Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 11:56 AM   #46  

Good morning everyone. I have a busy day planned but am having trouble getting started. I've got to get ready and go to town after I cook DH breakfast. But he's still asleep so I'm not in a hurry. I dread cleaning up my hair looks so terrible, tomorrow thankfully I get a cut and permanent. I can't wait.

Tech- How's it going with you?

Talitha- Oh my goodness I can't even imagine grocery shopping with 4 kids. You must have nerves of steel. Or rather just do what you have to do. I hope you're feeling better.

meowee- Hope the haircut turns out better.

Crystle- Although I have to plant in pots I just can't wait. I love when you plant and tell us all about it.

Well better get going here. Have a good day all....
Old 02-10-2009, 09:46 PM   #47  

Hello, Ladies! I have been going up to my daughters to help. I still am a bit congested, but not bad enough to keep me home. My daughter had some trouble getting going with breastfeeding, but it seems to be going better today. I drove them to the pediatrician's office for a billi recheck. It was still elevated, but not too badly. She had gained a few ounces. I put her in the sunlight this afternoon while my daughter napped. Hopefully her billi count will be better when they recheck her on Thursday.

My son in law's aunt and uncle have a four year old girl and they sent them eight large boxes of baby girl clothes. Tomorrow a friend of my daughter's is coming to help her sort through them all. That ought to be fun.

I am not thinking much about what I am eating....just trying to stick to healthy stuff. Once I am back home during the day I will plan more carefully.

Off to veg.... Love to you all!
Old 02-11-2009, 08:49 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies,

I never got here yesterday, it was busy, busy. I tried all day long. I didn't go to the gym at all yesterday. I woke up late and then last night just wasn't in the mood. I have a trainer tonight so that will get me back on track.

Toni, hope you enjoy your new haircut and perm. By the time I get one, I really need it and look forward to the change. I had to put my off a couple weeks as she cut it too short the last time b/c I had so much damage and it is just now the length I like. Have a great day.

Crystle, I am hoping for spring also, but at least you have warm weather now.

Talitha, Hope your infection heals soon. How miserable that must be. I would think you would need a cart for 4 kids and another just for groceries. Brave woman.

Ellen, glad you are enjoying your new grandbaby. Hope that billi improves. The sun should help.

Meowee, We are blowing away here today too. Expecting winds up to 70 mph and bad storms. They said to expect more power outages and damage from trees broken from the ice storm.

Tech, Hope you are busy cutting away and the money is rolling in. Have a great one!

Got to get busy, my desk is covered. Have a great day.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:57 PM   #49  

I'm on here late. Have been really busy today, we're having company this week end. I have allot of cooking to do but will have to wait till Friday to do most of it. I'm making it easy. Taco soup for Friday night and dreamfields pasta with pesto and a salad with bread sticks for Sat. night. Think I'll make egg salad for sandwiches and some pinwheels for snacks. I got my perm today and look so much better.

Ellen-You can only do so much when you're not at home with eating. So just enjoy that new grandbaby and don't worry about eating right now. I hope you're feeling better today.

Solly-Haven't got on my treadmill this week and feel so lazy. It seems its just crazy around here right now. LOL Hope you have a good work out tonight. I hate when I get a too short haircut. I waited way to long for a perm this time and look so much better now.

Guess I'll go check my burrito mix I have in the crockpot for dinner.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:35 AM   #50  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there . . .

Things are a little warmer around here today -- unfortunately it's raining and the schools are closed again since the temperature cannot decide on which side of the freezing mark it wants to land. In other words, it's pretty slippery out there.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:19 AM   #51  

Ok. The pity party is over because the scale moved up a few lbs. I'm NOT letting that happen! So this morning I had a smoothie and a boiled egg for breakfast.

My problem is that I'm SOOO hungry all of the time! Most likely because she is, too. LOL I need to get a better grip on meals and get some healthy food in this house. I sent Travis last night. Poor guy tried but came home with not much I could eat. I'm going to venture out today with the younger 3 while Selah is at school. Wish me luck!

