South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 12:54 PM   #16  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Weird... I must not have posted a recipe in awhile. I posted it to the Ph2 Soups and Stews, and it thanked me for posting, and then said that it would post after a moderator approves it or something. Well I'm posting it here too dangit.

1 cup dry lentils
1 cup no sugar added tomato sauce (I used Light Ragu)
6 cups vegetable broth
1 dry habanero chili, diced - no oil
2 garlic cloves - minced fine
1 tsp black pepper
1 serving smoked sundried tomato - no oil

Combine all in a pot and simmer for 60-90 minutes or until thick and the lentils are soft.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:05 PM   #17  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone - having a good day but so busy here at work - hopefully I will be able to post later.

Glad to see everyone is doing well.

Ruth - have no idea how you keep going all the time

Weezle - would love to try the soup

Faye - that is my daughter's middle name - love it - as always you and jack are in my prayers - keep us posted

hear my boss yelling my name - better run

Tootles
Old 09-14-2006, 01:19 PM   #18  

Weezie, darlin! We changed how recipes get posted in the forum... We did a major clean up there and want to keep a better eye on what goes in since we had stuff under the wrong categories, SB unfriendly ingredients, no serving info, incomplete, or some that "looked good" but not tried (and then people try it and post that it didnt taste good or come out the way the recipe stated) ..So now "MammaMod" Ruth gets a email to check the recipe out before it goes out to the chicks!
Old 09-14-2006, 01:20 PM   #19  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I just approved Weezle's Soup Recipe and moved it to Phase I Soups and Stews.

It's still pouring rain here! I did get to the lawyer and then came home to soup for lunch - not home made, alas! I ran out of time. If the rain stops this afternoon, Lucy and I will go to the vet and then go visit Harry. I just can't imagine taking a soaking wet dog into a nursing home!

It's such a fall-like day but the weather is supposed to go back to summer for the weekend! Yippee! I'm not quite ready for fall!
Old 09-14-2006, 01:31 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Does anyone else love plain yoghurt? It used to taste weird to me and not sweet enough but after you acquire the taste for it it's delicious!
Old 09-14-2006, 01:50 PM   #21  

I love yogurt too.

So what did you have at the macrobiotic restaurant? all I can picture of macrobiotic diets is brown rice.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:37 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahslacker View Post
Does anyone else love plain yoghurt? It used to taste weird to me and not sweet enough but after you acquire the taste for it it's delicious!
I like plain yogurt much better than I used to, but I still add a little Splenda and flaxseed to dress it up. Try the FAGE Greek yogurt -- it's thicker and creamier than Dannon or other varieties. Really delicious, even without any flavoring.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:29 PM   #23  

Good afternoon gals! I am beginning to think someone has it in for me. Jack's heart, then the car ac fan motor went out, then the stove oven door issue , then I found out from my home warranty people that my dryer is not on the fritz it is plugged up in the wall vent so I have to pay for that, then for the past week we have gotten no mail and I am trying to find out why and all I get is a run around. I am trying not to get stressed out, but darn it, I don't have time to deal with inept mailmen, broken appliances or the stupid car breaking down in some way. I am just worried that someone in a change of address for us to get at our mail. Don't know why they'd want it, I have pretty much bankrupted us trying to pay bills ahead so there isn't much left anywhere to steal! I have 3 Netflix movies that didn't show up over a week ago so I had to put them in as lost today then my sister sent me money for my birthday on Monday and since I haven't gotten the mail, I haven't gotten her card so I am worried about that. I told her if the mailman doesn't give me a straight answer tomorrow I will let her know so she can stop payment on the check.

Ruth: Oh darn, I guess there's just no time for my deck, huh? Guess I am going to have to do it myself tomorrow! I couldn't help teasing you, you seem to always have so much on your plate and still take on more so I thought you wouldn't mind a bit of deck cleaning!

RMT: Faye is actually my middle name. Unfortunately my first name is Modonna. Yeah, that's right as in the rock star only mine is spelled different and I HAD IT FIRST!!!! My father's sister was killed as a young adult and so they named me after her. It was that or Fredericka and I am not sure which one would have been worse. Of course, I was in Junior High when the Beatle's Lady Madonna came out so I had to live with the jokes about babies at my breast. I am the talk of the town everytime I go into a bank, have to give my driver's license for a check, etc. We went shopping at the commissary a month ago and were checking out and one of the OTHER checkers, said "Hi, Modonna." Our checker burst out laughing and then the checker said that was my real name and the one checking us out didn't believe her so I had to pull out my license and prove it. They all remember me because of my name. I am probably one of the few people in my graduating class that EVERYONE remembers just because of my name! It is a cross I have to bear!

