Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 12:44 PM   #31  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 368/260/220

Height: 6'

Hello Everybody,

Last night had to eat out...went to Luby's cafeteria...I chose baked talapia, spinach and a small salad. spinach was extremely salty. I know places do that for taste. But I feel the effect of a high sodium meal for a couple of days....it will show up on the scale tomorrow I am sure...weigh in day at home.

Thought I'd chime in on the size business. At my heaviest I was in very stretchy size 28w <sigh>. At my lowest I got down to a 16w (very briefly). I wear mostly 18 or 20s now and given that I use to always stay above 24w since the age of 12 (no lie) I am happy with the size I am being 6' tall it is evenly distributed. My wildest dream come true would be a 14 really. Now the most disgusting body part is my upper bat wing arms...those wont go away even with lots and lots of tricep curls. When I get down into the 16s it is very frustrating because tops will not fit me well...arms look like sausage wraps. YUCK.

Today is primary day in Texas....oh joy...My daughter has recruited me to attend the democratic caucus. In case you dont know us Texans get to vote twice...strange process... tonight will be an interesting night.

Rosemary
Old 03-04-2008, 01:06 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 214/198/150

Height: 5'6"

my exercise plans got mucked up yesterday when i got home and found part of my basement flooded. the worst part of it is, my husband and i can't figure out where it came from! thank goodness for shop vacs. i hope there are no floods when i get home today. i'll post yesterday's food:

B: muffin in a minute
s: SF pudding
L: homemade lentil soup
low carb tortilla with 1 wedge laughing cow light cheese
s: grapes
D: sweet potato with lite butter and steak seasoning
Morningstar veggie patty with 1 slice soy cheese and low carb ketchup
s: 2 oz chicken salad
hot cocoa
Old 03-05-2008, 08:06 AM   #33  
About 4 months over!

S/C/G: 192/173/140

Height: 5'2"

it's hump day..Horray!!

3 days of good eating. I took the kids out to dinner last night at an Italian restaurant. I got grilled chix salad. It came with fruit and yogurt. I only ate the cantaloupe and honey dew melon. Passed on the pineapple and yogurt. Well I was still hungry, I didn't have bread--I ordered a side of griled veg..It wasn't much to speak of. They had sugar free pie on the desert menu. I got that. It was a "normal" serving. HA I left the restaurant still hungry. That was almost funny. Regardless I didn't snag any of the bread or the kids pizza.

Talking about sizes is always interesting. Im 5'2" and about 178 right now. Some people can be the same height. and weigh more yet are in a smaller size than me. I carry majority of my weight in my hips, thighs and bum. (pear shape) I was a tight 16, but 18's were to big when I ended this summer. (07) I told myself I was ok because the 16's didn't fit yet so I hadn't "gained' much. I bought a few new items at size 14 this summer. Funny the new 14's fit yet my old 16's did not. Manufactures have started changing sizes to make people appear to be a smaller size than they truly are. I dug out my old 12's and 14's from my skinny days 5 years. Those were my goal pants. All the 14's fit fine, and although I can wear the 12's with out a problem I d like them to fit a little better. My goal was a 10 by the summer but at the rate im going who knows. I really just want last years stuff to not fit. Id be happy with that.

Chr-Sorry to hear that your basement flooded. DID anything get ruined? How did it go last night?

Rosi-Oh man I know what you mean about added salt. Can you say puffy and swollen. How are you feeling? Drink lots of extra water and green tea to help flush it out. How'd the primary's go?

Mercee-Yay I am glad your 2 days down. great op day!! Have another today!

Toni-Yuck sleet. We have rain and that's miserable enough. Hope you got everything finished.

Solly-Walking in warm rain is refreshing. Awesome not letting the rain stop you from a few more calories burned.

Michele-I can't wait for spring..Its been too long. Even having the clocks turned ahead will help. daylight does wonders for my mood. Thanks for the Reminder!!

Kelly, Sparkle, heart, Monet, and anyone else--Have a great OP day!!!
~M
Old 03-05-2008, 10:13 AM   #34  
Dtrmndtosucceed43

S/C/G: 249/249/135

Height: 5'2''

Wonderful Wednesday to EVERYONE!

I have been staying OP this week. I have had some stress and struggles due to my tennis elbow and I got a big ole cortisone shot on Monday. Currently it hurts more than before, but I am assured that will subside! I must say that eating OP makes me feel healthier. Hubby calls some of our meals "gourmet" which makes me smile. Dinner last night was cornish hens stuffed with brown rice/bell peppers, onions, minced garlic; pintos and steamed cabbage. it was yummy!

