South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 06:05 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hump Day Chat - May 3

Rise 'n shine! I've risen but will get to the shine part after coffee.

The sore throat has gone but I sure as heck have a cold with chest congestion. I'm sure I'll live though. I took it easy yesterday morning and felt OK to garden in the PM.

I work in the greenhouse this morning and my garden helper will be here this afternoon, weather permitting and it sure looks like rain right now. Shhhh, but I'll be glad if it rains and I can nap as I slept poorly last night.

What's happening around your beach towel this Hump Day? Grab a and
Old 05-03-2006, 06:24 AM   #2  
gotta lose it!

Morning everyone....I've been MIA for awhile. Busy w/ work.....haven't been able to get to Curves either.
Ruth - I'm w/ you....I would love to go back to bed!
I'm off to get some coffee!
Old 05-03-2006, 06:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Ruth, , I'm still sleepy. I'm wanting my coffee, but that will have to wait til after Curves. I'm glad your sore throat is gone, and I hope the rest of your cold is gone, too, before your trip.

Today is my busy day, although so far this week every day has been busy. I've been doing real well staying on track, though, and the needle on my scale is moving in the right direction. I'm learning what works and what doesn't work for me, as the closer I get to my goal, the harder it gets to lose. So today is full of chaffeuring the girls to and from school, errands, and playdates. I'm just hoping I can come home at a decent hour for a change! Thai Chicken is on the menu for supper, that recipe is yummy!
Old 05-03-2006, 06:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Soon!
Old 05-03-2006, 07:42 AM   #5  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Morning ladies:
Ruth; take care of that cold....
Soon; busy busy busy
Cottage; be careful on the roads today.
Me; I have to fight with Alltell, our contract expired in April and they said they don't prorate the bill and want me to pay through the month of may. We did cancel service after contract expired. They said that it's my fault and I should have waiting until the billing cycle ended. Excuse me!!! They prorate when you change your calling plan in the middle. It's not fair if I don't have their service anymore.
Then after that I am going to the commissary for food. Healthy pickens.
Then home to do something.
So, will check back later.
Have a great day everyone.
Chipper
Old 05-03-2006, 07:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/154/135

Morning! On my 2nd cup of coffee now.

The scale was down 2 lbs. this morning!!! It just amazes me!!
I'm so excited. I went back to phase one on May 1. I was tempted to eat sugar free chocolate pudding last night but I didn't. Ate a few nuts and the sugar free JELLO instead! Not going to change the ticker yet. It has been easy so far but I know it won't stay easy.
Tonight I have a pitch-in dinner w/ a bunch of friends. I'm bringing green salad, and I know another friend is bringing Fruit Salad. The hostess is making an italian beef sandwiches but the meat is in the crock pot and I can eat the meat on a plate without bread, she told me. So, hopefully, I can be good. The countdown is on for my trip to Plymouth, MA.

Ruth: Hope you get to feeling better soon!! No fun to have a spring cold.

Soon: Enjoy your day!

Cottage: Thai Chicken sounds good. Is the recipe on this site? You are going so great!! You will get there to your goal!!!

everyone!
Old 05-03-2006, 08:22 AM   #7  
South Beach Life Style

Good Morning Girls

I am up again,to early,!!!!
, waiting on my coffee to finish brewing, eating a bowl of cereal...
Ruth~ How are those Puppies doing,,? need the daily scoop on them,,,and how is the eating going with Mama..?

All OP here still.. I stayed after class yesterday, and I made and "A" on my billing and coding Final...,, NOW, if I can just pull out a low :C: in Math I will be happy................ Take Care All
Old 05-03-2006, 08:48 AM   #8  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Morning Chicks!

Day 1 of P1 (UGH) for me today. I'm not happy about it, but I know I need to do it to get back on track. Finally feeling human today so it's a good day to start. Think I'll probably only do P1 for a week, but we'll see how it goes. I was looking through the quick recipe SBD book the other day and there are some things in there I'd like to try.

