South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 06:36 AM   #1  

Default Tuesday Chatter

Wow! Can't believe that I am the first one in here.

Good morning! A quick post to say that I am down another pound for 6 total this month. I am finally back into the 160s. Three more pounds a the baby weight is gone! Quite a few more to tackle after that, but I am feeling good. I still need to get my nighttime snacking under control as that is my biggest downfall.

Got to go get coffee and wake the baby. Nothing worse than having to wake a sweet sleeping baby!!

Have a super day- I am feeling GOOD!!!
Old 01-24-2006, 06:51 AM   #2  
I painted my avatar. :-)

Morning everyone. Sorry I have been MIA, but felt like a chicken with my head cut off all weekend. My eating was good, till last nite. We went to Texas Roadhouse and I had the bread. Just been a little stressed with school, my mom, and my nieces(you rmbr the Demons, )
But I went to staples and bought an organizer, so that should help.
I know I havent changed my ticker, cause I keep flucutaing with 5 lbs. I dont get it. I did everything right on P1 and nothing.
Maybe starting to exercise will help. Seeing as how I usually wake up roung 630, (without the alarm) I might as well crawl my butt outta bed and head to the complex gym....I just hate mornings.
I have a math test today.....so send me tons of :goovibes:. I am gonna need it.

WOOHOO KIKO!!!!!!

How's everyone else's stretch of the beach doing??
Old 01-24-2006, 06:58 AM   #3  

Mornin' all. Kiko, that's great news! Congrats on the breakthrough. Don't you just love the feeling of blasting through one of those weight numbers that ends in 0 and getting down into the next "lower level"?

I haven't been OP for about week and a half, but I've been maintaining the weight, so that makes me feel good. Just can't seem to figure out how to prepare well enough, because every week is different and has it's own set of surprises.

Didn't sleep well last night - woke up at 2:30 and never did get back to sleep. Maybe I should have started the posts this morning! Now I really need some coffee.

All you chickies have a fabulous day!
Old 01-24-2006, 07:01 AM   #4  

Good Morning Chicas!
Kiko: 6 pounds this month!
Wenchy: Sending you good vibes to pass that math test!
Well, even though hubby kidnapped me for the weekend, I havent gained anything! Back to true Phase 1 for another few days or soo...
I'll check back in after I get a gallon of cawfee down.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:14 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi there, Sweeties! I slept in until now because The Girls are off at the kennel. It seems so strange!

Dinner and the election party was fun. I met two new women who seemed like fun and the four of us will probably do something fun again soon like dinner again or go to a movie or concert. It's nice to expand horizons and do stuff qwhere you aren't expected to be a couple. Food was OP too! All I had to do was skip the cream cheese brownies - and I did!

I'm off to Brockville for my haircut shortly and then will do some boring shopping - storage bins, etc. After that it'll be down the 401 to Kingston for fun shopping at Chapters and Home sense with gift cards. Joan and I are going out to an Indian restaurant tonight and then I'll sleep over in her condo. Grovery shopping and then home the next day. This will be a great break from the chaos in my house!

Badly need coffee so will be back in a bit.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:33 AM   #6  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies~~

Back from my cruise and I'm up about 3 pounds. I think some of that is water, plus I have a terrible cold. (How much does mucus weigh???)

I had a wonderful, wonderful time and made pretty good food choices, all in all. I avoided things like rice and potatoes. There weren't enough veggie options for me. Lots of salads, but since I don't get along well with them, I was kind of limited. I ate quite a bit of fruit, but kept that to the morning, so I'd have a chance to burn off the calories. Mostly ate papaya with a little melon thrown in, and berries when they were offered.

My real downfall was afternoon tea. They had all these yummy little finger food desserts and I won't be so cruel as to describe them in detail. And our late dinner time (8:00 pm) didn't help.