Gym- i agree with you, I think the sizes change from year to year. My young adult daughter wears all different sizes depending on what the item is and where it is purchased. Maybe the clothing manufactures are trying to psych us out to think we are smaller than we are..........or larger depending on what we're buying! Too bad that doesn't hold true for shoes.......you know those tiny shoes......3's 4's etc are ALWAYS on sale at great bargains!

Have a great day everybody! Chrl, I hope the basement is better. Floods are NO fun!

Michele rushing off to take Thomas to speech.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:46 AM   #35  

GymRat: nothing got ruined, thankfully, and there were no more floods yesterday so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I'm just glad it happened in one of the non-carpeted rooms in our basement. There's not much down there other than our mountain bikes and our litter box.

I bought a heart rate monitor, so I'll be interested to try it out during my workout later to see how I'm doing. If it seems pretty accurate, I'm thinking about trying out some HIIT (high intensity interval training), which is supposed to burn a lot of fat.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:04 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hola! Another boring day at work. Yesterday wasn't though. I was exhausted when I got home. Anyway, I'll post yesterday's menu:

Pre-bf(after workout): green tipped banana
BF: 3 scrambled eggs
Lunch: Big salad with tuna, a little cheese, Ranch dressing
Snack: a SBD mix you add to water..30 calories..called Tide Me Over..FYI- this did not work!
Supper: 1 1/2 bowls chili with beans and sour cream

I'll go to the gym this evening and do cardio. I did hand weights this morning and some abs.

GYM: I know how you feel about the size thing. I'm a pear shape as well. I wear 10's although other people usually my height(5'8") and weight are around a size 8. I wear a medium in my tops, except t-shirts..I buy a large.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:09 PM   #37  
About 4 months over!

Chr-I LOVE LOVE LOVE my HRM. I am so lost when I work out without one. I have the New Polar HRM. It has the diary feature which keeps track of the calories how long im in my THRZ. What brand did you get? You will find it helps you kick it upor take it down if needed. Mine does calorie counter also.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:34 PM   #38  

I haven't played around with my HRM enough yet to know all the bells and whistles. It's a Polar, but i forget which model.

edit: it's an A3.

Last edited by chrgrl; 03-05-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:49 PM   #39  

Just flying by and checking on everyone!

CHRIS: When you get a massage, it is almost like using those muscles. My massage therapist tells me to drink LOTS and LOTS of water to move the 'stuff' out of the muscles. It is the 'stuff' that makes them sore. So, drink up!

Off again! Take care everyone!

oh, Kelly!
Old 03-05-2008, 02:10 PM   #40  

Hey everybody - good afternoon! Daughter wanted Arby's today for lunch and I love it when I eat what I want to. Othewise there's really nothing there as far as OP. But I had the roast turkey, bacon, swiss ranch sandwich and thankfully could not eat it all. But oh how I hated eating that white bread!

On a positive note, the weather is warmer here and hubby said if he got off early enough today he would put on my "big girl friendly" bicycle seat. I hope so that way I can ride a little while when I get home.

Talk to y'all a little later!
Old 03-05-2008, 02:19 PM   #41  

Just wanted to stop by and say hi. I hope everyone has a great op Day. Tlak to you ladies later.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:18 PM   #42  

Hello everyone; Doing the laundry right now. Isn't it a never ending job. LOL. Our big snow is melting today but we're supposed to get more tonight. Eating has been good. For dinner last night I had grilled chicken breast, coleslaw and brussell sprouts. It was so good and filling. I'm thawing out some lean pork for dinner tonight. Breakfast was 2 eggs, 2 sausages, a piece of whole wheat toast and a OJ. I'm to behind to post personal replies will do better from now on. Have a good day....
Old 03-05-2008, 08:16 PM   #43  
About 4 months over!

Chr-I tried to look it up at the website so maybe I could help you, But I can't find the modle you own. I have the f6, which was the recomended group fitness model. When you do figure it out keep me informed as to how you like it!! I always curious about that kind of stuff. Thanks! Ps How was the basement tonight?
Old 03-05-2008, 09:14 PM   #44  

Kelly, what part of MI are you in? I live close to Battle Creek.

B: muffin in a minute
s: apple
L: whole wheat english muffin with homemade chicken salad (2 oz chicken, 1 T canola mayo, grapes) and 1 slice soy cheese
1/2 cup cottage cheese
s: grapes
D: strawberry smoothie
Morningstar spicy black bean burger with soy cheese and low carb ketchup
butternut squash roasted in canola oil
s: SF pudding
Old 03-05-2008, 09:25 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 185.0/185/140lbs

Height: 5;4

Chrgrl
I'm in Keego Harbor. Near Waterford/w. Bloomfield.

Kelly
Closed Thread