South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 09:13 AM   #16  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

morning!!
well I've got the super bowl hangover- not from drinking but from eating. At the first party I stuck mostly to fruit so that's fine, maybe too much fruit but still fine, oh wait a whooppee pie snuck it's way in, I still consider that a fruit, lol. It was the second party with the pepperoni bread, meatballs and starbucks coffee ice cream pie in an oreo cookie crust!!! Can you just feel the fat through the computer?

so off to the gym for 60 min of a$$ busting, then the chiro, then I've got to finish those darned leaves in the yard...remind me trees with leaves are NOT pretty
Old 02-06-2006, 09:14 AM   #17  

I'm starting on Day 2 of my restart. I remember the first 3 days being very hard the last time I did this. I started to eliminate most of my bad carbs a few days before my initial start in hopes that I wouldn't go through the bad withdrawals that I did last time.

This morning I had one of those protein shakes from Ruth's recipe and it was pretty good. I can't stand the taste of my husband's protein powder though so I'm going to have to get something else. For my snack I'll be having a hardboild egg and for lunch a salad with ham, turkey, olive oil and vinegar.

Hope you ladies have a great day on the beach.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:26 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Default Help! I ate too much!

Hey Ladies,

I just couldn't stop eating last night... funny cause it was all "ok," (well the sour dough bread was questionable), but whole wheat crackers and OP dips, and wine.... just ate almost the whole box of crackers, half the loaf of bread and almost a whole bottle of wine! I know it's the superbowl, but it's the first time that I've gotten off track since I started the diet so I REALLy don't want it to be a trend... about to head off to the gym but had a really slow start thanks to the wine... makes me think about triggers... I did have some wheat thins before heading to the party... also I should have brought my own snacks which I WILL do next time... just think the thought of getting to indulge "a little" got the best of me... really hope it doesn's slow down my progress too much... I DID work out yesterday for 45 mins on the eliptical so that's something...

Oh well it's Monday, new start, going to the beach next weekend so that's motivation and I'll be heading to the gym here in a second although I'm having motivation issues..

Sarah
Old 02-06-2006, 09:38 AM   #19  
Kyemom

Morning girls...I was in the sae boat as most of you with my Superbowl eating too. I feel like a pig this morning....and then I came unprepared to work...I really set myself up for a bad day....I will make myself go to Ukrops for lunch and make a salad. I really have not been very strict on myself lately..I need a good kick in the pants..Summer is coming, and I really want to look good in a bathing suit...I gotta get back on the beach with both feet !!!
Congrats Christina!!!!!!!!!!!
Soon & Pearsydew- Please let us know who wins your little bet!!
Old 02-06-2006, 09:39 AM   #20  

I didn't go to any Super Bowl parties and ate a healthy dinner of pork tenderloin, steamed broccoli, and garlic mustard green beans and am down a pound from what I gained from the Wood Badge potluck dinner Saturday night. Next year, I will know more how the potluck works and be better able to plan what I eat (they have four tables with food and you are assigned a particular table of food and pay your money as you get it it so it is hard to know what all the choices are). I ended up taking a couple of things that I would have skipped if I had realized that my seafood lasagne was on the table that I was at.

I've been doing good with my exercise and have my stuff for the gym in the car. Monday is when I have more time for exercise since DH takes Brian to gymnastics from 6-7 so I only have to be home with dinner on the table by 7:15.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:17 AM   #21  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

Oh boy what a weekend! I think I can hear the treadmill calling me by name!
I've got some major fat burning to do this week.
I went back to my hometown this weekend & hit the town Saturday night. I ended up drinking a few Ultra Light beers. Oopsey! Then last night, my Mom made Prime Rib & I couldn't turn it down. I know for a fact that that's not a lean cut! She's on Atkins & has been giving me a hard time about my diet & is trying to convert me to her side. Other than those things, I didn't fall too far off track. Gosh, I had such a great time & I saw so many of my old friends and classmates. Some people I haven't seen for about 10 years.
I got my new car & it's great.
I am so tired & almost didn't come in today. Why did I come to work?
I've got 3 doctors appointments this week, 2 AA's, 4 workout days, & five 8 hour work days to put in this week. And I have to get to the DMV which is always a madhouse! I just want to go home and crawl into bed all week.
My sleep is always so on schedule and if I get to bed a couple hours late it throws me all offwack!

Good job Barb - I'm impressed! Keep it up!

Later!

Last edited by Demeter; 02-06-2006 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:51 PM   #22  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

So I am up 2# as of last night and I can't even blame it on TOM, just bad choices foodwise. Today after a long talk with the DH and I re-committing to myself to get back on track. My habit for this week is to try and workout 5 times this week, even if it is from home. Last week I tackled water consumption and did pretty good. Not much planned for me today. Working, doing laundry and getting a workout in (I am training myself to get rid of the 'hopefully' hehe)

soon - thats sucks no celebrity sightings - you figure they would have been out all over the place. I am considering betting on you to win your bet so you better make an honest woman of me lol.

freaky - I think a great meal every once in a while is no biggie. I know you are smart enough to just treat it like a one time thing and then go back OP. How did you like Phantom?

pearsy - I thought soon was betting someone in her real life, this bet has gotten interesting lol.

crk - I am sending you good luck with your pregnancy. I did not even know you were expecting, congratulations all sorts of good news coming from you.

ruth - I am so happy for you that you discovered something you love so much. That is how I feel about photography. Time goes by and a barely notice. You will have to take a picture of one of your paintings and share it with us.

SUNLIT - I am soooooo proud of you, you and an inspiration to us all. I love planet smoothie, jamba juice is better though.

ncola - you crack me up with your football knowledge. That was me before I met my DH. He is a sports editor for a newspaper and lives eats and breathes sports so my knowledge has improved a ton. A great way to learn is to participate in the fantasy football most of the time it is free too.

batmomm - starbucks ice cream pie OMG I could not have resisted that one, did you eat a piece for me?

