South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 04:56 AM   #1  

Default It's MONDAY on the BEACH!!!!

WAKEY WAKEY for Goodness SAKEY!!!!

Put the Cawfee on Gals, time to git to work !

I don't know what weird things your furkids do...but mine have a thing about me and the bathroom.. I could go into most any room and they won't follow me...but if it's the bathroom??? They must follow me! Ok so it's just me and DH here , so no need to close the door til it clicks or lock it.. I do shut it , but here comes 2 sets of paw..WING goes the door.. Darby must get behind my legs between the toilet and Casey must jump up on my knees to watch and make sure I don't disappear! Whacko doggies!

Come sit and have some cawfee with me!
Old 01-30-2006, 06:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

That's just plain weird, Schatzi!

Well, I really blew it this weekend, and have to get back on track! Our place was like Grand Central Station and I just had no will-power at all. I hate being out of control, but today is a new day and a fresh start.
I'll be back after my workout.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:31 AM   #3  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning, chicks. This was a bad weekend for me. Fights with bf, deadlines, just busy busy and I ate like crap. I'm going to stick to calorie counting this week to help get my eating under control. Of course all P2 foods but just making sure I stick to 1450 calories each day.

Schatzi: My cats like that about the bathroom. He's worse than my dog. You're babies sound adorable. Give them kisses and belly scratches for me!

cottage:We both had a bad weekend. Lets pick up and do better this week. You're off to a good start with your work out. Good for you.

Everyone else: Have a fabulous day.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:27 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! Isn't it great that we get a brand-new week every Monday and can just carry on from crappy weekends.

Dogs? Well they want to be with you all the time so the bathroom counts. Actually, I think my Girls think "She's sitting down so she may as well pet us!" My two want to be with me every waking moment. Right now Hershey is lying on my feet and Lucy is on the bed as close as she can get to the desk!

We are covered in ice this morning. My poor neighbour Steve doesn't have a barn or garage so he spent about 20 minutes chipping ice off his car to go to work. The school bus will be cancelled today and the parents will be going nuts. Snow days are fine because the kidlets can play out but this crud is not much fun.

I tried soy breakfast patties this morning. Yick! I can handle a fake burger but these were gross. The Girls managed to eat them though and will be getting the rest in their supper tonight.

Time for another coffee and to sort out my veggies. I am overloaded and am afraid there will be some that are morphing into compost!
Old 01-30-2006, 08:39 AM   #5  
beachbum

Good Morning Chicks

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I had a very quite one,just relaxing after a hetic week.

W-I on Saturday and I maintained,so the ticker remains the same.

Going to try adding grains instead of BREAD[made of flour]even though is WW its still flour.This was mentioned on another board that I post to. The moderator belongs to the main board of the south beach.com,and told us that when entering Phase 2 don't start with bread, grains[br. rice wild rice & oatmeal], are the way to go.

Schatzi-your one of a kind, the furbabys LOVE you.and they like bathrooms.

Cottage- Sending your good :vibes to get you back on the beach

Pearshape-your eating 1450 cals aday. UMMMMMMMMM!!! I'm down to 1250 maybe that why I stalling. Maybe I'm not eating enough. How tall are you,if I may ask????????

Hi Ruth, have a great day

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 01-30-2006 at 12:09 PM.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:12 AM   #6  
Who needs sleep?

Wakey wakey? I haven't been to sleepy sleepy! Another long night of studying to be followed by a busy day with DS. I have GOT to get ahead in my schoolwork - I have at least 2 weekends in a row next month that will be consumed by DS birthday parties and the prep work involved. Plus I have 1 of 2 essays due early in Feb in Sociology, plus my other Geology midterm sometime during the month. My oh my! Thank goodness I froze up all those main dishes before school started! We ate chili that I'd frozen last night, and we'll be having some salmon I'd frozen tonight.

I'd better get back to it - I have so much to do and so little time.

Take care and have a great day, chickadees!
Old 01-30-2006, 09:15 AM   #7  

Unhappy The only good thing about Monday morning....

...is that it's not last night. I collapsed in the face of panko-encrusted flounder, which I adore. I had one piece and then did unspeakable things at dessert time. Unspeakable! I feel like crap today -- physically, not emotionally (I have never been one for food guilt). I logged it all into Fitday to remind myself of my transgressions, though. Now, as penance, I will go re-sign up for the gym. I previously quit a year ago because I realized I was only going to watch Days of Our Lives at lunchtime and take a hot shower (mine was too temperamental in the winter).

But no time to dwell -- I have oodles of work to do!
Old 01-30-2006, 09:20 AM   #8  
gotta lose it!

