South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 04:27 PM   #1  

Default 100 Pounds or More to lose

Is there anyone out there on the beach with 100 pounds or more to lose? I don't know if there is a thread like this out there already, I couldn't find one if there is, so I thought I would start this one.

My name is Sarah, I have 118 pounds to lose, I am in phase 2 of SBD and so far have lost 6 pounds. My weight loss has stalled or at least that's how it seems to me.

Sarah
Old 02-14-2006, 05:27 PM   #2  

I hope to lose at least 100 more pounds; I've lost 37 so far on the Beach. I'm kind of in Phase 2, because I eat at least one fruit or grain item each day.

I was skeptical at first, because of the higher fat content of many of the things SBD advises you to eat (nuts, oils, etc.) But it seems to be working. I'm actually having trouble eating enough calories because what I eat fills me up so well!

If you're stalled, are you eating enough? Drinking lots of water? I know somewhere up in the stickies, there is a post on dieting plateaus with good advice.

Good luck with your loss. It's definitely hard to see that 100 pounds yet to go. I'm toying with the idea of setting up some kind of mini-goal to break it up a bit. Probably other Beachers will have ideas for you, too!
Old 02-14-2006, 07:37 PM   #3  
South Beach Life Style

I have over 100 lbs to lose also, I am on week two of Phase I, I have lost 11 lbs so far, MY phase II starts on Monday, I just bought some of the Phase I frozen dinners, and ohhhhhmyyyy they are VERY GOOD.. take care all..
Old 02-14-2006, 08:07 PM   #4  

Height: 5'2"

I want to lose 100 too. So far i have lost 42 so I am on my way. It's much easier to do it with the support of everyone here. The beach is the way to do it.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:19 PM   #5  

Default Oh I'm so glad

I am so glad there are others here that are in the same boat as me, I was beginning to wonder about this site, not that losing any amount of weight isn't hard to do, it just seemed like most of the posts I have been seeing on here only need to lose 50 or less pounds.

I don't think I have been eating enough, I tend to end up skipping my snacks and I haven't been real good about drinking my water. I am re-evaluating the way I have been doing things. Yesterday I had my dh buy a bag of oranges so I have something for snacks and I bought some seven grain bread that I really like. One day at a time!

I splurged last night and had a hot fudge cake after my valentine's dinner with my dh. Oh well, back on plan today. I am not letting it get me down, I made the choice to eat it and it's done, I can't un-eat it.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:51 PM   #6  
Bird Nerd

I have more than 100 to lose. I lost the first 55 or so on stict low cal diets. I just switched to SB because I heard that I wouldn't feel as hungry. So far so good. I have lost about 12 pounds on SB which I think is really good since I started with my body already used to eating healthy. I was afraid I wouldn't lose weight. Anyway - it seems to be working for me.
Good luck and you are not alone!
Old 02-15-2006, 01:03 PM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, Beachies!

I had more than 100 pounds to lose...I'm almost there, but this last bit is taking what feels like FOREVER to come off. I was prepared for this, but didn't realize how SLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW it would be.

I'm worried about you chickies that aren't getting enough calories. Think I'll start a thread about that so everyone can share strategies. If you're getting less than 1200, you're at risk of damaging your health and you are likely to not lose weight, which kind of defeats the purpose, eh?

Sarah, make SURE you get your snacks, okay? Plan them out like your meals, make them at night and get them ready to take with, etc. And if you have an orange, have a cheese stick or nuts with it, okay? Protein will help you stay full longer and keep you from craving. Try posting your daily menu here so we can help, okay? But your insight is probably correct...not enough calories, and you'll stall.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:53 PM   #8  

Default Today menu

Here is my menu so far today.

today's menu -
b - egg/seafood salad, lf mayo, 1/2 can diet coke
s - skipped (I know bad, bad, bad, I'm working on this)
l - 1/2 ceasar salad, broccoli cheddar soup, iced tea
s - 1 orange, 4 pieces cheddar cheese (thin/small), 1/2 c 1% milk
d - not sure yet
s - not sure yet

Does everyone count calories to make sure they don't go over 1200 or to make sure they are getting at least 1200? I was under the impression from the book that we didn't have to count anything. Is this not correct?

