South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 12:46 PM   #16  

Hey Gals!!!!

Cottage - I know what you mean about barren developments. We saw one where each home had at least an acre of land. Not one Tree. Not one fence .. just flat grass.. It looked so sad. DH and I are going out this afternoon to look at another 6 or so sites and we'll stop at his favorite waterin hole for dinner.. I have a menu here so I've already decided on my dinner - and my favorite beverage (besides CAWFEE a course : ) is Ice Tea... so a house salad with grilled chicken

Ruth: how do you do it?? your days are jam packed! The meadowpalooza sounds like it will be a blast! July was very rough! I gained 6 pounds, but no use looking back and beating myself up.. I've been OP since Monday and feel great.

RNMOM: I hope the time left of your son's tour goes quickly for him.. Our neice just finished hers, and we felt like a burden was lifted ..Enjoy your 5 days off!!! The MOA is massive... I spent most of my time at Camp Snoopy and in Legoland! Wear good sneakers and by the time yer tour is over you easily walked 5 miles!

Jalene! Oh yes, there are some really wonderful recipes on our site.. Some have made it into my monthly rotation.. If it wasn't so bloody hot I'd be whipping up a pot of Barb's chili

Scully: I struggle too with food vs exercise.. Good with one-not so with the other... If I dont feel like it , I'll make myself get on the treadmill for 10 mins, and usually once I get to that point I'm committed to doing my 45-60 minutes. That loft bed is way cool! What a wonderful way to remember your losses Scully

Tammy: You're not nuts darlin' I couldn't have children, so my cairn terriers are my babies. I was devastated when we lost our first one.Muffy was very sick all her life but gave us 13 years of joy. We had her cremated and we keep her in our bedroom. Soon after we got 2 little ones..
I'm keeping my calories to between 1200 and 1600 .. with healthy food choices I'm not having any problem feeling satisfied.

grasshopper: I think you are doing fine..especially recognising that you need protein and good carbs enjoy yer walk.. My 2 dogs go out in the backyard, and soon return..its tooo hot even for them!

Soon: WHAT A NUTJOB!!! :kick: back on the beach sweetie!!!!!

Jesse: oooh that recipe sounds delish! I hope it comes out ! on supporting local farms! I can't beleive the difference in taste color and textures of some of the veggies and fruits...more and more I am gravitating towards the organic section in the stores, and stopping at the road side markets!

Barb: I'm proud of you too!!!

Enjoy what's left of the day girls... DH is nudging me that it's time to go on our land hunt !
Old 08-03-2006, 04:10 PM   #17  
Skinny(er) by Thirty?

S/C/G: 192.2/163.8/154/135

Height: 5' 6"

Whew! Long day, and it is only 3pm here.

Can you believe that the guy who is installing my dishwasher "sometime after 3" today actually showed up at 3? Amazing! If only everything in the world was this prompt.

I spent the morning tie-dyeing shirts (and boxers and bags and hats and everything else) with my moms summer goup. I have now rinsed half of the items, and they are currently in the washing machine, getting the excess dye out. My hands, unfortunately, are going to be purple for a few days. But no worries.

Skating coach is out of town, so we (dd, ds and I) might skip the rink this afternoon, and go practice Saturday instead.

I now have to make lots of dishes dirty (with SB food) so I can use my new dishwasher ('bout time. I'm damn tired of doing it by hand!).
Old 08-03-2006, 04:58 PM   #18  
Skinny(er) by Thirty?

S/C/G: 192.2/163.8/154/135

Height: 5' 6"

Hubris.

I post that "Wowie the guy is here installing my new dishwasher" and bammo, he can't shut off the water main because he does not have the right tool.

Hopefully they can reschedule for tomorrow or Saturday, as I go back to work Monday.

Sheesh!
Old 08-03-2006, 08:34 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys. Man what a day! I'm so tired!! I even took a mini nap during lunch. Just got off work and so far have not touched anything chocolatie....even sugar free and fat free. I need to stay clear for a bit.

Soon - you'd be surprised how many people treat you exactly the way you allow them to treat you. Most people do it in one way or another. That was pretty extreme and rude though! Hopefully now she will stop. Maybe she dug deep into her soul and gave you the REAL reason she was doing it - one she'd JUST realized????!!!! MAYBE?????? I hope it gets better.

Sarah - I'd could sure use the motivation. Since you are trying to hit your goal around the time, it would be great to keep each other honest and going! I'm going to my first bodypump class tomorrow a.m. I had talked myself out of it - but since you've mentioned it, I will go Looking forward to it!!

Okay, I'd like to write more but I have a dog that needs to be walked and I'm hungry. Talk to you all soon - have a great evening.
Closed Thread