South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 07:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's Chick Chat

Hey Girls!

Just time for a quickie this rainy Thursday morning. I thought I'd have the morning off, and already have the washer chugging away, but Cindy just called to say she'd been up all night with Maggie. Seems Audrey has passed that nasty virus back to her and she's been up all night throwing up. What's going on with my babies!!!!

So what's happening in your neck of the woods today?
Old 09-14-2006, 07:56 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Our neck of the woods is soggy and into the second day of rain. We really need it though as it's been a dry summer. The lads at the long Horn have been whining a lot about dry land.

Cottage, I hope Maggie and Audrey stop passing that bug back and forth soon!

The Girls and I had a lovely quiet day yesterday. I sorted bills, caught up on filing and even managed a nap. Today I have to go to the lawyer for a copy of my POA, pick up temprament certificates for the Girls from the vet so they can visit NOT as part of TheraPaws. I have to go back to H's old place to get some clothes that were in the laundry and get a refund cheque! It'll be another Ruthie Roadrunner day and The Girls will be giving me that mournful look when I pick up my car keys. I plan to scoot out to the home with Lucy late in the day to get her accustomed to visiting the new place.

Right now I am going to soak in the tub with my second cup of coffee and contemplate my future!

Come and chat a bit!
Old 09-14-2006, 08:06 AM   #3  

Good morning everyone. It is gorgeous here. A nice cooler 62 right now and supposed to be sunny and in the 80's today. Even though I have been up since 1 AM (had a nightmare about you know what and couldn't go back to sleep and didn't want to wake Jack so I came downstairs) I am behind today and only have my morning chores done. I like to get out and walk in the early morning after it is light and before all the kids get out on the sidewalks waiting for busses because the little cusses won't move for you.

Well Jack is off to work. He has today and tomorrow and that is it for about 6-8 weeks. He had one of his "flushing" incidents from his niacin this morning. He takes an ibuprophen about an hour before the niacin to prevent this, but it doesn't always work. He turned bright red and said his body was tingling like bugs crawling all over him. I told him to sit and wait until it past just in case so he did. I have been awake since 1 AM having had a nightmare and not being able to sleep after that so I am pretty tired this morning. I have a lot to do though so I am going to get it done and then nap if there is time. I put a couple cornish game hens with rotisserie seasoning in the crockpot for dinner. I had to remove the skin from mine for SB and good thing they are a tight fit as mine just flopped open like a loose woman since she didn't have any skin to hold her together! I could have tied her all up, but when I put them in side by side they fit tight enough I didn't have to do that. I always put about 1/2 can ff chicken broth in the bottom so I have good basting juices.

Cottage: Hope the little ones get to feeling better once and for all. Must be hard on mom to deal with.

Ruth: You seem to be always running someplace. Hope you can get all those errands run. If you find time, slip by my house and clean my deck and patio furniture. It needs to be done before the family get here and I am running out of time. Thanks!

I am off to get my New Balance on and my walking clothes. Everyone have a great day and take care of yourselves.

Faye
Old 09-14-2006, 09:48 AM   #4  

GO AWAY!!! It rained all day yesterday and more of the same today...so much for cutting the grass!

Ruth: Just a few of those last details and then you can settle in again to a more normal routine with H!

Cottage: I hope this is the last go around for that nasty bug the girls have been dealing with!

Gma: Sending good vibes to you to be strong and that Jack gets well!

Today I'm making the girls dinners and packing them up to go to the dog sitters while me and DH take a long weekend out to Asheville, NC.. I am sooo looking forward to getting into the mountains and driving the Blue Ridge Hwy! So far we are going to Biltmore, http://www.biltmore.com/ and a 5 hour train ride through the Blue ridge..I booked us into the "club cars" kinda like 1st class accomodations http://www.gsmr.com/ after the train ride, we have dinner reservations at http://www.groveparkinn.com/ ....
We're leaving early tomorrow and will be back on Monday
Old 09-14-2006, 10:06 AM   #5  

Good morning!
Tomorrow I have an informational appointment at Curves. Goodness knows why I didn't do this at the beginning of my 3 weeks off work, rather than the last day...

