South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 12:41 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 163/150/129

Default Great SBD links!

Thanks to all for making me feel so welcome! About the dried fruit question, I have great links that are printable versions of allowed foods on Phases 1 and 2. Someone had posted them on the pay SBD website, which I am still subscribed to until the end of this week. These are free links I'm posting here.

The first one is allowed foods on Phase 2.
http://www.geocities.com/bbert123/Phase2.pdf
This next one is about adapting to phase 1--creating your own meals.
http://www.geocities.com/bbert123/Phase1Adapt.pdf
Next is adapting to Phase 2
http://www.geocities.com/bbert123/Phase2Adapt.pdf
Next is Phase 1 allowed foods.
http://www.geocities.com/bbert123/Phase1.pdf

You can print these up and post them on the fridge!
Old 03-01-2006, 12:58 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

So I SERIOUSLY pigged out last night on Tex-Mex and it was SO GOOD and SO WORTH IT and even though it prob set me back a bit, it was my fat tuesday celebration. Next 40 days are serious... think I'm going to set a goal for myself for Lent. 10 Pounds in Lent and I'm adding a ticker... Here I go WHEEEEE!
Old 03-01-2006, 01:16 PM   #33  

Sun - Curves has hydraulic resistance machines that work out different parts of the body (arms, legs, waist). Sort of like weight machines, but the resistance is from the hydraulic arm instead of a counter weight. Basically, the faster you go, the more resistance. Between each machine is what they call a recovery station, where you can walk in place (or whatever) so that you can keep your heart rate up to a good workout level.

Not sure if they still have this policy or not, but I think you can just walk into any Curves and ask for a demo. If they're smart (and want a potential new member) they'd be glad to show you!
Old 03-01-2006, 01:25 PM   #34  
GARDENING ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamacita
Sunlit...I'm one of those whose first inclination when confronted with comments like that is to be snarky. I think I'd have said something like "tell you what...you go out on your lunch hour and buy me a pair of pants that fit properly if they disturb you so much. If you don't wish to do that, how about shutting the #ell up?" Then smile sweetly and walk away.
I'm with you mamacita!! Where do some people get off anyway??
That is the one good thing about having to wear uniforms to work~~you aren't expected to wear the latest fashion and you can wear the same things over again each month.

Soon~~ I'm going to Calif to visit my dad & sister in May and I want a little color on my body before I go. The visit will be difficult enough, all by itself, without me being the only pale one there. I do not look forward to dealing with my sister

Welcome Red
Old 03-01-2006, 02:06 PM   #35  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Well ladies, I was a domestic goddess yesterday and even managed to get some strength training in. While I am sure I did not hit my 64 oz of water I got pretty dang close...The downfall of the day was the off plan dessert YIKES! I will be going to the gym to kill the chocolate with cardio tonight. I am going to buy a scale today...my husband thinks it is a waste of money since i can just weigh myself at the gym...

Drink your water, watch what you eat, and shake what your mamma gave ya!

freaky - glad you dont have to shell out a ton of $$$ to get it fixed. I can relate to you on the eating thing, I can exercise with the best of them...we need to be STRONG!!!That is halarious about your computer wallpaper, I need to do that!

ruth - dogs are an excellent part of like ruth, I am a yuppy with a puppy instead of a child lol

maureennn - nice to meet you, welcome to the board. I think you will like it here, we are a great group of ladies!

kiko - thanks for the encouragement, I needed that girl...

3darlingsmomma - congrats on not turning to food, sounds like you are stressed, I hope things get better.

heather - I agree pizza should be wiped off the face of this earth, good plan with the water...

annarenee- GET TO WORK lol

debbie - We are all whiners, just have to change from writing about it to DOING it, use it as motivation girl...

yesican - WELCOME!!!

soon - I will message you later about AVON

sunlit - that is awful! Who cares if your pants are too long...their YOUR pants...I would have given them an earful...

kellyj - ooooh fudge brownies, you are the devil...

mamacita - I agree with you on the advice for sunlit lol

usmchoney - still keeping you and yours in my thought hun

sarahslacker - its good to gorge every once in a while, when I do it reminds me of how sick i get of the food I just ate...goodluck with your lent goal.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:09 PM   #36  

Haha, Mamacita, good idea. Unfortunately, my first instinct is almost always to be apologetic. Then I spend a little time feeling ashamed, then I steam right on into angry.

Mostly, I don't care now. I think he meant well. And I'm going to wear a skirt tomorrow.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:17 PM   #37  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

Busy again this morning,infact the whole week I was told I'll be off the computer in the mornings.Going to the doctors for a blood test,and Fri I have a furneral to sing for at my church choir.

