South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 12:19 PM   #31  
gotta lose it!

sarah - don't worry - those 8's will be fitting in no time!
Old 02-15-2006, 12:51 PM   #32  
beachbum

Hi Ladies I'm back again

Had lots to do this morning.Now to get my exercising in before I head out to my choir practice.

Sun is shinning and the temps are going up too the 50's melting all that snow we had this weekend. Maybe next week I can take at walk along the beach,but right now its going to be indoor tapes.

Meg=Don't get frustrated as gaining is expected in Phase 2 your adding more calories.But its just temperary. You lose again but this time SLOWLY. Speaking for myself it sometimes gets very trying.Doing everything right and than a gain happens.You just continue on the weight loss journey.

Kyemom=crossing my fingers for you to have a good w-i.

usmchoney-Welcome It hard to enter Phase 2 but,you have to go SLOWLY as I found out the second time around.

Barb=Your little candy episode is not going to bring you down,after having a healthy meal.We all indulge once in a while. Even Dr A. omits that.

Ms Crocket=I wouldn't use them[breakfast bars],except for a extreme emergency,or maybe once in a whie.

Soon-My,you're a busy little beaver with all that activity going on. Hope you'll be able to get to see your family im Ohio.

Demeter=Best of luck with your new ring.Thats the prefect gift wear it in good health.

Sara=Sorry about the gain,but your right you'll lose that,as soon as you get back on the beach along with exercising.

Hugs BB
Old 02-15-2006, 12:53 PM   #33  
Mom to 3 Great Kids

Hi everyone, I'm new to this website and South Beach. I've read the book and I'm ready to get started. I've been reading and reading as much info as I can so I'm open for any and all advice you may have. I think my only challenge will be dinner time, mainly because I have a very picky husband and 2 of my children are just as picky as he is. I do not want to cook myself something different than everyone else so I want to work this WOE into all our lives. I'm planning on making a side dish that they can enjoy as well as a side dish and entree that I can enjoy, that way we are all covered.

I need to lose at least 50 pounds, I've already lost 60 pounds but have been in a stand still for about a year now.

I hope there is room here for me!

Tyra
Old 02-15-2006, 01:57 PM   #34  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Ok so Vday was a big disaster for me eating wise. I am not going to tempt you ladies by listing off all the yummy things I cheated with. I did get a mad sugar headache from it all, and could not sleep worth a darn. I made myself go to the gym and did an hour and a half of vigorous cardio. I have to go out of town tonight to shoot a state wrestling tournament. I will be shooting like 12 hour days until I return on Sunday Morning. I am bringing my free weights with me and I hope my hotel has a gym (I am thinking no though) I will have to kick it up a notch when I get back on Sunday. Honestly the biggest hurdle for me is going to be the fact that my meals are comped. I am from a big city, but when we moved to our small town they have NOTHING as far as food goes. Now going back to the big city and instructed to eat where I want just 'turn in your receipt' I am afraid it will be all fettucine all the time. On one hand I really want to stay OP and having my meals paid for means I can try some higher priced SB ok stuff ( like salmon, seafood etc...) BUt on the other hand I am making the paper I work for a deal on my photo fee so that they would include my meals in my payment. So I need to get my moneys worth...since it will be really hard work. Well I hope you all stay OP, I won't be on until Sunday probably.

schazti - your crazygirl go take a nap. You always make me laugh though.

freaky - that lemon chicken sounds yummmy mmmmm...great job on getting your workout in even with tom

cottage - I have heard that the portion sizes in france are a lot smaller, they also make lunch their biggest meal of the day. There is a book out called French Women Dont Get Fat haha

weezle - schools are battlegrounds for illnesses. I do not know how you do it. Listen to your instructor on the tendonitus...don't want to overdo it.

usmchoney - Welcome!

kyemom - what discipline, you are my motivation

Demeter - what a tease! Jewelry is jewelry though It sounds beautiful.

MsCrockett - cauliflower donuts, if only, I would be so healthy...

sarah - I am so glad you had fun at the beach. Vacations are meant to be enjoyed, I think you will take it back off.

3darlingsmomma - Welcome to the forum, congrats on all the loss, 60 lbs is quite an accomplishment.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:00 PM   #35  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

OK! Away we go!

Schnatzo: Enjoy that nice weather! Going to be high 40's here today, but apparently it's not going to stay nice for long!

Freakazoid: Way to be on the exercise. I'm never going to catch up! You rock, girl!

Mamacita: I was LESS germ-o-phobic when I worked in the lab than I am here! I used to get a leaky cup of pee all over me... eh. Change the scrub pants, wash the hands, no biggie. But do NOT come near my phone, do NOT come near my desk, and if you're sick get the **** out of my office!!!

Mamahulk: Congrats on working out!

