South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 08:49 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Chicklets!

Well, I ended up with the "CRUD" after all. It hit me Friday night, whammo! Yesterday Jake got it, too, and the whole day was a complete washout for both of us. I called the kids and told them to stay away the whole weekend so they wouldn't get it. We're both feeling a bit better today, and I managed to eat a little toast, the first food I've had in me since Friday night. I just went through the house disinfecting everything and threw out our toothbrushes even. We're going to venture out to the store in a bit to buy new ones, and get something bland to eat for supper, since I'm not in the mood to cook today. I want to strip the bed, too, and put fresh sheets on it, but I'll do that later, as I have no energy at all.

In reference to the spinach scare, it's nothing short of a miracle that I didn't buy any spinach for the week. I usually go through a couple bags of spinach a week, but for some reason didn't pick up any this time, thank goodness. I sure hope none of you gals got sick from it.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:56 AM   #17  

Good morning ladies! I have to hurry and post because I hear people up and around this morning taking a shower so they will be downstairs soon wanting some breakfast.

BeachBum: Good for you and your loss! WTG!!!

Cottage: I wondered how long you and Jake were going to be able to avoid the icks. It is too bad you both have it at about the same time though! Hope you get to feeling lots better soon.

I think we are going to take my sil and niece out for a drive around Memphis and show them the sights. They got lost 3 times last night and we ended up having them park and we went and picked them up. I gave the woman perfectly good directions too!

I won't be in for a few days as Jack's surgery is early tomorrow morning. Everyone take care, have a great Sunday and a good week next week!

Faye
Old 09-17-2006, 10:36 AM   #18  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Chickies - glad to see that everyone is enjoying their weekends. Yesterday ended up being very productive - my dd and I cleaned out her room (what a nightmare) we take almost everything out and clean, moved her room around.

My daughter and I stayed up late (for me 11 is late as I get up at 4am) and watched a movie on Nick - we had so much fun.

Today is a new day and is going to be great. Not much planned - finished up dd homework - then I need to do some work too. Then I think we might bake some cookies (a few people will be stopping by for football later).

Well I must get a move on.

Sorry no personals today - I just got caught up with all of the posts - so I don't know where to start.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:56 PM   #19  

Afternoon gals!

We are chilling out here at home, both Megan and DH are down for naps. DH is so stressed out about work, finances, etc that he hasn't been sleeping well at all lately. He was overlooked for a promotion at work and has been pretty depressed about it. I have tried to be very patient with him when sometimes I want to scream, "Snap out of it!!!!!" He just wants to do well and provide for our family, which I do understand. My thinking is that there is something better out there and he just needs to wait.

We had church this morning- big DD sang in the choir. It was Music Dedication Sunday, so all the children's choirs did a combination song with the adults. It was very nice.

Not much else to report- I was on plan yesterday, although ate too many Triscuits!

Steak, salad, and a sweet potato for dinner. Yum!
Old 09-17-2006, 03:38 PM   #20  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just checking in! I'm so far behind on reading and commenting on posts but just wanted to let you know I'm still alive.

Lucy was church dog this morning and Hershey was Terry Fox Run dog although she didn't want to walk with John while I did registrations. It was pretty successful although the numbers of walkers was down from last year. I think there are too many fund-raising walks for charities - the AIDS one is next weekend.

I worked in a quick viusit with Harry and have now got a crock pot of chili burbling away for the coming week. I am going to my painting class tomorrow and also have to do 12 (count them!) evaluation visits with four of the dogs that passed the last TheraPaws test. The dogs will probably be OK but I'm wondering how good some of the owners will be when they are faced with the realities of some of our nursing homes! Harry's is considered the country club but some of the older ones are pretty bleak.

I am determined to work in a walk this afternoon so I'm outta here for a bit.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:33 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 296/267/180

Height: 6'1"

Gma2One

Our prayers out to you and Jack! We will all be thinking of you both and praying that all will go smoothly and that Jack will recover quickly!
Old 09-17-2006, 09:15 PM   #22  

gma - Know that you and your DH are in my prayers. Please post an update when you can.

Me - I was able to donate blood on the second stick. The first vein clotted before they could fill the little test bag. The second one did better. They say that I should donate platelets next time since my platelet count is probably pretty high. It worries me that I might get a blood clot/stroke if I clot that easily.

Brian has his popcorn stuff and has already sold $183 worth. He would have done better but it rained almost all afternoon today. He's looking to get the college scholarship again if he can. We sure needed the rain though.
Closed Thread