Blue Ridge Mountains sounds good! though now I'm going to we singing "Country Roads" in my head all day long.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:10 AM   #6  

cottage - I hate those stomach bugs. Hopefully this will be the last round of it.

Ruth - You are busy as always. Have a great day!

gma - It's in the 60's here today too although we should reach 90 again. I'm enjoying the coolness in the afternoon but I'm a wimp when it comes to the cold and would rather have the mornings a little warmer. Maybe it's time to put shorts away? Hope you sleep better tonight. I was having weird dreams last night that kept me awake just a bit.

schatzi - Sounds like a fun weekend! Have a great time.

Can I get you gals to send some of that rain this way? Actually we may get some on Sunday but we are still so dry that we still have burn bans and they are talking about moving to stage 4 water rationing next month. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Busy day of work today and then Roundtable tonight. I had a meeting last year with all the camp directors in our Council. Our district has the biggest camp and they are hoping we can grow it from 550 boys to 800! I don't even know where we would find room in the park for a couple of hundred new boys (plus new chaperones and additional staff that would be required). I guess we will see what happens. We need to have a patch and tshirt designed to submit for voting in the November meeting. I guess I need to find out who has done it in the past.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:12 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Me too, Rebel. It's an "ear worm"! I even remember the chords!

It's pouring rain at the moment so Lucy The Portuguese BEach Dog and I are still at home. We will try for the lawyer, vet and nursing home run this afternoon if it clears a bit.

It's starting to feel like a spinach and lentil soup day! Rebel posted a new recipe amd it looks pretty quick and easy.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:14 AM   #8  

Hi, rebel! Now I've got Country Roads going through my head.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:44 AM   #9  

Morning gals!

I have a "bonus" day at home today, because Megan's daycare is closed. The husband of the woman who runs it had an accident with his table saw on Sunday, so he is having surgery today. Can you imagine the pain?? So, we are home. I think we are going to get together with a friend for a playdate.

Cottage Those poor girlies! There is just nothing worse, especially when you think they are on the mend and they aren't.

Ruth Busy, busy, busy!!

Barb I have been loving the cool mornings. Both my girls needed a light jacket the other morning, it was great!

Me- Working to get my eating under control. I had a very good weekend foodwise and then my birthday hit on Monday. I had dessert THREE times!!! My DH made a delicious steak dinner, which was fine, but I overate the legal stuff. I was miserable when I woke up on Tuesday. I have been off and on with the program. We need to find a way to bottle that motivation and fire that we have when we start a weightloss program, so when we are feeling weak, we can keep going!! I am determined not to give up!!!!! I am disappointed in that it wa very realistic for me to have met my goal weight by my b-day, but I am also realistic enough to know that we all hit bumps in the road and that I WILL do this!!

Yuck- I smell a very poopy diaper- gotta go!!!!
Old 09-14-2006, 11:00 AM   #10  

I usually walk around with whatever one of the songs on my current walking CD is. I used a Napster combo songs CD we burned and I all I could hear in my head all afternoon and all night was Neil Sedaka singing Next Door to an Angel! I went to the bathroom at around 11 PM and it was driving me so nuts I started singing Amazing Grace! Didn't work, I ended up with the Angel singing Amazing Grace....

Schatzi: We were supposed to be one our way to Indiana last night and go to a Chicago CUBS game today. I am so bummed because we had to cancel. For one thing, I miss my son and dil and also I LOVE Chicago. I would rather have a healthy husband though and we have decided to go to Nashville in December for a weekend by ourselves and go shopping for Christmas at Opry Mills. Have a fun fun time with you hubby! I am not an outdoors person. My idea of roughing it is Holiday Inn instead of the Hilton!

I have to run! Glad to see all is going well with everyone. I am on day 4 and doing great. I did my half hour walk and will eventually work up to longer. I swim all summer and walk in the fall so it is always hard to start walking again because swimming is so easy for m.

