South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 01:54 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 139/139/125 or 9 stone goal

Height: 5'2

Today is day 4 and starting to get over the cravings. Which is great, but I am so thirsty. I have absolutley no problem filling my water quota. Is anyone else having this problem? plus a slight headache, but that is expected.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:11 PM   #17  
Determined

Smile Hello Everyone!!!

Hello,
Everyone, I have already posted before, but this is going to be my first time to SBD and I am kind of excited. I started dieting on Monday originally, this was on my own. I have been trying to watch what I eat and have been doing tybo for 30 minutes a night. I have gotten very sore, so I know I am doing the right thing. I have been drinking alot of water. I even bought them slimquick tablets (fat burners for women). Well this morning before work, I made the mistake of getting on the scale and noticed that I have not lost 1 pound. Of course I came to work and was very discouraged and depressed. I talked to my Fiances step daughter and she told me about this website, so I got on and looked. I had been considering doing this diet and now, after reading. It makes me want to do this. I think the hardest thing for me is cutting the alcohal for 14 days. We have poker parties on the weekends, so this is going to be serious will power. I do need to go purchase the book, for a better perspective, but I have been looking at some of the recipes you all have posted and it really doesn't look that bad.

My goal isn't to extreme, I am a small girl to begin with, but I have gained a little weight over the winter. 13 pounds is what I want to lose. I am getting married May 19th and I pray to god I could accomplish this. IS THIS IMPOSSIBLE IN PHASE 1??? and all the other phases SB does??

Well thanks for all the wonderful info on this sight and I look forward to your responses.

Sharis
Old 03-09-2006, 09:26 PM   #18  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 230/228/150

Height: 5' 4"

I just started SBD again on Monday. Lost 40 lbs. on it last spring and summer. Then there was Halloween,Thanksgiving,and Christmas. Needless to say, I have gained 30 lbs. back. Holidays should not be allowed!!!!
Anyway, I'm back into the swing of things. Good job to all of us!
Old 03-09-2006, 10:06 PM   #19  

Quote:
Just a question. I have read so many things the past few days - I thought my book said if you work out with SB that you could start/should start on phase 2? Is this correct & how much exercise are we talking about?
Hunter's mom, you may have gotten that info from reading various posts here... Some folks feel fatigued, lightheaded , weak and wonky when they begin on phase 1, so some opt to not introduce exercise during the intial phase or until they begin to feel like themselves again. If you are just starting to exercise try to start with 20 mins to 30 and work up from there. You might try walking first.. Some folks love the Walk away the pounds series by Denise Austin.. Check out the Fitness forum for info on good videos or exercises...!

Re: The daily menu posted-- just a build here.. aim for at least 4 cups of veggies a day

Broomy--
Quote:
Is it such a big deal if we have 3 caffeinated beverages per day?
GOOD GAWD I hope not !!! I need 3 Cups of cawfee just to get my heart started! I haven't had a problem with it..

Britmum
Quote:
Today is day 4 and starting to get over the cravings. Which is great, but I am so thirsty. I have absolutley no problem filling my water quota. Is anyone else having this problem? plus a slight headache, but that is expected.
Yes, some folks have noted that they do get more thirsty on phase 1..You might want to check the amount of Sodium you are consuming.. That was the culprit for me!

Sharis, I think I answered a part of your questions on another thread... for your size and frame and about 8 weeks till May 19.. it might be close to 13 pounds.. Some folks opt to stay on phase 1 for 3 weeks... others opt to do what we call phase 1.5.. We add back the good carbs slowly, and not many at once. For example, some will add just a sourdough or WW muffin in the morning and stay phase 1 the rest of the day.. You also might want to run your calories thru www.fitday.com... alot of weight loss is about calories in and calories out.. you can use the weight loss forcaster to determine how many cals you need to reduce in order to loose X pounds by X date...
Just lose weight safely and in a healthy way darlin'
Regarding thoses slim quick tablets... We have a thread called " Does it work"...here is a link to the discussion and good information on those pills...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...ight=slimquick

Good Work everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2006, 12:11 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 172.5/172.5/130

Thanks Schatzi

I haven't felt bad yet, maybe a bit sluggish in the morning but I have my coffee & that seems to do the trick. I have been walking some - we have a long road up to our house that's perfect, I have tried the yoga/pilates tape but with a 2 year old it works much better for him to get on his 4 wheeler & truck right along with me, otherwise he's try to jump on top of me & play because I'm in the floor. I will look for the tape you suggested - I am assuming this is something I can do indoors. That would be great for when we do have cold weather - not often but when we do. Texas is a strange place for weather - you wake up it's cold you get home it's hot lately. crazy...I need something for indoors.

We had a huge storm last night that knocked down part of the barn so that started a pretty stressful day - I had to call my husband to come home & fix it, then I went into work late & the day went down hill from there. Thankfully, I had prepared my food last night so I was able to stay on track.

I hope everyone's day went better than mine & thanks for all the great information & help. Take care.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:43 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 177/154/135

Just wanted to let you you all know that Walk Away the Pounds is Leslie Sansone. (not denise Austin, although she has good stuff too!)

I love Walk away the POunds. you can google it for her web site and you can find the tapes on ebay and amazon.com too for cheaper probably!
Old 03-10-2006, 07:54 AM   #22  

OOps! Thanks Debbie!!!
Old 03-11-2006, 07:08 AM   #23  

Okay ladies, how have you done so far? Is the weekend daunting or what? I have to say that I cheated (treated as Dr A likes to say) last night. My family and I went to the neighbours and had cocktails while the kids played. She made Melontini's for the wives, they were FANTASTIC!!!! Not sickly either. Vodka, melon liquor and pinapple juice. But the best part, when I got up today I have lost 4lbs this week!! That's shocking! In a good way. I've NEVER done that before. So YEA to South Beach.

TODAY IS GOING TO BE A GOOD DAY. Even with the rotton weather we have coming.
Old 03-11-2006, 07:13 AM   #24  

Hunters mom. How is the barn? I have a little guy who will turn 2 in May and he thinks its fun to climb all over mummy too when she is trying to exercise at home. It's hard to concentrate on your deep breathing when you have a hot wheel stuck up your nose!
Closed Thread