South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 08:52 AM   #16  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Usmchoney, of course you may join us! to The Beach!
Old 02-15-2006, 09:03 AM   #17  

Ah Valentine's Day...old patterns snuck in and I overdid it on the chocolate. At least it was wonderful Belgian dark chocolate that DH brought back from last trip to Europe. I see others experienced this too...
Back to discipline today. Water, water, water and Phase I eating.

Must admit, part of what contributed to throwing caution to the wind is my frustration on Phase II. I lost 10 pounds, then sat and sat for 3 weeks with no lost...lost 2...had a minor eating excursion off plan Friday night and gained back the 2 pounds. I get REALLY frustrated with NO PROGRESS and find it hard to stay focused.

How do the rest of you handle the mental games...self defeating thoughts?
Meg
Old 02-15-2006, 09:12 AM   #18  
Kyemom

Wow..you girls are chatty this morning..still on a chocolate high? I was a good girl and did not eat any Valentine NONOs. Taking the kids to the circus tonight. It is a surprise!! I can't wait. DD has never been and she is 5...I know...bad mom!! I brough egg salad on whole grain bread for lunch, and I ate my SBD friendly breakfast!! 2 days in a row..I am rocking!! I have not weighed myself in like 2 weeks...scared as to what the scale might say. I am back on SBD for real now...can't wait to move my ticker again!!
Old 02-15-2006, 09:23 AM   #19  

I must admit that I am a little nervous about moving on to phase II. I'm having a hard time understanding how I will be losing weight by reintroducing food.

Focused, are you exercising? Maybe adding some exercise on varying your current exercise plan might help jumpstart some weightloss.

My only Valentine's Day splurge was a glass of wine and a hershey kiss. We went out for dinner, but I managed to stick to grilled chicken and veggies.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:29 AM   #20  
South Beach Life Style

WELL ,I made it through Valentines day without eating the sweets. I bough a SB dinner for PHASE 1 and really liked it.

I hope everybodies sleeping schedule gets back to normal, This thread is really hop-en this morning. Thats great.

Good Day all , and I hope everyone does well.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:59 AM   #21  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Hope everyone had a nice Valentines Day and I hope you all didn't fall off the wagon because of that candy.

I see that we're a very busy board this morning being on page 2 and all. So I'm thinking just checking in and gonna to make this short.

Nothing new, I sneak picked on the scale and was up a pound,but I not really not worried as I had Italian sausage with pasta & tomato sauce a before a W-I. Than I thought I'll make a soup for todays lunch & fooling around in the kitchen I found this recipe for a tucany bean soup.

Have to go out and get some chores done.

See you later Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 02-15-2006 at 10:05 AM.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:00 AM   #22  

Welcome, usmchoney! You will lose weight in phase 2 in a healthy 1-2 pound manner. It happens because you will be eating less calories than you burn. If you drink the water that you should and eat at least 4 1/2 cups of veggies a day, it will happen. I eat alot and it has taken me quite a while to lose but it works.

me - I ate too much dark chocolate yesterday but kept the rest of the day healthy. Dinner was ginger, lime marinated grilled swordfish served over cabbage for me and rice for DH. We had lots of steamed broccoli with it. Tonight's dinner will be ham jambalaya with garlic mustard green beans and a frozen veggie mix for the second veggie. I like to eat it in a big bowl that I fill at least half way with the veggies and then put the jambalaya over it. Yummy!
Old 02-15-2006, 10:01 AM   #23  
South Beach Life Style

BTW: The Phase 1 dinners, there were only three to choose from that are Phase 1 and they have NEW in the upper left hand corner,, What I had was called ""Capese Chicken with Brocolli and Cauliflower" It was very good.. $2.98 .. I think that is not a bad price, when budgeting allows, I will be trying the others.. ANYONE HAVE THOUGHTS ON THE SB BREAKFAST BARS FOR PHASE II?? Thanks,

SHATZI~~ DO U LIKE TO RIDE 4 WHEELERS? I READ YOU PROFILE,, U AUGHTA COME TO WV AND RIDE THE NEW RIVER (water wise)
Old 02-15-2006, 10:19 AM   #24  
gotta lose it!

