South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 07:33 PM   #16  

Ariannas -

I have SO been where you are at right now!!!! MANY times!! In fact - I have not dieted in years because I just flat was not in the mood. And that is how I got to the weight I'm at. That and two pregnancies - being pregnant - that is just an excuse to eat what you want. Nursing? Just another good excuse to not diet.

When I was in high school - the summer between my Jr. and Sr. year - I crept from a size 12 to a size 14. And I decided - ok - that is it - and I went on my first REAL diet. I took dextrims and basically only drank orange juice and ate rolls for lunch at school. At dinner - I ate a tiny bit of whatever I was forced to eat - and that was it. By the end of my senior year I weighed 105 pounds. I had a picture of myself at that weight - and showed it to my current circle of friends and they were horrified at how I looked. I seriously looked at that picture - and still - to this day - at age 31 - I do not see myself in that picture realistically. Until they pointed it out - I really did not see anythign wrong with how I looked. How screwed up is that?????

Food issues have plagued me forever - I am an emotional eater - but not like - eat because I'm depressed - but eat when I'm HAPPY - like - ok - losing all this weight has had me flying on cloud 9 - and that has been making me want to celebrate - by going out to eat!!! I also eat for just about any good reason I can think of - lol.

It's a continual uphill battle. I am doing better this time than I have done - ever. What is motivating me this time - is that I am seeing that I am having trouble keeping up with my kids - ages 3 and 1 - and I can not enjoy things like swimming with them. For example - I'd like to put my 1 year old in a Mommy and Me Swim class - but I can't because of my weight.

Another thing that has helped me this time - is that I have a great support group of friends. For the first time in my life I have REAL women friends - and they are all thinner than me - lol - but I have forced myself to drop the embarassment and get honest - and I'm glad i did. My friends are so behind me - and so that is a little extra pressure!! Normally - when I diet - I do not tell ANYONE - because I don't want the pressure - but this time - I decided the pressure is just what I needed. I went to a little dinner with some friends this past week - and they made a pasta dish - and do you know they made whole wheat pasta just for me???? Now how great is that??????

Really Arianna - if I can do it - you can do it. I started this journey at 256 4 weeks ago - and now I'm at 239. Yes - I've had some setbacks - I had a pizza binge last week - and it took me a week of being perfect to recover from the weight that made me gain. The key is - if you DO cheat - don't overdo it - and get RIGHT BACK in the swing of things the next day.

I'm by NO means an expert - but I'm 31 years old and have been struggling with my weight my whole life. And I've done Weight Watchers, Atkins, starvation dieting, I've taken Formula One and been on Adipex - and the only reason I have never been bulimic is because I could not make myself throw up - but trust me I tried!!!

Seriously - I am feeling so on top of my game right now! I think for me - what is working this time - is being honest with myself about the situation - and letting others in on what I'm doing. And, I joined the YMCA and I've been hauling my butt to Spinning - and even though I can't do the workout at the intensity that most of the class does - I am doing a pretty damn good job of keeping up. And - I have been doign Pilates - and it has a lot of things in there that frankly - my big butt is too heavy to get myself up off the floor - but I'm still going - even though yes it is a little embarassing - I just have learned to laugh it off - and in those classes I've gotten a lot of support as well!!!

SO anyway - what I'm saying is - just get back on the beach!!! I really and truly think this diet is the way to go. My mom hit a plateau and her weight stalled for THREE WEEKS and then suddenly one day she was down 4 pounds. She was about to throw in the towel - but she didn't and it paid off.

GOod luck!!!!
Heather

Last edited by texasheathers; 02-26-2006 at 06:47 AM.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:43 AM   #17  

just wanted to say that Laurie is right.. gotta make sure you get your snacks in. i don't know how it is for everyone else.. but, if i don't get my snacks in, then i'm way more hungry during the day.. also, if i don't get my water in.. snacks and water=very important. you girls are all doing well, keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread