is really nice, but just screwed my day up! Oh well, I'll take the screw up

Anyhow, I won't be able to get in a post til tomorrow as tomorrow morning I have to accompany my sister to the baby's Dr. appt. to help with the next oldest, so sometime during the day, I'll get on the computer and as promised, I'll get that megapost on here, do or die!!

Haven't had time to read the posts, hope all is well with everyone!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 09-19-2002, 11:19 AM   #85  

Angry

Hi all!!

Serene- Thanks for keeping us updated about Zack I glad his surgery went fine. Please let Tranquil know I am still praying for them. You are such a wonderful friend.

I just wanted to check in and say hello. I hope to get back later today. If not everyone have a great day!!

Jack-k I hope you feel better soon.
Old 09-19-2002, 11:38 AM   #86  

Hi y'all. Glad to hear that Zach is on the mend. He's had lots of prayers.

Well, confession time girls. We had a big bash for our kids at church last night and what did they have but a big ole plate of chocolate chip cookies. I went totally nuts. I think I had like ten. By the time I got home I was soooo sick. Some of you may remember my experience with having a couple of siezures a while back. Well, I felt exactly like I did before I had them. I didn't do that this time, thank the Lord, but it was kind of scary. So, I am SBing with renewed committment today. This is the first time that sweets have made me feel bad. Starchy carbs really make me feel ill, but not my beloved chocolate. Of course the test today is that it's our principal's birthday and we have all kinds of goodies in the workroom. But my mouth is I do not want to feel like that again.

Y'all have a great day. I gotta go eat lunch with my kids.
Old 09-19-2002, 12:30 PM   #87  

Height: 5' 7"

Default LKF...

Good morning. I think one reason the last 6 months have been such a struggle is I tasted the goodies and didn't gain any weight. And I worked so hard the first year. I think I reached a place of burn out. Even though the numbers don't add up it's actually been 85 pounds..different scales..I'm on my 3 set..lol I did the first year alone..didn't join the support group until April of this year.

When I was larger I couldn't hardly tie my shoes or walk the half miles to my mail box. As the weight came off I also had to battle not slipping into starving myself which is a whole nother issue I deal with. Now I can do almost anything I feel like..except advanced tae bo..ugh..lol I'll stick with Richard. *smile* I think all those little things add up and make me complacient (sp) from time to time. I have weeks were I am so on plan it's the bomb..and then the next week if the scales don't move I get discouraged and think I might as well eat a few goodies since it's not making a difference...

I hope some of this makes sense. It's kinda wild to be looking at the emotions behind the actions.

You will do great and with the support of these ladies and gent..I think we will all pull through. And we do NOT have to go back where we came from...which is a constant thought of mine...I don't want to go through this again.

Love,
Crystle

235/155/140
Old 09-19-2002, 12:51 PM   #88  
LKF

Hi, Crystle, and thanks for all the good counsel on what you've been through and what I can possibly expect. I SO admire you for what you've done and where you are -- just look back at those numbers, Crystle, and see how they jump out at you: 235/155/140!!! I wanna be there!!! And like you, I never want to go this road again...I want to see SB as a WOL and commit to it! Folks like you are helping me do it! Thanks a MILLION!!!

I think I am a little different from a lot of y'all on the Board -- at least I think I am...see, I have always loved protein and every other eating plan I've been on, I have lost ton after ton of weight...but one thing about all of them was that I never felt like I was having enough protein and I always felt if I could have a little more, I'd be happy on the plan for the rest of my life! When I was in college (oh, that's been a long time ago now!), I was on the Atkins diet. I LOVED IT! I lost on it like crazy! Well, one day after school, my Mom took one look at my ashen face and said, Linda, you go straight to the kitchen and eat a tomatoe!" She said she watched color return to my face as I ate it...and she forbade me from continuing on the Atkins diet. BUT I LOVED IT and was losing well on it. Well, along comes SB and allows all the right kind of carbs (unlike Atkins, which IS unbalanced) plus plenty of protein!!! I think I'll be O.K. on it for a lifetime! The protein keeps me from craving sweets. I never knew sugar did to the system what it does! But I'm convinced now!

I ain't full of myself on this thing, now! I know to be warey of myself...I've got to watch myself constantly...but I'm getting pretty encouraged because I feel so good and am enjoying the "fellowship" with all of you.

More later...and thanks again!!!
Old 09-19-2002, 01:36 PM   #89  
LKF

Default Splenda

I am trying to eat less of foods that include a lot of chemicals while I am also eating more nutritiously on SB and just realized that my artificial sweetener, aspartame, or Equal, is nothing but another dern chemical! Haven't I seen y'all talk on this Board about using Splenda? Is it "legal" for SB? Healthy?
Old 09-19-2002, 02:54 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Just had to jump in here with my post,

Serene, thanks for the update on Zach. Glad he is doing better. BTW, you get a "do-over" on your birthday. So you can pick another day to celebrate!!

LKF, You are such a sweetie. We all gather strength from each other and help each other in time of "need", whatever it may be. Glad you have joined us. Yes, Splenda is legal as is stevia, agave

Country, I think there is a hidden message in yours and Deb's post. Once you have that first cheat, it's so hard not to do it again. That strick rigiment of OP loses some of its zest and the cheats come easier and easier. Never before would I consider cheating, now I'm at the point of one bite will satisfy me. It has so far, but when will that bite not be enough. The moral of your story is never have that first cheat. It's got to make this a lot easier and quicker getting to goal. Someone quoted a week or so ago, "unhappiness and failure is trading what we want the most (goal) for what we want at the moment (food). I think that is so true. I'm glad you are re-committed and jumping on that wagon. You have done great and I'm sure you look wonderful. But you are right, don't settle, obtain that goal. Since we are talking about the emtions behind the actions, let me ask you or any others out there, aren't you all embarrassed or guilty of cheating in front of people who know you are doing SB? I have been on sooo many diets before that have always ended after a month or week or shorter time. Since people know how well I have done on SB, I would never dream of eating anything illegal in front of them. I would think they are thinking there goes another diet. Knew this wouldn't last. I don't want people to say that. I have friends who start a new diet every month, and I always think, wonder how long this one will last. Therefore, there is no way I could go to a church outing, dinner with friends or relatives (which my family is the worst) and eat soemthing I wasn't supposed to. If I'm going to cheat, It's going to be in private (thus the closet eater). Just curious if others felt that way or if I was just weird. I do so want to succeed on the WOE and I NEVER want to do this again.

Deb, I like those kinds of "screw ups". Enjoy your day with Eli.

Mercy, Hope you have a great day.

Jackie
Closed Thread