Well ladies, I'm back! I'm up doing laundry & cleaning. I also have to drop off some AVON & try to get some more orders...I only have 3 so far & the order is do on Friday. Oh well...I've been working too many hours at the store to get new customers, next week will be better. Besides I'm going to try to go to Ohio & visit the family....maybe I can get some orders out of them! They have a Curves pedometer in there & I think I'm going to get that. Maybe I can get a realistic view of how much "work" I actually do!
I also have to do a scrapbook for my sil.....ugh where will I find the time?
MsCrockett - I'm not a fan of breakfast bars.....I rather eat eggs/mock oatmeal or left overs. They are not tasty to me.
USMChoney - welcome!!
BB - Have a great day!
Barb - Can I come over for dinner? Sounds yummy!
KYE - hope that ticker moves soon!
Focus - take it one day at a time....I lose & gain the same 10 pounds all the time!
Ruthie - hello...you're a busy bee as usual
Freaky - you're amazing...I'm with weezle - I have no desire to lose sleep to get a workout in!
Well dryer is a buzzing....got to check on the clothes!
Old 02-15-2006, 10:49 AM   #25  

Breakfast bars make me hungry. And the South Beach ones are really meant for occasional use. I like my big bowl of oatmeal with Splenda, cinnamon and fruit normally. Sometimes I have southwest eggbeaters with a slice of reduced fat swiss on a whole wheat English muffin. I eat veggies for my snacks so I can avoid having veggies with breakfast. Make sure you do that if you don't get your half cup of veggies or your V-8 with breakfast.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:13 AM   #26  
South Beach Life Style

woooooohooooooo,, I got my new computer today, sooooooo after while I will be gone for a bit to set this darn thing up......... boy, I was needing it...
Old 02-15-2006, 11:32 AM   #27  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

Good morning.
Well, I made it through Valentine's Day - - BARELY! I ALMOST let myself order the Chicken Fried Steak & Mashed Potatoes & Gravy last night!! But I didn't- I'm so glad! Oh man, that was a close one!
DH (Dear Honey - not Dear Husband) gave me a new ring (Not THE ring) but a new one. I love it when I get jewelry. It was such a tease last night, though. He pulled out a ring box & I was like OH MY GOD and then I opened it and it was a beautiful . . . . . . . . . . . mystic topaz. I love it though. It's really nice.
I'll talk to you chicks later! Better start getting some work done! This job blows!
Old 02-15-2006, 11:39 AM   #28  
South Beach Life Style

Danielle ~ Good gift,, as I love rings and bracelets...... at least you have an insite to how you may feel when DH give you "THE RING",, good going on staying OP,,,

Just a minute ago I had an NSV that I gotta share,
My Dad is not feeling well , so I am daddysitting while my Mother is with Granny (she has been ill) and I was going to heat up some applesauce that he requested, sooooo when I open the Microwave there it is HOMEMADE CINNAMON ROLLS! ( my brothers breakfast, "Mr. Metabloism") and I had a snarley look on my face as I removed them, The smell of them DID NOT INTRIGUE ME AT ALL.,,, so here I set eating a couple donuts,,( cauliflower is my new donut, and brocolli is my tweenkie,, LOL,, hey,, it seems to work.
I am sooooooo happy but confused that I was not remotely temted,,, wooooohoooooo......... Take Care,. Crock
Old 02-15-2006, 11:58 AM   #29  
South Beach Life Style

Beachgal~

B~ Scrambled eggs (2) with skim milk, ff cheddar cheese, 2 slices of Canadian bacon , green pepper

SN~ 1 cup of plain yogurt with powder ff jello flavor

L~ lettuce, ff moz cheese, tomatoe, and Tuna in water with 1 tsp Mayo(REG)

Sn~ Cauliflower and or Cottage Cheese

D~ Phase 1 SB dinner, Chicken pese with brocolli and cauliflower, and 1 of the cups of sf Jello.

cauliflower or cucumbers as I get the munchies sometimes after dinner.

That was yesterdays.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:07 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Default Hello Phase 1 (again)

So I'm back from the beach, and the size 8s that fit last Friday are too small and I'm up atleast 5 pounds on the scale... YUCK! But hey I had a great time on vacation and I'm just gonna keep plugging away... did 30 mins of cardio this morning and am gonna do 30 mins tonight along with maybe some weights... Ticker is gonna stay the same though cause I'm convinced I can have it back down again in a week or so...

Hope everyone has a great day!
Closed Thread