Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Old 03-08-2006, 02:50 PM   #1  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

Talking I can't believe it! and an NSV to boot!

I've lost 21 pounds?!?!? I'm only 12 pounds away from onederland? I haven't been in onederland since high school! I can't believe it is actually working. 21 pounds? this has to be some kind of cruel joke...

measurements have gone down, too, though. 2.5 inches from my chest, 5.75 inches from my waist, and 2.75 inches from my hips! I can't believe it, even as I look at the numbers.

AND, i avoided the temptation to reward myself with food! (I know this seems like a no-brainer, but historically, I have a problem with this... "oh, I've lost 5 pounds, I can afford this tiny sliver of carrot cake", etc.)

The problem that I'm having is that, while I am happy about the loss, I don't really FEEL happy, and I don't really FEEL any thinner... when does the mental change start to happen?
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:04 PM   #2  
..5, 6, 7, 8!

Height: 5'9

Congratulations Aerotigergirl!!! Wow, such a great inspiration.. You should feel happy, you've done it and I'm sure you'll be in Onederland in NO time!! Aside from noticing the change in numbers (which are substantial).. aren't you noticing them in your clothes as well?
Shalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:08 PM   #3  
Strong on the inside

Yes, definitely. I can wear things from my closet that I haven't been able to wear in a long long time. And when I went shopping with a friend on Monday, I could wear one size down in jeans!

But I just FEEL as fat as I always did, you know? It's really strange...
Old 03-08-2006, 03:34 PM   #4  
Aleecia

This is so awesome. You should be incredibly proud of yourself. You seem to be doing so well.
I know you don't seem to feel very happy, maybe it would make you happy to know its people like you that help to motivate me. So thank you for that.
Congradulations on the weight loss and keep up the good work.
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:45 PM   #5  
Strong on the inside

thanks, angel and shalynn. It actually does make me feel better to think that my success is helping you to keep up the good work. Maybe part of the reason that I don't yet feel very thin is (other than the fact that I'm physically far from thin ) that I spent a long time being around the weight that I am now, and only recently ballooned up to my high weight. For years, I weighed 211. Maybe when I weigh 202, I'll start to feel a mental difference?

thanks for the support, though. I really appreciate it.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:46 PM   #6  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default oh the mind is a tricky thing!

Hey aerotigergirl, I hear ya loud and clear. Congratulations on those 21 lbs, that is WONDERFUL I am in the same boat as far as the mental game. How many pounds lost will be enough to make me feel happy? Do you feel healthier? You know your clothes are looser or maybe even too big. I have days where I just "feel" fat--like today. That usually happens when I've made some bad food choices the day before (like yesterday ). But I try to clear my head and tell myself that I am doing great, that the effort is totally worth it and somehow, that happy state of mind eventually comes. The important thing is to celebrate every little success--like the smaller jean size, maybe your ability to exercise harder or longer without getting as winded...love yourself through thick and thin is something I like to tell everyone. Celebrate yourself now, as you are, and every day after that. Pretend you are happy, then pretty soon you really will be.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:00 PM   #7  
Strong on the inside

you're right. I do feel healthier, and I can exercise longer without getting winded. Going to the gym has become routine. Not going isn't even something that crosses my mind! I'm making better choices, and that, in itself, warrants a celebration.

Yesterday I read a post by someone on the support board, I think, and they gave a nice perspective on weight loss... When you're sort of at the beginning of a long journey, and you are overwhelmed with the magnitude of the amount of weight you want to lose, it's nice to remind yourself that today is the last day that you'll ever be as heavy as you are right now. That makes it seem easier for me. Yes, I'm heavy now, and yes I have many parts of my body that i'm not a fan of, but tomorrow I'll like myself a bit better, then the next day will be even better than that, etc...

Thanks for the help and the pick-me-ups, you guys!
Old 03-08-2006, 04:08 PM   #8  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Hi. Glad that you seem to be cheering up as the posts come in. I don't have any great words of advice, but know how you feel. Just wanted to let you know someone else is out there cheering for ya.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:10 PM   #9