South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 10:34 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 218/203/150

Just quick HI to everyone!

I am finally feeling better!! Resumed my workouts yesterday and it felt good. I met with my trainer for the first time this morning and it went well. I'm really excited to have some direction.

I'm looking foward to losing the next 10lbs!! I need a new haircut/color - I see gray!

Evreyone have an OP day!
Old 01-25-2006, 10:38 AM   #17  
Who needs sleep?

Hi all - I haven't any time to chat today. We're all sick - DH has a terrible headache and a sore throat, DS has a runny nose and a persistant cough, and I have some tummy bug or another. Plus homework due tonight, and I haven't even had a chance to start it.

I'll catch up with everyone later, when we're well again! Til then, have a great day!
Old 01-25-2006, 10:50 AM   #18  
gotta lose it!

Morning everyone!! I'm drinking some coffee & trying to get motivated!! Lot's to do today!! My AVON order was suppose to come today so I could deliver it, but no....at least not yet. I'm going to be super busy in the kitchen today...one of the gals that works for me has been off for about 6 weeks (she had some surgery in the discs in her neck) and she's not healing as fast/as well as she should. I thought I would make a few dishes to take over (I heard the hubby doesn't help with dinner!) and maybe some cross words or a new book..not sure. And then there's some laundry and dinner for df & me tonight - I think I'll pull a pearsy & have some red wine tonight!!
Jenn - new furniture...how fun. DF & I just bought ours last year...one more payment & it's all paid off!!
Freaky - the hair is too cute.....what a fun hair do & you look wonderful with it!!
Mamacita - feel better soon !!
Pear - I'll pm you....don't worry about the presentation - you are definately NOT an airhead! You'll show them!
Cottage - I don't blame you about the weather...I hate the cold/snowy stuff. Why do I live in MI again??
Schatzi -thanks for the pm - it made me feel better. I hope the crappy feeling goes away soon!!
Batmomm2000 - hi....calories....I'm trying something new...I just read some of Jillian's book (trainer from the Biggest Loser - which is on tonight!) And she advices folks to not stay at the same calorie intake...I think she recommends 1700 on Sun, 1200 on Mon, 1400 on Tues, 1200 on Weds, 1400 on Thurs, 1200 on Fri and 1400 on Sat....something like that.
SIL - Thanks for the pm.....I appreciate it. Have fun with the elliptical...df said I could have one when I lost 25lbs....20 to go!
Crk-05 - have fun at the lab meeting!
BB - Stay away from the bread...take a nice warm bath for the soreness!
Tammy - great job going to the gym...I've been lazy lately!
Chipper - hello!
Well I'm off to start my day...have a great OP day everyone!!
Old 01-25-2006, 11:06 AM   #19  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Well we got the OK to start bringing stuff over to the new house as long as we keep it in the closets as the carpets are being shampooed. DH is working pretty much this whole week so I get to start the whole moving process by myself. Should be a good workout at the very least. I am so down right now. Finances are not getting any better to tell you the truth. Things just keep popping up with this whole move. I am beginning to wish I had never decided to move... I am sure once I am all moved in I will be singing a different tune.

fREAKY - Love love love the hair chica!

mamcita - I hope you get to feeling better, being sick and grocery shopping is the pits...you are right!

pear - it happens to everyone. Its great that you are able to use that presentation as motivation to be oh so much more prepared for the next time. Red wine is better for your heart is what I hear - so it is a good thing you like it better eh?

Sil - I hear ya on the whole losing and gaining the same lbs. I feel like that is what I have been doing this month really. I think you are on the right track with upping your water intake.

batmomm2000 - go to self.com...they have a calculator that bases on sex, height, weight and activity level and will give you what you neet to maintain...then subtrack about 300 from that as long as you do not go below like 1100 or so. Us women need our calories...

Tammy70 - we both share a hatred for v8 lol. But you are right it is way better than downing veggies sometimes.

Karla - YOU ARE AWESOME - congrats!!! That is amazing.

Tazcat - Happy birthday.

I hope everyone stays OP today
Old 01-25-2006, 11:51 AM   #20  

Good Morning/Afternoon!!
I am again running around doing various errands, picking up this, dropping off that. I'm down another 3 pounds, so I am -26lbs, now I am really excited!! More than halfway to a day at the spa (when I reach -50lbs). I can't wait!!
Old 01-25-2006, 12:15 PM   #21  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

Default Happy Hump Day!

Half way through the week. That calls for some celebration! .
I'm still doing well on the program. I love going to the gym and DH does, too! Even more than me I think. It was so funny, last night, I was in my arobics class and he was in the weight room and some hot girl came and spotted him (helped him lift on the bench) and it made him feel REALLY good & special. Then, they called her name over the intercom & it turns out she works there and that's why she was helping him!!!!! And he thought he was a pimp daddy or something! Isn't that funny?!
Well, today my boss made a big announcement . . he's resigning and taking a job with another corporation . . . In a week! That means big changes for my department. It could be good but most likely not. The boss says he thinks our jobs will be secure but I'm not so sure. We'll see what happens. I'm kinda excited about the prospect of finding a new job, though. I'm pretty torn. My life has sure become exciting all of a sudden!

