South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 10:34 AM   #16  

Ruth Welcome back!!

Barb We go back August 2- the kids report on August 9. Thanks about the photo! That is in our backyard- she loves her swing.

Cruising through the morning here. I am taking a new position in our building next year, so am trying to slowly organize my stuff to move out of this room. I won't be a classroom teacher, but a Title 1 teacher. I will pull small groups of struggling kiddos and help teachers with instrcution in their classrooms. I am looking forward to a new and different challenge!

Okay- need to be productive!!
Old 05-12-2006, 10:41 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 177/154/135

Wow, on Page 2 already! Hi, Everyone! I've been off here about a week but still trying to stay OP with Phase 1.

Welcome back Ruth!

It is raining in Indy today too. I'm babysitting my nephew all day and my boys are out of school but the oldest one went to work with a friend of ours. So I have 4. WE've already watched Toy STory2.
I'm going to look for some recipes on here. I have the SB recipe book out of the library since Feb.1 and it is missing in my house somewhere!!!
Old 05-12-2006, 11:21 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 260/243/160

Morning ladies!

Everyone seems in a great mood today...TGIF syndrome I guess. hehe. Not much going on in Jessyland. Made the simply roast pork last night and it rocked my sox! Even the kitty loved it. I have to work tonight and it is supposed to be crazy, we have a crew team coming in. yay. *falls over* But there is some reprieve. On Sunday I'm heading to Maine to visit a friend who is graduating and to celebrate my 25th bday! Two w00ts for lower car insurance premiums! I'm so excited to have a mini vacation.

Beachgal- It'd be awesome if we had a lil luncheon around the Fingerlakes. Uhm wineries anyone? hehe I'm out near the capital so it'd be an easy trip down the Thruway.

MsCrockett- My offer for help with math still stands, even if it is later in the summer. I've gotten many people through their math classes when they felt it was hopeless. Plus, I have faith in you!

Alrighty ladies, I'm off to go watch that Dateline show "To Catch A Predator." Crazy stuff really. It's so sad that this kind of stuff has a running series on prime time. Poor kids.

Have a great day all!

-Jessy
Old 05-12-2006, 11:23 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 260/243/160

Oh I forgot!

Welcome back Ruth!
Old 05-12-2006, 11:31 AM   #20  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Welcome back, Ruthie!!! We missed you tons!!! So...do you have a tan? Any stories about dancing with a lightshade on your head? Hope you had a wonderful reunion with Hersh and that Lucy and the pups are thriving. Any puppy pics yet??? (hint, hint...)

I'd love to do a Fingerlakes meet up, Jessy and Kelly J! I think there's one other person who's bio says they live in Central NY...maybe they'd like to come, too? I'll post a thread on this to see who can join us. Jessy, I love the simply roasted pork too...check out the many recipes that you can use the leftovers to make...it makes the next meal so easy to throw together!

Barb, you are my inspiration, chica! Your stew sounds awesome!!! I hope you know that I'll be e-mailing you daily with questions when we have kiddos...you are the ultimate mom!!! Now tell me, where did you find WW egg noodles? I've had no luck finding them, even in Ithaca at the co-op, where they have everything!!! Any chance I can swap you some WW alphabet noodles for the egg noodles? They have those at the co-op...

Cottage, I'm so sorry that things feel so down lately. You are a very special woman and deserve tons of happiness! I hope you take the time to curl up with a good book, a mug of tea (or a glass of iced tea?) and a cuddly pet or two! Yes...there's never enough time to read!

Kiko, your plans for losing weight by your birthday sound smart! Health really is the best gift we can give ourselves! : Your darling little one is so adorable in your avatar!
Old 05-12-2006, 11:40 AM   #21  

Hi Ruth!! Welcome back

Good morning to everyone else!

Today is turning out to be a good day. I have confirmed that I am getting my own office at work. I move in after Memorial Day woohoo!! I think this will really help me actually do more work.

Even though it is (still) crappy outside, I am going shopping after work. I need clothes (I recently gave away two garbage bags of clothes that were too big ). And I'm going to buy an MP3 player. I know, I know, I'm probably that last person in the world under 30 to buy one...but they've finally reduced in price enough that I can afford one

Eating like a horse (took that from Crockett ), but still staying OP and losing. I think it only seems like I'm eating a lot because I've really had a taste for veggies lately. Yesterday's count was almost 7 cups! I guess that's better than eating 7 cup of ice cream, though

I hope everyone has a good Friday and a good weekend. I'll report of Monday if DBF was able to get the king size bed into my studio apt.

