Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 07-26-2007, 08:29 AM   #1  
Today I am proud of...me!

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Default I need breakfast help!

Okay, as far as my daily food I have no problems, but when it comes to breakfast I have a really tough time finding food that I like.

I only rarely like eggs, I do not like yogurt, or oatmeal, and fruit alone does not fill me up enough.

Does anyone have any good tips or ideas to help me with my breakfast dilemma? The faster the better, as I am usually in a hurry in the mornings!
DisneyDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:44 AM   #2  

I often make myself a protein shake. I use a tupperware shaker, and Designer Whey protein in a cup of milk. The Whey protein comes in a couple of flavors, and is pretty good. I will have a piece of fruit as well, and it usually sticks with me pretty well. It is fast, and easy. It is always good to start out with protein for breakfast. It sticks with you, and gives your metabolism a good boost.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:46 AM   #3  
that girl

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3

Talking Breakfast Blues

I love the new Special K double chocolate protien bars (not too great if you are watching carbs) they are great bc I can eat them in the car on the way to work and they really do keep me full until lunch! Hope this helps
Lisa0513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:58 AM   #4  

Check the label to make sure those protein bars are ok for Sugarbusters. They can't have more than 3 grams of sugar per serving, and can't have enriched flour, or any corn in them.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:06 AM   #5  
Today I am proud of...me!

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monet View Post
I often make myself a protein shake. I use a tupperware shaker, and Designer Whey protein in a cup of milk. The Whey protein comes in a couple of flavors, and is pretty good. I will have a piece of fruit as well, and it usually sticks with me pretty well. It is fast, and easy. It is always good to start out with protein for breakfast. It sticks with you, and gives your metabolism a good boost.
Does the powder make the shake gritty?

Do you use the weight control line?

Also, where do you buy it at? Can you get it at the grocery store or only online?

Last edited by DisneyDieter; 07-26-2007 at 09:27 AM.
DisneyDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:08 AM   #6  

I responded over on the monthly thread, but I will here as well. No, it is not gritty. There is not a 'weight control line' that I know of...it is sweetened with splenda, and comes in a number of flavors. They may have a body builder formula with extra peptides or something, but you want the plain Designer Whey. At Vitacost it is about $15 for a container. I used to buy it at GNC, and have seen it at Vitamin World and other health food stores. It is just much cheaper online. My husband uses it for breakfast every morning, so we use a lot, and I find it more convenient to order it. Vitacost only charges $5 shipping, and Vitaglo has free shipping on orders over I think $50....

Old 07-26-2007, 12:43 PM   #7  
Rose

S/C/G: 368/254/220

Height: 6'

Not sure if these stores are everywhere ...here in Texas we have a cost plus nutrition store that stocks a lot of different protein powders and bars. Also World Market Stores carries a line of Torani sugar free syrups that are great additives to make these protein shakes taste even better.
SARose1961 is offline   Reply With Quote