But--I made it a point to get plenty of exercise every single day. The days we were at sea I either walked around the ship or made use of the gym equipment. They had this thing in there that was a cross between an eliptical and one of those "Gazelle" things. I worked out on it for 18 minutes, then hit the upper body weights. And I never took an elevator if I could use the stairs.

On port days we walked around the cities. One day, we must have walked 3 miles just to and from the terminal.

I stuck to drinking water and only had soda once or twice. At dinner I drank LF or FF milk.

Kiko, WTG on your loss!! 6 pounds! Woo-hoo!!

Ruth, sounds like a fun couple of days in store for you and good for you for "just saying no" to the brownies!

Wenchy, Dana and Schatzi, Hi!
Old 01-24-2006, 07:48 AM   #7  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good Morning, chicks! Yesterday was an OP day. My first of this P2 round. I also did lots of cooking. I made the chicken spinach casserole...very delish! And I made barley w/ a lc dry mushroom soup mix w/ chicken in the crock pot. I now have meals for the next few days. Tonight though I am gonna try the Huli Huli chicken in the crock pot. I'll throw some cabbage in during the last half of the cooking time too.

Today is just classes, reading, etc. Stuff that's never done! I also need to find time to do some laundry. Today I plan to have a b'fast burrito on a lc ww tortilla, chicken w/ barley for lunch, and the chicken spinach casserole for dinner. Plus my new favorite dessert....the fermented grape juice!

Kiko: 6 lbs!! That's fabulous! Good for you!

Wendy: OMG! I love thier bread! It's the best. I wouldn't have been able to resist either....but today it's back on the beach or I'll sic Schatzi's megaphone on you! ; ) Have a fabulous day!

Jana: sorry to hear you can't sleep. Maybe try some Melatonin? I love that stuff. I also find that if I don't plan it's a disaster. Even with all this OP food in the house somehow a lack of planning can turn into a very bad eating day. good luck, try better this week.

Schatzi: I'm workin' on my gallon right now! I put sf caramel syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon in my Hawaiian coffee! Yum! What are your plans for the day, chicka??

Ruth: Have fun on your trip. Congrats on the new gal pals. I love meeting new friends. I think girlfriends are so important. Send a doggie bad of the indian food down my way, would ya? I love Indian food!

Mama: 3 lbs from a cruise is nothing! You did good with the exercise and will take it off in no time. My bf and I are planning and Alaskan cruise for our honeymoon (a ways off..) and I plan to eat whatever I want while on it! Welcome back.

Anyone I may have passed while posting: have a great day!
Old 01-24-2006, 07:55 AM   #8  
Who needs sleep?

Kiko - WTG!!

Wenchy - since ph1 weight loss is mostly water, maybe you just didn't have that much to flush out of your system?

Jana - I know what you mean! Between school and my (almost) two-year old, life throws a lot of surprises my way, too.

Schatzi - that was so sweet of your DH! When does he start his new job?

Ruth - I'm glad you had a fun time and a good night's sleep (for a change)! Have fun today! How's your knee feeling these days?

Mamacita - How funny! I was just thinking of you this morning before I got up, wondering when you'd be back! I'm glad you had fun! Are you all tanned now?

Me - DH's auntie (the engineer) is coming to dinner tonight, so I have to go buy food and tidy the house (at the minimum I have to clean the bathroom, pick up DS's toys and books, vacuum, do some dishes, and do a load or two of laundry). On top of that, I have 3 chapters of geology to read and do outlines on in preparation for my midterm, as well as my lab (due by Saturday, although I should do it before then since some of it will be covered on the midterm, also due Saturday) and some discussion responses (due tomorrow). Then I have 3-4 essays to read for social psych and some discussion to respond to there, as well (due Friday morning). Whew!

