South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 01:46 PM   #16  

Oh, and I'm actually below my ticker. Yeah!!! Down to 142 this morning. I just need to drink enough this weekend and I should do fine.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:48 PM   #17  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

TGIF Everyone!

I'm so glad the weekend is coming, so I can finally catch up on my sleep! Today has been a busy day. I had a dentist appointment this morning, and then I am going to a grad school reception in an hour. Of course, I'm sure there will be plenty of and to go around so I'm going to try and be careful. The good news is that I stepped on Mr. Scale this morning and my slacking off in the last two weeks hasn't really hurt me that much. I haven't really gained anything (whew!) Now I just have to concentrate on eating OP and getting that exercise in and hopefully I'll be able to move my ticker soon!

Have a great weekend!
Old 04-21-2006, 02:37 PM   #18  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Man there must be something in the air everywhere, with as many of us fighting our allergies. This is ridiculous.

RNMOM - Well, I managed to get the fungo-grunge out of my eyes, but my eyes are itchy and bloodshot, and I have huuuuuuuuge bags of luggage hanging below them. Stupid nice weather. Give me 95, sunshine, a pool that's had a solar cover on it, a day off, and some freon in my car and I'm a happy camper.

Schnatzo - No, actually my last day here is May 5, and my orientation at Hollywood is May 6. Then I have 4-5 weeks of "intense training" and after that, I go to Key West. Get me oriented, trained, and I'm going on vacation! I wish I had a break but I don't.

Well, I had my boss (who isn't here today... did I get a day off this week?) leave me 10 things to do when I already had my day full of things that have to be done today, and one of the things he added is to go to Sam's and get desserts for next Friday so I don't have to be gone at all next week. Well, it's 1:30 and my lunch is about over, and I still have a ton of stuff to do so I don't know if it's going to happen today. I'm off at 3:00 and have an appointment right after work. Too bad.

Trying to behave myself today since I've been just awful all week. I had a granola "fruit and nut" bar for breakfast, a cheese stick and 4 RF Triscuits for a snack, a salad with LF dressing and a whole wheat bagel with butter spray for lunch, and in an hour I'll have a FF yogurt to hold me through my hair appointment. I've actually considered starting Ph1 next week and doing that for two weeks just to detox since I haven't been sugar-free in Lord knows how long. I'll have to think about it this weekend. I have plenty of fresh veggies in my fridge. Ah crap, I'll have to eat up my Thai food in the fridge this weekend if I decide to go Ph1. Oh well, I think I'll live right?

Hope you girls have a great day.

Lisa
Old 04-21-2006, 03:13 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 155/152/130

Afternoon all!!
Well I was reading everyones post this am and said "gosh, I am gald I don't have any allergies acting up" and than I went outside and I have a headache my eyes hurt....And I feel fat!!
I haven't stepped on the scale lately... I will wait till Sunday...
I am sitting here typing and my 2 youngest one are having chocolate....they are killing me!!
Everyone have a great weekend!!!
Old 04-21-2006, 03:40 PM   #20  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Didn't get the Dyson. Out of the one I wanted, so came home and researched everywhere to find something with a good hepa filter. then called a vacuum repair place to get their option on vacuums, he said not to spend over $150 for something that won't last more than the normal 2 years. So, after all the research i found the Eureka Boss Smart Vac a whole lot cheaper than the Dyson. That I could pay for and not put on credit. Need to get masks for all the dust starting in the house this weekend. We get the wood in the morning to start my loft/exercise room. I am so excited. Maybe I'll all this exercise stuff I have. LOL
Well, gotta go and start some projects around here and watch my shows.
I'll pop in this weekend.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:37 PM   #21  

Hey all. Just checking in after work. Bad news on the car - blown head gasket. It'll be expensive, but I've got to get it fixed. Also will be without a car for several days. Thinking about renting a car for the weekend.

Thanks for all the good thoughts about people that got laid off yesterday. The lady that lives near me did still keep her job - she just didn't get my message until late last night. Found out today that the folks that lost their jobs yesterday can have HR submit their resumes to our parent company and other affiliates to see if they can get hired on at one of those companies. So that's good news for them.

So many people with allergies! I'm right there with you. 'Tis the season. Cottage, Weezle, and everyone else that's feeling crappy today - hope you feel better soon!

Debbie - Hope you had a great day with the kids.
Ruth - I'll bet that was a good feeling finally getting the windows done. Hope your next visit to the doc comes back with better news.
Pear - Woo-hoo! on the wardrobe victory.
Chipper - Sorry the vacuum thing didn't work out. Sounds like your new loft/exercise room will be really cool!
Lotus - Good luck with the poster contest!
AnnaRenee - Welcome back! We still have a spot for your beach towel.
RN - Hope you enjoyed your pampering day. One of my friends wants to go to a day spa when she turns 40 in August. I've never been to one before, and am really looking forward to it.
Crock - Wow, what a shocker about your friend's wife! So sorry to hear about that. Hope they can find out what happened.
Barb - Hope Brian feels better. Congrats on the ticker victory!
Crk - Great job on keeping the status quo while being so busy!

Hi to everyone else. Have a great weekend!
Old 04-21-2006, 07:28 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm feeling a little better, but I can't seem to stop sneezing! I brought all the kids back to my house after school today, so at least I was in the comfort of my own home. I sure hope today was the worst of it.

RNMOM ~ What is a kenalog? I"ve never heard of it. Thanks for offering to take care of the little ones today. If you were closer I would have gladly turned them over to you! You're a real sweetheart.

Chipper ~ I'm glad you didn't waste your money on the Dyson. I know two of my friends own them, and after the first few months they are ready to throw them out. I have an Oreck that is about 7 or 8 years old, and I LOVE it, it really does the job, and it has the hepa filter, too.

We don't have any plans for the weekend yet. Tomorrow is supposed to be a real washout, heavy rain expected all day and more on Sunday. We do need it, so I won't complain. Time to go and have another cup of tea - probably my 50th cup today!
Old 04-21-2006, 07:38 PM   #23  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Cottage, I hear ya girl. I just sneezed, but that's not what the problem has been all day. I feel like I've been yelling (concert, sporting event, etc) and my throat is just shot. I haven't been yelling, not even talking a whole lot, but my voice is going to be disappearing by the end of the night, I'm sure.

Terry is one lucky man.

Hope everyone's allergies go away soon!
Old 04-21-2006, 09:07 PM   #24  
RNMOM

Default Good evening

Well, it's been a "me" day today and it ain't over yet? "I" went running "I" went tanning "I" went and had some laser hair removal (I work there so it's free) "I" am going to color my hair tonight (used to be a cosmetologist.....I won't do a Schatzi) "I" am going to give myself a manicure "I" did NOT cook dinner. It's just my dd and me so she got a burger and I got chili and salad. SO how's that for selfish. I was pretty weepy yesterday so I felt I needed a treat. I don't do this do dang often. DH comes home tomorrow and I'll have to go back to behaving so I splurged.

Cottage, kenalog is a steroid shot that helps with severe allergies. It may be worth investigating if you keep being miserable. Come on over and bare your hip and I'll give it to ya!

Well, off to do the manicure.

Hugs
Old 04-21-2006, 10:18 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 240/210.5/150

hope everyone had a wonderful day.
i got honorable mention for my poster (3rd place) so i got 100 bucks!!!
a close friend also got 3rd and another good friend got first! so it was a great day.
hope everyone has a nice evening...
*has a celebration drink*
Closed Thread