Morning everyone.....I worked the entire weekend.....Sat. wasn't bad, but yesterday was awful. The SuperBowl is going to be in Detroit, and granted I do not live in Detroit, I live in Merto Detroit.....yesterday this woman comes up to me, cuts in front of 6 people in line & wants me to get off the register to help her order 60 pairs of khakis for the superbowl. I tried explaining that we do not order, but we have some khakis in stock, but I could not get off the register until the line was down because those customers we here first. She just kept telling me it was for the SuperBowl....after going back & forth a few times, I just motion the next person up because she wasn't getting it. After she picked up 6 pairs, she tried cutting in line again....another customer yelled at her I was kinda hopeing someone would hit her...I would of called the police, but I would of taken my time. Then she lost her keys to the rental car for the Super Bowl...this lady was just annoying. I think I'm going to head down South to visit my dad during the SuperBowl...hopefully the weather isn't bad.
Eating was terrible, after dealing with that nut, I had french fries...with catsup. I did drink water with them! Then I came home & had a cookie - ugh. Back on Phase 1 for me for a few days.
Schatzi - my kitties love the bathroom. Thunder likes to sit in the sink & drink from the facet. Phoebe likes to play with the toilet paper & hide behind the toilet. If I shut the door & leave them out, they push on the door & Meow loudly!
Pearsy - sorry to hear about your weekend.Today is a new week/new start! I'm going back to counting my calories too!
Cottage - I hear ya....I think we all had a tough weekend eating!
Ruthie - I'm not a fan of those patties either. Did the furbabies like them? Mine didn't !
BB - Don't worry about stalling...your ticker will move soon!
I'm going to drink some coffee, make df's lunch, exercise & then go to work...fun! I can't wait!
Have a great OP day!!
Old 01-30-2006, 09:20 AM   #9  

This weekend was not a good eating one for me either. Oh, well, today is a new day and I'm back OP.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:21 AM   #10  
gotta lose it!

Hello sunlite & h-ko.....we posted at the same time!
Old 01-30-2006, 09:58 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Yum! I made a pot of steel-cut oatmeal for breakfast, and it was so good. I'm going to get in the habit of eating it more often. I put a splash of SF German Chocolate Cake flavored syrup in my coffee, too, so breakfast felt like a real indulgence. After a pea-soup style foggy morning, the sun is finally shining through and it's warming up. I was walking around the yard yesterday and realized I never got around to pruning back my butterfly bushes and roses since our summer lasted so long! It's too muddy to do it today as I have to leave at 11, but it's a chore I should get to soon. Spring will be here before we know it!
Well, I'd better go find something OP to pack for my lunch so I'm not tempted to stray again!
Old 01-30-2006, 09:59 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Good Mornin' Ya'll

I have 3 furbabies and Jack (himalayan) HATES to have a closed door. It doesn't matter what door it is. He howls at the door (and mind you he's a cat) and butts his head until either you let him in or he can get the door open. My bathroom door is the only one I close til it latches and he just cries and puts his little paw under the door reaching for me. So that's our time to play. I can lean down to put my finger under the door to play with him. My bedroom door doesn't latch for some reason, so when I'm changing clothes here he comes barrelling in and swings the door wide open!!!! It happens every morning!! Gotta love 'em

Pear--I didnt' know you had cats too, how do they do w/ your rats?

My eating wasn't the greatest this weekend, should have eaten more, actually lost a pound, but I didn't do too bad. Yesterday just sat around the house and all I had was a bowl of OP cereal, an orange, and mixed nuts. I just wasn't feeling the greatest yesterday and this morning I'm down a pound? Hard to figure that one out.

Update on my brother, I talked to him about my neice. He spoke w/ ex and she has "agreed" to keep her the first weekend of each month to give us a break. I guess she wants us to bow down and kiss her feet for keeping her own daughter one weekend a month!

But DB told me last night that he will find something to do this Saturday to give DH & I some time alone. Now we don't know what to do? It's been so long since we had a whole day to ourselves, I won't know how to act!!!! How do you all spend your quality time with significant others, if I may ask?

well ya'll have a great day
Old 01-30-2006, 10:04 AM   #13  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

I've got one, Schatzi . . . . Wakey, Wakey, eggs & Canadian bakey!

I'm down 3 more lbs (gym scale)!

I was a little bit naughty yesterday, too. We went to Olive Garden. I did very well considering. I had a little bit more whole grain pasta than 1/2 a cup and I had a glass of champoo. Other than that, I did a great job. Oh yeah, then I ate those Andes mints they give you. Then last night, I had some soy ice cream. Gosh, when you make one little slip they start to accumulate! Just like a little white lie. I did go to the gym and did some good cardio, though. The bad choices I made weren't too horrible, at least. I could have gotten spagetti with meatballs with a beer & then ate chocolate cookie dough icecream or something. But I didn't. That's amazing. This diet really works and it's just dawned on me that I think I can stick with it as a complete lifestyle change. It is the "year of the dog" and that's my chinese sign.
I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-30-2006, 10:44 AM   #14  

Morning!

Quick check in from school.

I, too, am guilty of poor eating this weekend. I am hopng that a ton of water today and eating totally OP will allow a good weigh-in tomorrow. I am glad it is the end of the month, hopefully a new goal and new month will re-motivate me!

Here's to a great Monday!!!!
Old 01-30-2006, 10:50 AM   #15  
gotta lose it!

Well I was going to exercise, but I twisted my knee outside...lost my balance in some mud.....have ice on it now....OUCH!
Closed Thread