Cottage: Not only are we Americans gluttons, but we're wasteful too. Our school has 5 foreign exchange students from Korea. One of the host moms was telling me that she thought the poor girl she was housing couldn't figure out the shower because she never let it run enough to get hot. Turns out, in Korea, they wet their wash cloth, turn the water off, and sit on the edge of the tub to wash themselves, and then turn the water back on to rinse and that's it. Yeesh.

Soon: Sounds like you had a fun morning. Hope things get better for you today!

KO: Sorry about being bummed and eating. Just pick yourself back up and get back to it!

Kiko: Enjoy your romantic evening!

Usmchoney: to the Beach! Join right in!

Ruthie: Hurray for more puppies!!!!!

Focused: When I get stalled, I try to up my exercise a little bit each day, make sure I'm getting my water, make sure I'm getting my required veggies, fiber, etc. Sometimes I get into a routine and don't think so much about what I'm eating every day, so I miss some things. Everyone plateaus, but you have to work through it. Once your body decides it's ready to drop more weight, you'll see more loss. Patience and hard work! It's hard to not self-defeat, but just keep perservering! You can do it!!!

Kyemom: Congrats on rocking the breakfast! Have fun at the circus!

MsCrockett: Way to go on no sweets yesterday!!! You rock!

Beach Bum: Yum! Soup!

Barb: At least it was dark chocolate, right? Antioxidants are good!

Demeter: My brother got his GF a mystic topaz. They're so cool!

SarahS: Get back on track! You'll be fine!

3darlingsmama: to you too! Pull up a beach blanket!

OK. Wow. So, I'm a bit of a today. It's definitely 2 days before my TOM. REEEOOOOWWWRRRRRR!!!! HISSSSSS!!!!!

I loathe my job. I applied for two more jobs today, one of which sounds perfect for me. Everyone who prays, please say a little prayer for me that I might find something that will make me happy and pay me what I'm worth. I don't want to be here anymore.

I'm also overly busy lately. I keep looking at the huge pile of dishes sitting in the sink and wonder when I'm going to get to them since DH won't do them. (Remember how he only worked a 1/2 day yesterday? Played video games.) Tonight after work, I have to deposit my paycheck, go teach piano, go home, change, wolf down a snack, and go to the Y for a volleyball doubleheader. I won't get home until 8:30, will have to eat a late dinner, and be in bed by 10. I'm just really tired of not knowing what's in store for me for the day until I glance at my calendar.

Well, time to get back to work. Again, please say a little prayer for me. I feel like my hair is standing straight up on end.

Lisa
Old 02-15-2006, 02:00 PM   #36  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Wow, so many posts, but that's what I get for coming in late today! I hope all of you are doing great today and having a wonderful day on your beach blankets!

So my miscarriage started this morning and I feel really cruddy. The worst of it is the cramping. It feels like my abdomen is trying to self-destruct. It's like TOM times five. At least it will (physically) be over soon and that will give me a bit of closure. At least I know that this child is safe with my other angel baby now

My Valentine's Day turned out pretty well. I got law school acceptance #3 so I'm 3/3 so far! (Six schools still have to get back to me and hopefully it's all good news...) It's going to be nice to have choices for the fall! I also have two scholarship offers, so definitely a good thing indeed. DH and I had a quiet evening at home. I watched Gilmore Girls and enjoyed it. Anxious to see what happens with Luke and Lorelai! Went to bed early. So exciting, I know, I can hardly get over it!

That's really all for me today! Have a great afternoon!
Old 02-15-2006, 02:01 PM   #37  
Live, Laugh, Love

Hi Steph!
Old 02-15-2006, 02:02 PM   #38  
Live, Laugh, Love

Default Geez

Hi Christina!
Old 02-15-2006, 04:07 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Tyra - Welcome! I think your idea is a good one, maybe for the first 2 weeks make them pasta or rice to go along with whatever you're having... I know that my BF has really enjoyed some of the meals that I've made so you should look through the recipe index and see if there's anything that looks appealing! The pizza for example...
Old 02-15-2006, 05:44 PM   #40  

Default just adding my hi for wed

we ate dinner at club (cesar salad w/chicken and ice water) and then on to play bridge last night. no candy for me. just passed two weeks on Phase I Monday but not adding carbs in yet--have a dinner with friends planned on Friday and saving up for a glass of wine! Hang in there all. Found a SB friendly recipe for creamed spinach that I am going to try Friday. Will let you all know how it turns out--if other guests like it and don't know it's a "diet" version it will be a winner.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:51 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 225/218/145

Hi Y'all... I just joined this forum today, and I started SB again on Monday. I'm hoping this time I will be able to adopt this WOE as a life plan, and not just a "quick fix".

Last year, I was on SB for 4 months, looking to lose some weight before an eagerly anticipated trip to Hawaii. It was great!!! I lost over 30 lbs. But, I treated and treated in Hawaii, and never looked back, so now all of that weight is back (along with 10 extra lbs.) and here I am.

This time, I want to do it just for me... no deadlines, no agendas.... just better health and well being. I look forward to sharing this journey with all of you. And, thank you for being there..
Closed Thread