(double hugs for all)
Old 05-12-2006, 11:44 AM   #22  

Laurie - Would you believe that the only place around here that sells whole wheat egg noodles is my Super Target store? They also sell the whole wheat lasagna noodles. However, I should point out that both are by Hodgson Mills and I have used their web site several times to order types of whole wheat pasta that I can't find in the stores. Just order enough stuff and they send a case and the shipping isn't too bad. I like to get the bowtie pasta and the shell pasta from them directly since I haven't found those in the stores here. The egg noodles are a little thinner cut than I really like but they taste great - just like all their pasta. I'll be glad to converse with you when you have kids. My main recommendation to all parents is start them on the healthy stuff when they are little. Get them used to variety.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:47 AM   #23  
South Beach Life Style

Jessy~ Thanks and I am keeping you, officially on stand by, I just need to regroup, and get focused and you will be hearing from me,, THANK YOU SO MUCH,, IT means alot.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:56 PM   #24  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for all the welcome back wishes.

Hey! The courier just delivered my missing suitcase and all is intact including two big vines that my SIL dug up for me. Hershey is home and delighted to be with her mommy again. She missed Lucy as her buddy when she was at the kennel. I have a call in to Morna re the puppies and will report later.

Right now my HersheyGirl and I are going to have a rainy afternoon nap! I don't function well on four hours of sleep. Must be old age - NOT!
Old 05-12-2006, 01:10 PM   #25  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hey chicks! Well, I arrived in S. CA safe and sound. I'm about to go for a walk to pick up some creamer, come home, have coffee, then walk to the park and around the big lake in the park. Later I'll stop by the hairdressers right up the street for a trim. My bf has to work today, he has to work most of the time except for 3 three day weekends while I'm out here. That's Ok because I have lots of work to do with my data and my thesis to keep me busy. This is a "working vacation" lol!

I'm really going to try to eat right while I'm out here. As usual, there's not a vegetable in the house except for the frozen one's I bought last time I was out here. I'm going to have some scrambled eggs and oatmeal for a brunch. Then tomorrow morning we'll stock up with all the essentials.

Have a great day chicks! And welcome back Ruth!!!
Old 05-12-2006, 02:48 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 180/177/145

BeachgalI was the one asking about getting everything in. I order the books but so far only the cookbook came. I am a tad onfused on the process. I think I'm going to make up a chart so I can make sure I'm getting everything in. I did lose another lb. but that's 4 in 3 weeks. Sorta depressing. On the good side, I added a fruit and so far so good.

Cottage: I have alot of trouble with my neck and what works best for me is a "dogbone" shaped pillow. Or a towel rolled up. No pillow. Put it
right on your neck to sleep, not underneath your head. My chiropractor suggested it and it does work. Somehow it strentches and lenghtens those neck muscles gets rid of my sore neck.

Lottie You have such good ideas. I didn't like the mock french toast because it was too thick. DUH>>>I don't know why I didn't make them thinner. On the other hand I do like the mock oatmeal with walnuts, vanilla,cinnamon and nutmeg.

To everyone else, Welcome back, good morning, thanks for sharing all the info. Have a good day everyone.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:56 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Yeayyyy, my weekend officially started at 1:30 today! For a change, Cindy was on time and ready to take over. With her crazy Dr's schedule, we both have to be flexible, but this week was really rough on both of us.
Too many postings to address each of you individually, but it seems like we're all doing well.
RUTH ~ I'm glad you had a good trip and are back home safe and sound.
LAURIE ~ Thanks for the kind words. I'm going to get started on the "Aunt Dimity" books this evening. I'll let you know what I think of them.
MsCROCKETT ~ Sounds like you have a good plan for your Math course for the summer. I think it will be much easier for you this time.
KIKO ~ LOVE the picture of your baby! Both your girls are adorable!
Old 05-12-2006, 03:02 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Smokepole ~ Thanks for the advice, I'm going to try it tonight. I sure hope it works, as it's really painful!
Old 05-12-2006, 03:04 PM   #29  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Yeah I made the first one ridiculously thick. I was sort of staring at it in awe. *L* then I sort of popped it open and poured it out and made a smaller one that came out great!
Old 05-12-2006, 03:05 PM   #30  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Trying to drink 128 oz of water today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't want to have any water retention for my weigh in tomorrow!
Closed Thread