Faye
Old 09-14-2006, 11:03 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Default Willpower of steel

Hi ladies -

So yesterday was a good day. I kept careful account of everything I ate and how I felt, logged it into fitday (as best I could) and was somewhere between 1200 and 1400 cals which is my goal - Did 60 mins of cardio yesterday morning and then my BF and I had a healthy date, went to yoga (it was his first time) and then to a local macrobiotic restaurant... he unfortunately didn't appreciate the food all that much, but I sure loved it and it felt SO healthy - So today is another day and if I can just make it through today staying on track I'll be good!

Kiko - you can't beat yourself up too much for splurging on your bday, and I understand, my 25th is in a month and a half and I don't think I'll make my 135 goal, just going to take it one day and at a time and see where that takes me

Cottage - your poor kiddos! They just can't shake the sickies can they?

Ruthie Roadrunner - I know I keep posting this but man we need some rain here desperately, one of the worst draughts ever, the lake is so low... so if you wouldn't mind lending us a soggy day...

Faye - hang in there, you are definitely in my prayers! Had to giggle when you were describing the hen, teehee

Schatzi - I'm jealous! I've always wanted to visit Asheville, hear it's a great place!

Rebel - Awe atleast you're heading there at all, you should give yourself a pat on the back for taking the initiative

Barb - Us too, we are in such a draught right now! And it seems like everyone but us is getting it, it's like there's this bubble around Austin, my poor lawn is so brown and the lakes are so low... we have burn bans too

Hope the rest of you beachers have a great day!
Old 09-14-2006, 11:45 AM   #12  

exercise and whining

for the last 7 years (until 2006) I worked out at a gym regularly. Not as much as some of the people here, but regularly and loved it. I
haven't gone since Winter because
1) I lay sick and moaning on the mat for over an hour and no one came
over to ask if I was OK or needed anything etc.
2) a young person aged 39, had a heart arrythmia
and DIED while working out there. It probably was the kind of thing
that was so fast it could have happened anywhere, even if someone had
started CPR immediately, but still...

In 2004 and in 2005 I walked the 3Day - 60 mile 3 day walk to raise funds to fight breast cancer. I was supposed to walk this year, (60 in '06! 3Day for the 3rd time!) but had to drop out in April for medical reasons : So I not only stopped training for the 3Day, I stopped even walking at all for no reason other than my own negative thinking.

So it's about time I started things up again!
Old 09-14-2006, 12:06 PM   #13  

Rebel - You can do it! Been exploring a lot on the forum and exercise is not so important for weight loss as it is for maintaining - sure it's great for weight loss but you'll just gain it all right back if you don't exercise to maintain - Just take it one day at a time - don't think about walking every day for a week just think about walking today
Old 09-14-2006, 12:36 PM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Default THEEEEEEEE sun'llcomeouuuuuuuut.....

The sun finally came back! It was drizzley and 68 yesterday. BRRRRR!!!! September is supposed to still be hot! It'll be in the lower 80s the next few days but after that, highs in the 60s again. I've already dragged out my fleece Ho Ho Ho jammies! I loathe the cold!

So I believe I have found the diet for me. I've combined SBD, WW, and the Abs Diet and it seems to be working for me. I've lost 3 lbs since Monday. I'm going to post my Spicy Lentil Soup recipe in the recipe section for those who love spicy food. SO YUMMY! I've been living on it!

I have to get my bridesmaid dress fitted today but I'm also going to get fitted for a bra. Anyone else see the re-airing of Oprah's Bra Boutique episode the other day? I'm now obsessed. 94% of the women in her audience wore the wrong size bra! So now I want to make sure that I get the right size bra because all those girls in her audience got bras that fit and hiked those puppies up! Mine definitely could use some hiking!

Hope everyone has a great day and that the rain stops where it's still raining!

Lisa
Old 09-14-2006, 12:42 PM   #15  

Howdy Weezle! I'm so curious about your spicy lentil soup! I love spicy stuff and wanted to find something to cook for dinner tonight so post away!
Closed Thread