Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Old 03-31-2006, 04:39 PM   #1  
I restore Teeth.

Default feed the remainders to your friend!!

Yesterday night my friends and I went out to eat at UNO's (chicago grill and pizza). I really only wanted ONE or two bites of steak. I was about to get just a veggie wrap (thank god i didn't, because apparently I found out later it was 700+ calories and 50% of it was from fat!!) but my friends encouraged me to get the steak. I had exactly 2 bites of it and then gave the rest to my friend!!!!!! Then I finished off a breadstick and the steamed veggies. They also ordered a platter of friend stuff.. I had 1 buffalo wing and 1 small mozzerlla stick- not that i wanted it but they made me have some since they wanted to divide the cost of the platter.

I wasn't amazed with the steak or the fried stuff (in fact, it was NOT satisfying) but I loved the veggies as always. BUT I'M SOO proud of myself for not eating the rest of the steak. I just said to her "you wanna try it?" and I dumped the whole piece on her plate. (She didn't refuse )
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 04:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

Congratulations, you've shown some impressive restraint. Often, when I go out to eat I'm with my boyfriend who is also dieting. We both try to pawn stuff from our plates onto one another, and it doesn't work so well...it's a lot of "Here, you eat this" "No, you eat it and take this off my plate too" "No, you should eat this" well you get the picture. I think I need some friends like yours.
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 05:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198 (HW) 183 (SW) / 180 / 150

My b/f is also trying to eat healthy and so we decided to only go out once a week, and when we do to share one big plate instead of ordering two plates. It helps that we both like the same type of foods
Sassy8877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:16 PM   #4  
I restore Teeth.

wow you guys are so lucky. i felt so pressured to eat bad foods because my friends only like fried and fatty things... if everyone ordered salads, i wouldnt have a problem!
Old 03-31-2006, 06:31 PM   #5  

Great job Veggielover!!!
2CMEAGAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:34 PM   #6  
I restore Teeth.

thanks angie!!! I try whatever i could... its not close to losing 100lbs but i try!
Old 03-31-2006, 11:28 PM   #7  
A Slightly Cracked Egg

S/C/G: 211.4/211.4/130

Height: 5'4"

Uno's...I remember going there when I lived in Chicago, and it was all about the pizza for me! Yummmmm....

It's probably a good thing I'm not in Chicago anymore, the food there is just too darn good but not so good for you! LOL
FL_Chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 08:39 AM   #8  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Bad news, FL chickie, they have 'em here too! Heheehee... at least there aren't many of them. I only know of one in the Orlando area, and we have multiples of every chain in every 'burb...

-Lala
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote