Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 01:12 PM   #61  

Opps I got my days mixed up. Today is Sunday. Hope I get moving today and do somethings. Steve let me sleep in today and I'm not awake yet. Just having my coffee. Got up to late to put my cornbeef in the crockpot. I'll have to figure something else out for dinner.

Meowee- Well girl its just you and me. Hopefully things will settle down for the summer and the ladies will come back. Hope you have a good Sunday...
Old 08-25-2008, 09:25 AM   #62  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning -- TONI -- and hopefully some others.

Yesterday turned out to be a great day -- as the temperature rose the humidity dropped. Today -- it's raining. However, I must go do some errands and, since I'm not really made of sugar, I don't expect that I will melt.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:24 AM   #63  

Good Monday morning all. A new week. Hopefully I'll get on my treadmill and at least do a tiny bit. I've got a corned beef in the crockpot. DH loves it. Not the best food choice. Lots to do today so I'd better get busy.

Meowee-Have a good day. And get those errands run.

Be back later.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:37 AM   #64  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . . . . . boy it's quiet around here.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:05 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies,

Yesteday was just crazy here so I didn't have time to get on here much less eat or pee. The eating was a good thing. My Saturday was a total disaster as far as food. It was like I stuffed my face the whoel 24 hrs. I was miserable and of course the scale showed it. So, I have been doing some serious thinking (again) and now that both of my DD's are going to the gym I am going to get serious with this eating and not let them get ahead of me in losing wt. Well one of them at least. My youngest and I were sharing clothes for awhile,but she has done so great and has lost a ton (she won't weigh so we don't know how much), but she had gone down about 3 sizes. I did great with my exercise last week, almost every day. So I have to get my eating in line to go along with it.

We are all going to the gym on our own now, right after work. Hubby didn't want to wait for 2 hours on me, then he is out of the mood to go, and DD doesn't get off until 6 o'clock now. So I am going straight from work and that works well. It cuts about 1/2 an hours off of my time. I went last ngiht and had a good 60 minute work out and then walked for 30 minutes with the dog later. Just go to make food a low priority instead of a high one.

Toni, hop you are making it on the today. I love corn beef. Is it that bad?

Meowee, I wish you could run my errands for me. I have birthday presents to get for this weekend. Hope you don't melt in the rain.

Sure wish some oldies would come back, where is BOB, Country, Gymrat, Chris and others?

Well, I have another meeting this afternoon so I had better get busy. I need to track my food for the day yet. have a great one.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:48 AM   #66  

Morning..... Can't seem to get awake this morning. I need to go make oatmeal. Its what DH wants for breakfast. My corned beef last night was wonderful. And of course I loved the cabbage.

Meowee- Hope you have a good day.

Solly- I'm sure glad you're here. Sounds like you're really going to get back on eating right and your exercise plan is great... Good luck with it. I'm with you where is everybody!

Off to have my coffee and get going...
Old 08-27-2008, 12:48 PM   #67  

Morning. Hope everyone is okay.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:16 PM   #68  

Good afternoon. It is crazy busy here. had to go to a meeting I had not planned on attending. So now I'm way behind.

Eating good, and exercise is even better. Getting good works out at the gym. Only problem, my back is killing me.

Toni, I have trouble waking up every morning. The lyrica I take really zaps me and I have trouble getting up. I can't take it in the morning as it dries out my eyes and makes things blurry. I need to reduce the mg probably. I was like you sunday, I thought today was Saturday. Told DH to turn off my alarm thinking I could sleep in. I must have been sound a sleep.

Meowee, hope your day is going good.

Got to run have a great day.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:22 AM   #69  
Onward and Downward

Hi there, gang . . .

I seem to be having a bad couple of days -- lots of little aches and pains (which are definitely not being helped by the continuing cool and damp weather) coupled with a little tummy upset too. Oh well -- this will pass -- hopefully soon.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:38 AM   #70  

Good morning ladies,

Meowee, hope you feel better as the day goes on. Some days those aches and pains are worse than others.

Toni, hope you are having a great day.

Went to the gym last night but sure did not want to. I was exhausted. It took all I had to get through my workout. I don't think it was as good as it should have been, but at least I did it. Hope tonight is better. Eating is good. I did have 3 Bud Lite Limes last nite, but I was still in my calorie limit for the day.

Gots lots to do, so better run. Have a great one
Old 08-28-2008, 12:36 PM   #71  

Hi Ho everyone. LOL that means you two.... Coffee is yummy today and I'm in a great mood. Slept like a rock last night. Sad to say the tomato worms are getting my tomatoes. I'm fighting them like crazy but it doesn't seem to be doing any good. Eating hasn't been great. I'm having a hard time getting back on SB.

Solly- You're so inspiring. Keep up the good work on the exercise. I'll bet even through you didn't think you did good last night your body was feeling it. Haven't tried the Bud light lime yet but did have a couple of Chelato beers from Bud light and liked them.

Meowee- So sorry you've been under the weather. Hope today is a better day.

Need to make our breakfast/lunch and figure out what we're having for dinner. Have a great day...
Old 08-29-2008, 08:25 AM   #72  

Good morning

Have a great work out at the gym last night. I was sweating buckets. I was dragging all night afterwards. Eating on track, but here comes the weekend. You know what that means. Will try very hard to be healthy. We are tailgating at the big game this weekend (UL vs UK) We do not have tickets, but Dh wants to go tailgate and go home and watch. Which is fine. That is a game I would just rather be at home. UK normally loses, but UL doesn't have too much this year so we will see.

Monday we have a birthday for my great niece. Not sure what he is fixing for dinner. Will have to do the best I can.

Tonight starts our weekly happy hour at Buckheads. I am planning on limiting myself to 2 glasses of wine.

Toni, glad you had such a great day yesterday. A good night sleeps really starts the day off right. I have not been totaly doing SB, but tracking my calories and watching the sugar as much as I can and eating whole grains as much as possible. Maybe you should fine something else for awhile that might work for you.

Meowee, hope you are having a great day.

Well got to run, lots to do. Everyone have a great long weekend. I will try to check in on my Blackberry. Not sure how hard it is to do there.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:45 PM   #73  
Onward and Downward

Hope everybody is having a great day and has great Labour Day weekend plans -- ours is supposed to be very dull and rainy and I still don't feel all that great anyway.

See you soon.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:47 PM   #74  

Hello ladies.... I'm late getting on today. Haven't really been busy more like lazy. LOL... Guess we'll just stay home this week end and maybe grill or something like that. Its nice DH has and extra day off.

Solly- You're doing great, keep it up girlfriend. I think you're right I need some change in my eating. I need to find something to help me. Maybe counting calories might be good for me. Wish we could set down and have a good talk.... I'll hope you have a good week end.

Meowee- Darn you've been under the weather for awhile now. I sure hope you get to feeling good soon and you have some bright and sunny days. Hows those kitties?

Well guess I'll run and search out the site a little and try to get some inspiration.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:51 AM   #75  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

Slept in this morning and I finally seem to have the stomach bug under control; but the aches and pains are a different matter entirely. As a matter of fact, today I seem to have managed to pinch a little nerve in the good old sacro-area. Not bad sitting, but if I try to walk -- OMG. Did want to do a little shopping but guess that will be going by the wayside for the time being. Oh yeah . . . it's still mostly raining. If that would ever stop I'd probably ache less.

Hope the long weekend is starting better for the rest of you . . . keep things moving and shaking just as much as you can, gang.
Closed Thread