Brrr!! its bitter cold outside and we're expecting snow for tomorrow. Wish the winter was over, I want to be able to take my walks along the beach again.

Hows every one doing???????????

Oh DEBBIE Don't get frustrated,we're all been there with the old scales doesn't want to budge. One night of pepperoni pizza,shouldn't do that to you or me or anyone. The scale will go down for you real soon.

YESICAN to the daily,you right theres lots of support here.

RUTHThanks for the dried fruit update.

SUNLITEDon't listen to other people about your pants. I find if THEY can't say anything nice THEY SHOULD KEEP THEIR BIG MOUTH CLOSED.

KELLYBe care with that brownie recipe its delish......and I decdied not to make it that often as is very temping.

USMCHONEYsending some healing :vibes for your little one.

MAUREENThanks for the web sites

SARAHI'm doing the same lental challenge to lose 2lbs in 40ty days. Thats all I want,is that too much to ask.WISHING you:luck: luck and good: vibes that you'll get there.

Have a nice day Hugs BB
Old 03-01-2006, 02:23 PM   #38  
RNMOM

Default Remember me?????

I'm the long- lost -can't-find -the- beach -towel-during-February-chicklet! Wow! I don't know what happened during February, but I was sure missing in action. I might have posted 3 times and ate right MAYBE 5 times.
Excuses?.......
son left for Ft Bliss to go to Iraq
birthday
too much homework
stressed
not enough sunshine (this is really true for me)

Took a sick day today from the ER and I'm getting focused while I stay home sick.

So, it's the first of the month and I'm in for the March madness. I need the support from here, not to come here. There are so many new "faces I haven't met yet, so I'll not do individual posts, but hi everyone.

Ruth, is it too late to post for the March challenge? I wanna see the scales moving in the right direction!
Old 03-01-2006, 03:01 PM   #39  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

yikes!! there are a ton of posts so I'm off to read them all.

Just wanted to say Happy March and we are that much closer to spring...

need a good snack now, hmm....probably ought to lay off the cheese, but I love cheese, lay off the cheese, but I love cheese, lay off the cheese, but I love cheese, lay off the cheese, but I love cheese, lay off the cheese...
Old 03-01-2006, 03:32 PM   #40  
Mommy x 4

S/C/G: 230/160/150

Hello, my name is Leona.....I am a Mother to 4 wonderful children.....well not really children.......25, 22, 21 and 5.....I have used this site for my weight loss in the past and found the support to be wonderful, diet ideas at my fingertips, recipes that close as well. So here I go again time now to lose the rest of it.

New to sb diet.........not new to dieting.........used Atkins to remove the bulk I was carrying.......now need to shed the clingon weight........not bad I have maintained a loss of 70 lbs for a cpl yrs now......I stopped thinking BIG.......no more Big clothes, no more Big meals........it made dieting easier.....thought of myself as a smaller person and adjusted my life to it......HEY it worked for me! I also adjusted my goals........130 lbs was not realistic for my body.....and really.......its not the number on the scale so much as how much more my body can do now........I can run stairs, I can chase my lil guy in the park.......I can squeeze between vehicles to get to my car.....hahahaha.....its the lil things really that make a difference, how my clothes feel and the way I view my body.....I learned to be happy with the flaws.........I am not 20 anymore and I feel no need to look it! I have hips! Always will.

Cheers Ladies
Leona
Old 03-01-2006, 04:26 PM   #41  
Just do it!

Maureen- Thanks for the links! Just what I was looking for instead of carrying around my book
Old 03-01-2006, 04:38 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Hey Leona! Just wanted to say welcome to the forum! Gets a little goofy in here sometimes but that's what makes it fun... I congratulate you on making a step in the right direction... I've tried Adkins before and SB is just so different... really feels like a lifestyle change...
Old 03-01-2006, 05:52 PM   #43  
South Beach Life Style

Man ole Man what a busy thread we have today..

I will catch up after while,, one quick question,,,,,, can we frie eggs in canola,, i am thinking yes,, but not sure,,
made a ham roast today,, very good..... but still craving SALAD,, I swear I am turning into a rabbit....
I want to make an omlet with the left over ham for breakfast... soooooooooo just check about the fried,, if I choose to have it.. want to make sure...

Take Care All
Old 03-01-2006, 09:19 PM   #44  

Holy Cannoli (whole wheat with lowfat cheese of course!!) it has been busy around here today. Just checking to see how everyone's day was. Mine was awful- but I am proud to say I didn't use food to ease my frustration!

RNMom Welcome back!!!! You know we loves ya!!

Off to scrub DD- just wanted to say hello!
Old 03-01-2006, 09:28 PM   #45  

Leona, I enjoyed reading your post...we have a lot of the same philosophies.
Closed Thread