I'm going to pull out the SB book and re-read it. My Naturopathic Dr also recommended reading "Eat Right for Your Blood Type" so I'm going to try to get that from the library. I read it years ago and it made a lot of sense, until it claimed that the first thing that a B+ shouldn't have is wheat! I refused to give it up then. Figures.

Ellen- My kids live in hand-downs. I only buy them each a few clearance outfits a year! It's great to have a source for that.

Toni- I think it's just survival, like you said. Other people have many more kids than me and they do it. That's what I keep telling myself. Enjoy your weekend with friends!!

Solly- I trained the older two to each walk on one side with their hand on the cart, OR ELSE! Lucas rides in the cart and Eden will now be in the sling. I remember the first time I went with all 3 after Lucas was born and I completely panicked because I didn't have a sling and had 3 under 3 1/2. I think I cried the whole way home that day but I've adapted since then. ANd now that S and J are 6 and 4 they are much more managable.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:53 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Trying to eat my lunch and get on here and its 3:00. We had a bid today and it was nuts. Made it to the gym this morning and feel so much better for it. I have to figure out a way to get in my cardio. I am working out 5 days a week for 30 minutes but all wts. Maybe I should alternate cardio days and wts. I need to ask my trainer.

Talitha, That's not much for breakfast. No wonder both of you are hungry. Protein, protein, that is so important at each meal.

Toni, hope you enjoy your company this weekend. Watch out for the wine. (Easier said than done). Your meals sound great that you have planned. Glad you like your hair.

Meowee, :ave: hope you are having a great day.

Crystle, Where are you? Missing your posts.

Got to run. I wolfed down my bean burrito and now back to work. Have a great evening.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:14 PM   #53  

Ok, snack was an apple and cheese stick at 10 and I am JUST now eating a salad with some cut up grilled chicken. It's not enough. I'm still starving. It's figuring out WHAT to eat that is so hard!
Old 02-12-2009, 07:18 PM   #54  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good afternoon

It was SO beautiful today. This whole week has been mostly warm. It was a great day for starting some seeds and planting some early tomatoes. I would have done more with the seeds but I was side tracked by the salsa. We ran out this morning and that is a no go, sooo, I made a new batch. I also got some awesome news. My daughter is having a baby. I just cried and cried. We are both so excited.

Talitha...hang in there. You'll find what works for you.

Toni... taco soup sounds good. I am running behind this evening and I'm not sure what I'm going to make. I was suppose to cook cabbage but I'm feeling lazy.

Solly...wtg with getting in your exercise. That is still one of my weak spots.

Ellen...hope you are feeling better.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle
Old 02-13-2009, 10:32 AM   #55  
Onward and Downward

Well . . . if I thought the weather was bad yesterday, it was absolutely delightful compared to what is going on out there this morning. Hey, probably suitable for Friday the 13th. Might just keep a lot of people home and safe rather than out and about and getting into trouble.

Have a good Friday everybody . . .
Old 02-13-2009, 12:31 PM   #56  

Default Howdy

Good morning everybody. Not much going on here. The rains came again and have pushed tilling back at least two or three days. I'm not gonna complain though because we can always use the rain. Eating has been so so. I'm eating too large of portions more than eating the wrong things. Though I have had moments of eating the wrong things. I really need to journal. I think when I get done here I'll put today's food in and start while I'm thinking of it instead of waiting.

I hope each of you is doing well. Remember to take time for you because you are worth it. And if you are feeling down about yourself find one or two good things about yourself as a reminder of just how special you are.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle
Old 02-14-2009, 08:01 AM   #57  
Onward and Downward

And a very Happy Valentines Day to one and all . . .
Old 02-14-2009, 10:05 AM   #58  

Happy love day everyone! I just made spelt waffles for breakfast and we are going to Chuch E Cheese with the kids. They've only been once ever. We won't be eating pizza, since we can't have the wheat anyway. I'll eat a salad before we go.

Anyway, I *heart* you all!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 12:20 PM   #59  

Default Howdy

I hope ya'll are doing well. All is good in my neck of the woods. A bit nippy this morning but still not too cold. Eating has been good and bad. So far today is good so we'll start from here.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle
Old 02-16-2009, 02:59 PM   #60  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

Sun finally peeked out for a little while. Nothing much else is new.
Closed Thread