I turned in my scholarship application yesterday. I asked the receptionist how many had applied so far, and she said about 30-40, so my odds are 1:30-1:40 of getting it - roughly, since I don't know how the criteria is weighted or if they give equal consideration to all the criteria. Wish me luck!
Old 01-24-2006, 07:57 AM   #9  
Who needs sleep?

pearshape - we were posting at the same time! Have a good day!
Old 01-24-2006, 08:01 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Walking out the door in two minutes...just a drive by post this morning. Well my ticker is only lying by one pound this morning. I had a good day on the beach yesterday. Today the girls at work are bringing in munchies to celebrate my birthday - yes still!!! Anyway I asked them to take pity on me and not have to many sweets and non SB munchies. I will try to behave.

Kiki - that baby weight is always the hardest. Took me two years and I never did lose it all. But then again I did gain 80 pounds

Everyone else have a great day on the beach!!!
Old 01-24-2006, 08:15 AM   #11  
I vant to draw your blood

Pear, that's the attitude to have on a cruise...just have fun! And really, with all the diverse (God how I HATE that word!!) food choices they have, you'll find you want to eat the "good stuff" and leave the rice and potatoes (you can eat that any old time).

For example: Thursday night was Lobster Night. I started off with carpaccio on a bed of wild field greens and a vinaigrette dressing, followed by oxtail consumme' with root veggies. ( a clear soup with teensy bits of diced veggies). Then I ate (I swear, I'm telling the truth here) 4 (FOUR) lobster tails. Granted, they probably only weighed 3 oz apiece. Oh, and the 8 asparagus spears that were on the plate, too. I totally ignored the rice pilaf.

That was one awesome dinner!! Can't remember what dessert was since I think I only ate a bite or two then, pushed it away. Who wants dessert after you've been sated with lobster?

Heather, sad to say, with my mostly Nordic and Anglo heritage, I don't tan, I burnpeelfreckle. Despite slathering on the SPF 45, I still managed to burn my neck and chest when I sat on the Promenade deck in the late afternoon one day.

Good luck on that scholarship!
Old 01-24-2006, 08:15 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Mamacita, welcome back from your cruise! You did great only gaining 3 lbs! Are you all tanned and relaxed now? Take care of that head cold and get well soon. And Schatzi, I wondered where you had gone. What a husband! Didn't gain anything, huh? I guess you got a couple of good workouts in while you were away, LOL!
We got some bad news at Curves today, our manager is resigning. She had been opening up early especially for our group, and now we may not be able to get in til 8. That may be too late for most of us, and there's too much to do after work to go in. I should be able to make it at least 3 mornings a week, anyway. I'll miss her, as she's a great person and has become a good friend, but she got a job offer that she'd be crazy to turn down, being a single mom and all.
I'll see you all later, I have to put together a Pizza Casserole for tonight's supper before I leave for work.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:20 AM   #13  

morning chicks! my tracker is lying about three pounds..but thats ok I am down two from Sunday- Today is day three of phase one..and it is going well. I am pretty TIRED though which surprises me...I guess I really have been eating a lot of sugar!....anywho- I am really going to try to reach my goal weight and then maintain. The boy is down three this morning and I know he is happy about it... last night we had chicken and green beans...and some ricotta for dessert *yum*
tonight is burger night.....back to school tomororw for my LAST semester before I graduate from COLLEGE woohoooo!!!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2006, 08:32 AM   #14  

Height: 5'2"

Morning chicks. Hope all is well with everyone. I'm usually just a lurker on the morning chat but am a regular user of the forum and the exercise and weight challenges. A little down this morning as my other forum cite is down for some reason. I seem a little lost because my morning routine is off without them. Well, life on the beah must go on and I will be off to Curves soon to exercise while my little guy is at pre-K. Just had to share my sorrow and hope everyone has a beachy day.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:57 AM   #15  
beachbum

Good Morning Chicks

I'm pretty sure the bout with sodium intake found its was OUT. and I'm now down to the weight I was couple weeks ago. Hope it stays that way until my Sat. W-I.

Will post later,as I have to get to the bakery early enough to pick up my Sourdough & Whole Berry Wheat Bread. Its a big hit in our small town and the bakers only makes so many loaves.

Hugs BB
Closed Thread