South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 10:43 PM   #1  
I'm a loser!

S/C/G: 260/240/160

Height: 5'6

Thumbs up 130 By College!

Hello! New beacher here! My name is Tami, and I am currently wanting to lose 130 pounds. Let me rephrase that, I need to lose that. I decided that South Beach would be the best way for me to go since I love vegetables and it was "easy" to lose weight on it! I also don't like milk, so not having milk isn't a big deal. The hardest part is going to be not getting to eat any pasta! I LOVE pasta! bah. lol. I'm very excited about getting started on this, I started this morning. I can't wait to see a result, I think thats when it will really get real for me and I'll really stick to it!

I have questions
Is crystal light ok to drink? It has 5 calories per serving, and its really good lol. I've replaced my soda with that, I'm sure it is much better for me than soda lol. Especially since I dont drink diet soda.

Are eggs considered to be protein?

How many times a day do I have to eat? Breakfast lunch dinner, and then a snack between breakfast and lunch and one between lunch and dinner, do i eat one after dinner too or is that considered my dessert? Do i eat dessert? I see many recipes for it, but is it necessary or just a once in a while thing?
Hmm. I think that's it Thanks everyone!
Old 05-08-2006, 10:57 PM   #2  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I'm pretty sure crystal lite is okay but I"ll let someone else answer that... eggs are allowed and are considered protein. I eat 3 meals and 3 healthy snacks a day and a sbd dessert every so often.

I love pasta too, but what I REALLY love is a sauce with lots of spices, so Ijust saute some zucchini and throw some sauce and cheese on it and I"m good to go!

When my bf orders pizza and I can't have any I take a small plate, line it with one serving of turkey pepperoni (17 slices) a quarter cup of sauce and a quarter cup of fat free cheese, microwave, and it kills my craving for pizza.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/177/145

Lottie, what a great idea for substitute pizza!!
Old 05-08-2006, 11:14 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Congratulations on making the decision to get started. The first step is the hardest. I don't really know anything about SBD but I wish you the best. Good luck and keep posting, it helps to have the support that you find in here.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:22 PM   #5  
South Beach Life Style

Pink~ Crystal Light is ok. but you need to drink WATER .. If you need to work on that just use less and less of the crystal light till you get there, I have it for my treats.. Eat when you are hungry.. Do you have the Book? there are some awesome girls here who really know answers .. join our daily thread,, Ruth, and Barb and Shatzi are the ones I PM when I need help, but all of us will chime in.... best of luck Take Care
Old 05-09-2006, 09:12 AM   #6  
I'm a loser!

S/C/G: 260/240/160

Height: 5'6

I do drink a lot of plain water, and my crystal light is made with water. lol. but yeah. No i dont have the book. I shoudl buy it. Thanks everyone Woohoo this could be the begining of a very good friendship
Old 05-09-2006, 09:38 AM   #7  

Welcome to the Beach, Tami! We're all here to provide support for each other. First of all, milk is now encouraged on South Beach. I've found that I can drink it is I add sugarfree syrup to it. I love SF chocolate syrup in my skim milk. If you really can't drink milk then you should make sure you are eating yogurt. Calcium is very important. It needs to be fat free plain yogurt in phase 1 (very good with Splenda and cinnamon) but you can have flavored in phase 2 (Blue Bunny Lite is one good brand).

The book is now out in paperback and that is a newer version than the original hardcover that doesn't have the latest food lists. Check our Frequently Asked Question section for the latest lists as well as lots of other information. Veggies really are a main key to losing on SB. You should aim for 4 1/2 cups a day.

Crystal Lite is fine but plain water is important too.

One phase 2 you can have whole wheat pasta. With an 8 year old we eat pasta quite a bit. I add lots of vegetables to my pasta dishes and serve extra pasta on my portion. During phase 1, I like to cut up cabbage and lightly cook it to serve over meals that I would use rice normally. That way my DH and Brian (my son) can have their rice while I avoid it.

You should be eating every couple of hours so that you keep your blood sugar level. There are lots of healthy snacks. I like raw zucchini, red pepper, cauliflower, yogurt. Many people like cheese sticks. Feel free to post in the phase 1 starter thread for the week. I think we have one for this week but if not, just start one. We're always willing to help analyze your menu or answer questions.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:55 AM   #8  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

Welcome to Fat Chicks on the Beach!!!
You can do this!
Old 05-09-2006, 02:25 PM   #9  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome Tami!
Old 05-09-2006, 10:26 PM   #10  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Tami!

It seems like everyone else has taken care of your questions, so I'll just wish you good luck! I know you can make it. (And you will be able to have a little Whole wheat pasta later...)
Closed Thread