Thanks for the help!
Old 02-15-2006, 04:26 PM   #9  

Me me!! My highest weight - sometimes around Christmas was 256 and I want to be about 150. I've already lost some - but it's for sure dropping faster now that I'm on SBD. I started Phase 2 this week - but I guess it's really more like 1 1/2 because all I'm adding in is some type of grain in the morning - a whole grain bagel or english muffin or else a bowl of cereal. So we'll see how it goes.

Heather
Old 02-15-2006, 04:27 PM   #10  

I don't know about the calorie thing - I don't count anything - but I might start doing something like that if I stopped losing. But for now - just sticking with the general principles of SBD is working well for me.

Heather
Old 02-15-2006, 04:42 PM   #11  

I have more than 100 to lose and have lost 12 pounds already. There is a group called the 100lbs. club. I think South Beach is a great diet and it gets put in with all the fad diets. I was watching TV one day and they were saying there was a study that says Low Fat diets are not good for women. That the great thing about SB it's not low fat it's about good fats. Also it's not low carb it's the right ones. Really when you look at what you end up eating it is very reasonable plus you don't get hungry. Also I love that all the cravings go away. Does it matter when you eat your snacks? I like to eat mine a few hours after dinner.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:57 PM   #12  
It's 2014, I need help!

S/C/G: 298/298/180

Hi Everyone!

I want to lose around 95 pounds.. I'm currently 255 pounds (was 258 on monday, but started SBD that day and lost three pounds so far..)
I'm glad you started this thread, it's nice to know there are others out there like us! We'll all have to be eachothers support system! I wish everyone the best, and always remember why you're doing this...
Old 02-23-2006, 01:46 PM   #13  

Default Help

Hi, I have been plateaued for weeks now, I know I'm not doing things exactly as I should be, my resolve is waning (is that the right word), it's that TOM and I am feeling like throwing in the towel. I'm not going to, but I am really feeling like it. I feel like this mountain is just sooooo big to climb

I do have a new incentive to lose this weight, my family and I are planning a trip to Disney World for October with another family, and I really want to have a lot of this weight off. You would think that would make me even more motivated. I don't know what the problem is, I just don't feel like dealing with it lately.

Anyone have this going on, or have you been in this funk before?

When I started on this journey I was super motivated, and I felt really good, I even had a mental picture of my thin and healthy self (still do on most days), I really felt like this time things are different, so I don't know what's happening to me. I don't want to concentrate on what I'm eating, I feel confused about what I should be eating. UGHHGHHHHHGHGGH! I hate this!! Make it stop!!

I have been on SBD since January and have only lost 6 pounds.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:55 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 260/257.5/180

I had 102#'s to lose when I started. I lost 40# by eating 600 cals. a day. I decided Tuesday (2/21/06) to start Weight Watchers with a friend. So far 2 1/2#'s gone.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:39 PM   #15  

I’ve been slacking on everything. But that is going to stop right now!!!

I have had some rough days on this diet journey lately, it’s that TOM and I have been eating chocolate, that’s right, I’ve given in to the cravings, I couldn’t help it, I couldn’t stop myself.

This past weekend we went out with another couple and I had triple layer chocolate cake with caramel topping it was so rich, but I ate the whole dang piece, MMMMMMMM, it was good. You would think I would stop there, but no, last night when I went to get something to eat, I had Longhorn’s firecracker chicken wraps as an appetizer and then proceeded to eat bread with my dinner, plus the baked sweet potato, I was a pig. And it gets better, as if all that wasn’t bad enough, after we got home I went back out to the grocery store and bought myself a piece of double layer chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. It was a little dry, I was a little disappointed! But I ate the whole thing!!!

Today I am trying to stay on track though, normally with this many cheats I would have thrown in the towel and just said the heck with dieting all together, but I’m back on plan, so that’s got to mean something, right?

All week I have felt down and out, like I just don’t want to deal with it anymore. I am finally starting to come out of that funk, thank GOD! I think that is what I’m going to have to do, is ask God to help with this, because I am realizing that I cannot do this on my own anymore.

I'm done ranting now, thanks for listening.
Closed Thread