Sarah - get your butt to the gym, I know how badly you want to be OP and looking great for that vaca... I have that problem too , a "little" ends up being my downfall. Like you said new start...

barb - that potluck scheme sounds awful lol, I would be one who would have to pay for all four tables, just to keep my options open.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:45 PM   #23  

Thanks, Stephanie. I've never been an inspiration. A bad example, a warning sign, sure, but not an inspiration!

What is Jamba Juice, though? Another chain? Or an option at Planet Smoothie?
Old 02-06-2006, 01:52 PM   #24  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Default Mooooooooooooooooooo

That's a picture of me. Yep. Moo. Stupid Super Bowl. I tried to be healthy for about 3 minutes, and then it all went to **** after that. I'm still full from yesterday... had a smoothie for breakfast, skipped my morning snack, and had a small bowl of soup and a fat-free yogurt for lunch, and I'm stuffed now. I reiterate: Moo.

SO, back on track today. Sucking down water in hopes of flushing everything I ate out of my system. I had a LOT of sodium. Yuck! I just feel like crap!

This is why I need to not break the diet. I did SO WELL for SO LONG and then my cousin came into town and I figured one weekend of cheating wouldn't kill me. Ugh. DH went home from work Saturday night because he was so miserable from the greasy meal we ate that afternoon. I feel like a slug. Blech.

Hope you all are back on track, and kudos to those who didn't fall off the wagon this past weekend! Have a great day everyone!

Moo
Old 02-06-2006, 02:18 PM   #25  

I am very happy I am not the only one who made bad descions this weekend- yikes I ate like there was no tomorrow...so many bad food choices- But today is another day ..and so far (except for a few tootsie rolls) I have been OP I ate some SB cereal for breakfast and V8 peanuts and string cheese for a snack and a salad for lunch
I will prob have some coffee at 5 and either a burger or chicken for dinner.....I also worked out for 30 min this morning..which was pushing it cause I worked till midnight last night and I had an 8:30 this morning- So i am exhausted......
Its tough always being healthy-!
Old 02-06-2006, 02:35 PM   #26  

I did pretty good - sorta. I made the chicken stroganoff in the crockpot (found the recipe in the recipes section). Had too much wine though. NO - the Stones got a bad review???? I thought they were great!! Love the Stones
Old 02-06-2006, 02:53 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 218/203/150

UGH!

That pretty much sums up today for me I didn't do TOO bad yesterday. Yeah, I ate off plan, but I didn't overeat which was a big accomplishment for me. I only had 2 lite beers and chuged water.

My biggest crime was a nice 2"x3" piece of chocolate cake that my sister made from my Granny's recipe. Since she passed away 3 years ago, nobody made it and we missed it. My sister just figured out what she did and it was awesome!! There was still 1/2 the cake left at the end of the night and I forced her to take it with her because I wanted to devour every last bite. I am not a person for sweets, but I love my Granny's cake (well, that and it's TOM for me and I NEED chocolate!! )

Oh well...got my 45 min intervals out of the way so I do feel better. If only I could get some more engery...

Have a great day girls!
Old 02-06-2006, 05:00 PM   #28  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Sunlit - another chain, I like their juice better...
Old 02-06-2006, 05:42 PM   #29  
RNMOM

Default Hi

I've been MIA for a few weeks...........way too busy to sit at the computer. My son came home from some training and 7 days later was gone again. This time for good. He left on Saturday for Ft Bliss and he'll go in 60-80 days to Iraq. Needless to say there have been lots of farewell parties, eating, eating and good byes....did I say eating? Don't even want to look at the scales. Anyway, I'm back.

Not enjoying wandering around this empty house. Thank good I still have a 14 year old daughter at home......(remind me sometime I actually said that)

Well, I'm off to grill a few salmon steaks for supper. Will triple my veggies tonight and drown in water!

Take care all!
Old 02-06-2006, 06:32 PM   #30  

Default The Schatzinator Returns!

What a long strange trip this has been since Saturday! It started out as just a loverly rainy overcast day.. great fer PJs and videos.. We dozed.. it rained... KABOOOOOM! Orange light and tree branches and pine cone grenades!!!!!!! The tall lolilly Pine in our neighbor/landlord house was struck by lightening.. sizzle sizzle ...Electric gone, phones gone... Firemen and EMS ...Our darling landlords got hit the worst! Pieces of foundation cinderblocks blown, walls blown... hot tub gone, water heater and all tv sterero gone.. fridge gone, no electric...
Our house next.. Desktop PC gone, printer, firewall gone, DSL box gone... CAWFEEE POT GONE!!!!! Satelite dish BAHBUY.... Phones Fried... TV went all acid trippy, but came back ok... DVD player...lost than revived... Security system toast.. Half electric outlets...gone..
The underground telephone cable was fried... I plied the Sprint repair man with Cawfee to git me and Ana up first and damn the phones (thank the telecommune gawds fer cells!) GET ME BACK ON LINE We are all SAFE, and that's what matters!
I had a backup cawfee pot NATCH!!!! And Sprintman wants me to have his baby.. We are gerryrigged with tele cable right now as a good amount of the phone cable needs to be replaced via digging a trench and relaying on the calbe that was fried.. We will have intermintent phone/ internet connectivity until Saturday.

DH left fer Austin Tx this morn... and after dealing with sattelite man and sprint man, Me and Landlords decided to go fer a loverly long Italian late lunch..

Sooooo that's all that's new from Gary GNU!

Ah'll Be Baaack!!!!
Closed Thread