Weezle: Bras were an evil product of men to make us miserable. I hate the darn things and am loosy goosy in the house all the time. Of course men seem to think that breasts are God's answer to a prayer and my husband is no exception and is always getting me to buy expensive and uncomfortable fancy lace bras. I have huge boobs that don't like being stuffed into a bra with underwire or a bunch of scratchy lace. When I do find one I like, it ends up being discontinued or something. At least we don't still have to wear corsets!

Sarah: I am my family's resident comedienne so I am glad you liked my description of what Jack calls a mutant chicken. I am anxious for Jack to get home because she is all nice and cooked and ready to eat as is her sister. I didn't know how well it would do without the skin and if the spices would hang onto the meat or just slide off, but it tastes great.

Well Jack should be home any minute so I guess I better go. I keep hoping the stupid whirlpool people will answer my email about where the door switch is located on the stove as our schematics don't show it and Jack can't find it. He could probably replace it if he knew where it was. Ahh, well, nothing else has gone right so I guess I should just sit back and relax. At least my cleaning is all on time so at least something has gone right. Have a good evening girls and I will talk to you tomorrow!

Faye
Old 09-14-2006, 05:18 PM   #24  
Live, Laugh, Love

RMT, if you try it, let me know what you think! It's very yummy soup but HOT.

Hi Schnatzoid! That makes sense about the recipe forums. I was just really confused. Sorry it's so rainy there!!!

Thank you Ruthie! And sorry it's so rainy THERE. Sheesh. Hopefully we don't have a bunch of Beacher Chicks that get depressed because it's so rainy!

Sarah, I loathe plain yogurt. I don't know what it is. I just can't get used to it. I can use it in recipes, I can mix it with stuff, and I do ok. I just don't like to eat it plain. It's one of those things... some people don't like beer, but I do. Good for you though for taking the time to get used to it. I'm not that patient.

Gma, I have pretty big knockers myself. Found out today that indeed I WAS wearing the wrong size bra. I just paid ridiculous amounts of money on 2 bras, but I do feel more supported. I agree, men spend way too much thought on boobs (and not enough money.) The funny thing... you said at least we don't have to wear corsets. I'm stuffing myself into one tonight when I go back for my dress fitting! (I forgot to take my shoes when I went the first time.) Tie me up, suck me in, perk my girls up, and squeeze me into that dress!

Better run. Time to teach piano! Have a great night chicks!

Lisa
Old 09-14-2006, 05:26 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Rebel - Well last night it was pretty much just quinoa, lentils and greens, but man they do a killer Mexican food night, had a good Guatamalen night one time and am trying their Indian night tomorrow!

Sunlit - Do they make a FF version of it? I love the fact that my Stonyfield Farm brand makes a natural FF verison that's only 80 calories.

Faye - When it rains it pours huh? Just stay strong and don't let food be your comfort.

Weezle - Yeah I understand, there are certain foods that I learned to love because of the Beach, but there are others that I'l just never acquire a taste for (olives, saurkraut to name a few)
Old 09-14-2006, 05:34 PM   #26  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahslacker View Post
Weezle - Yeah I understand, there are certain foods that I learned to love because of the Beach, but there are others that I'l just never acquire a taste for (olives, saurkraut to name a few)
Good! More for me! I like anchovies too!

I'm back from a wonderful visit to H. where Lucy lept up on his bed, he hugged her and she shwoered him with doggy kisses! Great to see the response from both of them. I have a chicken roastinf right now for dinner. Can you smell the garlic? When you have over 7,000 garlic plants ......

And it's STILL frassing raining!
Old 09-14-2006, 10:39 PM   #27  
Live, Laugh, Love

Mmmm........ olllliiiivvveeesss.....

Yeah those are a weakness. I know they're good for you, healthy fats, etc, but the sodium kills me and I can't open a can of black olives and NOT eat the entire thing. Green ones are good too. YUM.

I'll eat those for the non-olive-eaters.
Closed Thread