Jennie: Your daughter is ADORABLE!
Freaky: I love the haircut. It makes you look great and much more modern.
Pear: You'll knock 'em dead nextime! Don't let it phase you!
Cottage: Have fun w/ the girls today
Batmom: Hi! Hang in there!
2BFit1: Yay, an elliptical! I'm sure it will help you reach your goal!
Tammy: Good luck - I'm sure exercise is gonna help!
Rotten: I'm cheering for you!
Soon2B: Have a fun day!
Stephanie: Hang in there! You know things will get better.
Mamacita, Schatzi, Beach Bum, H-Ko: - Feel better soon!
Christina & Sheba's: Have a great day!
Chipper & Caity: Congrats on the loss!!!

Talk to ya'll later!

Last edited by Demeter; 01-25-2006 at 03:16 PM.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:46 PM   #22  
beachbum

Feeling alot better Shebasmom & Soon & Danielle,but I'm still not exercising today. The bread is still calling. as it SOOOOOOOOOOOO good!! Its has a thick crust and its delish....even by itself. Have to get it out of my mind. NO BREAD NO BREAD NO BREAD...... Will let you know how I did.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 01-25-2006 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:17 PM   #23  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Afternoon chicklets! Have any of you ever had a day where no matter what, you're constantly hungry? I've been getting my snacks, I've been eating high protein/high fiber things like I always do, chugging my water, and my stomach keeps growling! It's making me angry because I know I can't possibly be hungry. I'm going to start growling right back at it!

Feeling much better today than yesterday. If I could get this danged shoulder to feel better, then I'd be back at 100%. It's hurt me for a few weeks now, and I don't know if it's muscular, joint, tendon, ligment, rotator cuff, what the heck it is. It just hurts. I refuse to go to the doctor over a sore shoulder because what they'll tell me to do is what I've been doing. Advil, ice, heat. I know, I know, I know. I'm the queen of injuries.

Well, I need to get back to work. I have far too much to do today and have to leave right at 4 so I can go teach piano after work. $$$$$!!!!! Talk to you girlies later!

Lisa
Old 01-25-2006, 02:06 PM   #24  
GARDENING ADDICT

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach bum
Did you go to the web site that explains why your plateauting ??? I'll try to find it for you.
Yes, I did read it. I think my main issues are: too much sodium intake, not enough water intake, and need more exercise. So, this will be my main concentration for the next few weeks.

Weezel~~Let me know if growling back works to decrease that nagging feeling of hunger. I also try to drink something when that happens but sometimes it just doesn't work.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:21 PM   #25  
beachbum

2befit-Sodium will do it. I was there last week.Gaining 1 lb. Glad you found the answers.Now you can fix the mistakes[lack of water & exercise]

Hugs BB
Old 01-25-2006, 06:21 PM   #26  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Shucks! I'll never catch up!

I had a wonderful mini-vacation with my perfect sister. It's a good thing I love her because her condo is just too darn perfect! I spent my Christmas gift cards, bought yet another pedometer, got a haircut, bought $200 worth of art supplies )(my new hobby) and had a ball. Tonight I have darts (even bought some darts!) and tomorrow I am back to real life.

Happy Hump Day Evening!
Old 01-25-2006, 06:55 PM   #27  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

OK so I am having one of those wonderful eating days where everything is OP easily. I am going to a wrestling match tonight at a school that always has the best concession stand food - I will have to avoid it at all costs and bring a water bottle with me. Wish me luck lol!

cAITY - That is amazing...I am so glad that you are doing so well. It must be the treats you get for good behavior huh?

demeter - Thanks for your kind words. I know things will get better - yes. But it always noce to have someone else remind you of that, sometimes it is just what you need.

weezle - you should try tigerbalm. It is great for sore muscles.

Ruth - I bet your sister loved having you around, you seem like you are a ton of fun. However on earth did Romano get on without you?
Old 01-25-2006, 08:00 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Thanks so much!!!

Thanks everyone for the nice comments about my new hair cut!!!

2BFit1 - This 10 pounds has come with mucho exercise and trying to stay as OP as possible. I am usually a junk food junkie and have a wicked sweet tooth. I have no problem eating a can of frosting at a sitting or most of a large pizza and then a can of frosting. Been eating so many veggies now and even had to start cooking again. Still, I have gained and lost two of these pounds a couple times this month.

Chippper - Some of the curl is natural, especialy the cowlicks in front but some is left over perm. It is easy to do though - a little gel, scrunch and go.

Thanks again everyone!!! I so much look forward to coming here at the end of my day to see what everyone is up to.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:25 PM   #29  
Who needs sleep?

Freaky - I just realized I spaced in my earlier post (chalk it up to being sick, I guess). I wanted to tell you that your new style looks PERFECT on you!
Closed Thread