Well, gotta grab my coffee and get back to work - I'll try to check in later
Old 05-03-2006, 09:25 AM   #9  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning, chicks. Hope everyone is having a great day so far. Today will be another nice relaxing day of puttering around my house. I'm going to go pick up a few things I need at the store, Fabreeze, coffee filters, etc. Oh, and I just may stop at the ShoeSensation Clearance Store...maybe ! Last night I made the suffle stuffed chicken and it was great. Yummy. I htink tonihgt will be chicken parmesan with a parm cheese/pinenut coating. Yummy. And more roasted asparagus. Love that stuff. I thought i hated asparagus because I'd only ever eaten it steamed or worse, canned...yuck. But the roasting gives it such a great flavor. I spray it with olive oil, salt, and pepper and pop it in the oven. So good..maybe I won't wait for dinner . Have a great day chicks!

Ruth: Hope our new puppie grandmother feels better today! Have some hot herb tea with lemon for your throat.

Soon: We miss you, get your butt back here, pronto!!

Cottage: Woohoo for you! YOu're doing so great and are such an inspiration! Way to go, gal!

Chipper: Have fun grocery shopping, it's one of my favorite things to do! Weird, but I love it.

Debbie: WooHoo on the 2 lbs!! That's so fabulous! Good for you!

Crock: That's great about your A! Don't ya just love those? I got an A in my Environmental Policy class, but the final grade for my Ecosystems class hasn't come in yet. Although I did get a 95 and a "well done" on my take home essay part of the final. THat's huge coming from my graduate advisor as she is not one to hand out compliments that aren't earned! I think it's so great that you're back in school. It will be so worth it. Education is so important for women and it always makes me proud when one of us goes for it!! There will be some rough spots but when it's over it will seem like time flew. I look back at myundergraduate time and wonder how it went so fast (not exactly what I was thinking during OrganicChemistry..but hey, ). Anyway, good for you!!

Kelly: Just try to think of how great you'll feel after a few good OP days. P1 is so great for cleanisng your body and getting rid of cravings. I don't really lose more in P1 than in a good carefully OP P2 but it makes me feel so much better when I'm done. Hang in there, chickie!
Old 05-03-2006, 09:26 AM   #10  
Kyemom

Morning all you beachy babes!!! Well day 2 of Phase 1, and I am doing great!!! I am having my 2nd cup of coffee, and have already had breakfast. How are you all doing today?
Old 05-03-2006, 09:39 AM   #11  

CAWFEEE! Did I hear Cawfee?????

Well chickies, I was Cawfee Clatchin with the neighbors this morn... I took my BIG mug in my fuzzy slippers over to Girlfrens look at her flowers, and sippin brew on the screened in porch... Then popped across the street to other neighbor and chitchatted there... and bopped over to landlords working on their next rental.. and plans fer a weekend dinner together... Now off to the Lion King...well, that's what I call the grocery store... then will give the house a "lick n a promise" and will enjoy my day on the deck painting my birdhouses....
Whhheeeeeee! Dinner will be taco chicken Love that stuff and fresh fruit salad!!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 09:41 AM   #12  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Leo lost this voice this morning,and I have to do all the telephone screening,asked if I get salary, Sorry that comes with the contract for Better or Worse.

My journal, helped this morning when I weighed-in just to see how I'm doing and I'm up 3lbs[no sodium]I checkd that.Its water retenstion and I found that I exercised with both ankle & wrist weights [2-lbs each]which I never did before.Now I have to room to write this down and won't do this in the future.

Have to get ready for treatments will post later.

Hugs BB
Old 05-03-2006, 09:57 AM   #13  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

'ello girlies, I just wokeup! *yawns* I don't do coffee....but I love me some bigelow french vanilla tea....good for taking care of sweet cravings.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:17 AM   #14  
Determined Loser!

GOOOOOD MORNING EVERYONE!

It's a beautiful day today! Sun is shining and I have my last exam today yay! Unfortunatly it's my hardest one...erg...calculus. I've never been a star at math.

Ruth: Hope you feel better!

Cottage: Good for you for keeping OP

Chipper: Have fun grocery shopping

Debbie: Gratz on the loss!!

Lottie: French Vanilla tea!? That sounds delish!

Everyone else: Hello!

I didn't go to the gym this morning because I didn't want to be all tired for my exam. Unfortunatly that's left me feeling quite sluggish. I think I will pop in after my exam for a quick run before work.

Wish me luck everyone!!
Old 05-03-2006, 10:21 AM   #15  
South Beach Life Style

Good luck with your Math test Jazz.. I am sending good vibes your way...
Closed Thread