South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 09:25 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

Today was my second day on phase one and i must admit that i'm feeling GREAT! I've worked out both days and my eating has been awesome despite having maybe too much cheese (how much are you guys eating? i'm a vegan turned veggie so i'm loving cheese right now!)

i cant believe i made it through halloween without even having a nibble! Huge victory for me Another great thing is its 9:30 pm and i'm excited for my 5:40 pm exercise tomorrow~!!
Old 11-01-2006, 09:01 AM   #17  
Lifetime Loser

My stomach had a really hard time with all the veggies....even cooked. I have IBS. Is it posted somewhere what phase 1.5 is? Or will it hurt the weight loss if I cut down on the veggies and take a vitiman pill?

I really liked the foods and would like to try to find someway to stay on this.

Phyllis
Old 11-01-2006, 09:29 AM   #18  

Phyllis you have to do what is best for you! If eating all the veggies causes you discomfort,then I would cut down on those that you know aggravate your condition. Take a vitamin, and If you can handle a fiber pill I would take that too.

Phase 1.5 is something I think we fat chicks made up. What it means is eating mostly on Phase 1 with maybe up to 2 phase 2 items per day.. For example, having all phase one except having one fruit ...or oatmeal as breakfast with fruit... or all phase 1 and 1/2 a cup of WW pasta for dinner...
Some folks find that certain phase 2 foods are a trigger.. and then they crave bready or sweet carbs through the day... so when listening to your body it's easier to "listen" to the effects of 1 carb than loading up on phase 2 carbs making it difficult to isolate how you react to certain foods...
So Phase 1.5 is really customizing SBD to our own uniqueness.
Hope this helps

Allycat and on resisting the candy!
Old 11-01-2006, 11:10 AM   #19  
Lifetime Loser

Thanks Schatzi I will try cutting out the veggies that offend first and maybe adding 1 fruit/day and see how that goes.

Phyllis
Old 11-01-2006, 11:21 AM   #20  

Another thought.. can you handle V8? That might be a good way to get in a vegetable serving..
Old 11-01-2006, 12:06 PM   #21  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Mmmmm! V8! I mix a little bit of the spicy kind with a lot of the low sodium kind, stick a piece of celery in it, and pretend I'm having a yummy Bloody Mary.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:59 PM   #22  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

On The Menu Today:

Breakfast (8:00 am): 6 slices of deli sliced turkey (low fat); 1 slice of fat free cheese; Tazo Chai Tea with 1/2 tsp of Splenda

Snack (10:30 am): 3 slices of deli sliced turkey (low fat); 1 cup of raw snow peas; Tazo Chai Tea with 1/2 tsp of Splenda

Lunch (12:00 pm): 1 South Beach Diet Lunch - Turkey and Bacon Club Wraps without the Jello

Snack (3:30 pm): 15 almonds

Dinner (7:30 pm): 1 slice of lean meatloaf with no breadcrumbs & low sodium tomato sauce; 1 cup of green beans

Dessert (9:30 pm):
1/3 cup of Dannon Nonfat Vanilla Yogurt
Old 11-02-2006, 10:38 AM   #23  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

On The Menu Today:

Breakfast (8:00 am): 6 slices of deli sliced turkey (low fat); 1 slice of fat free cheese; Tazo Chai Tea with 1/2 tsp of Splenda; One a Day Women's Multivitamin

Snack (10:30 am): 3 slices of deli sliced turkey (low fat); 1 slice of fat free cheese; Tazo Chai Tea with 1/2 tsp of Splenda

Lunch (12:00 pm): 1 South Beach Diet Lunch - Grilled Chicken Caeser Wraps without the Jello

Snack (3:30 pm): 15 almonds

Dinner (7:30 pm): 1 Chicken Parmesan without breadcrumbs and low sodium tomato sauce; 1 cup of green beans

Dessert (9:30 pm):
1/3 cup of Dannon Nonfat Vanilla Yogurt
Old 11-03-2006, 09:31 AM   #24  
Lifetime Loser

Just checking in, I added 1 fruit at breakfast and left out a veggie there and that has seemed to help my stomach quite a bit.

Have lost 1.5 lbs. since Monday......I'm happy!

Phyllis
Closed Thread