South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 09:00 AM   #16  
I painted my avatar. :-)

Mornin Chicks.....(yawn). TOM always makes me sleepy and drag thru the day. Now I know why I had a hard time concentrating on my math homework. OY!

Well, I didn't do so well losing the 1st week of P1. It was busy last week, and didn't get in all the water or eat lunch and snacks like I ought to have. Just wasnt home to eat them. Or ate way late. And with TOM showing up, it may even be more than I thought. My WI was supposed to be sun, but I swell before TOM gets here, so I am putting it off till this sun. Now that I know my schedule at school, I will be able to get on a routine. As for water, I found this 34oz thermos drinking cup. So if I drink 2 of those a day, I know I hit my water goal. I have been drinking out of a 12oz cup, but the bigger one is working for me. Unfortunately, I only got one in yest. One is better than none.
As for school....my english class is going to kick my butt! I really like the prof and the advisement woman warned me I would work hard, but she said he is worth it all. So we will see.
Everything went like I thought at the dr. Those pharmacutical co's need to put over-the-counter meds out for bacterial vaginosis, not just yeast infections. I know some of us suffer from that more that yeast infections.
Ok, I have ranted long enough.
Just one more thing...... I lurk off and on all day. Sometimes I can respond to the afternoon posts and sometimes I can't. BUT!!!! I am always thinkin of my chicks and love reading whats going on with everyone.

Ruth-A new man huh???? Let me know if I ought to move up there huh?

Schatzi- Kudos to y'all that can get up that early. I can't. Its in my DNA. Found that out when my dad was here.

Hi-my house isnt usually hit my Hurricane Zander(DS), but its ALWAYS hit by Hurricanes Sierra, Brooke, and Piper(Dear nieces) I love them to pieces, but they are so destructive....

Mamacita-Bring me back some dolphins!

Kiko- YAHOO ON THE 5lbs!!!!!!!

Freaky- Chin up. We all stall from time to time. It will come off.

Doodles- These ladies are wonderful. You will feel at home here!

Kiere-Mornin Hon.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:36 AM   #17  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

Hello to all, and big congrats to all the losers & shrinkers.

Today I'm on Phase 1.5 for 3 days now and I feeling good, no cravings or binging. Hoping for a good W-I on Sat. Dh told me not to look at the scale until than,otherwise if I do see what I want to see, I get upset. Thats good advice.

By Phase 1.5 I'm eating foods from Phase 1 ,but I adding 1 grain carb per day.Little afraid to add back fruit as it makes me gain.

Hugs BB
Old 01-10-2006, 09:44 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Good Mornin' Ya'll

I just can't get over all the posts everyday, so Hi to everybody!!!!!

DH has started new hours as of last night. He doesn't go in until 2am so when he is getting up, I'm going to bed. I guess we'll catch up on the weekends? I am not too happy about this, but what are you gonna do.

I wasn't much into eating dinner last night, so I had a can of tuna and dipped orange pepper slices. It was actually pretty good. I had never tried that before. So I decided to bring it for lunch today as well.

Everybody take care, and have a great day!!!!
Old 01-10-2006, 09:50 AM   #19  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

Good morning everyone! I have very exciting news: I did my one-week weigh-in this morning and I've lost a total of 6 lbs!!!! I can't wait to see what happens once I start working out! My jeans still feel tight so I wonder where it's coming from . . . probably just my chest. lol.
I hope ya'll have a fabulous day and cross your fingers that week 2 goes as well as week one for me!
Old 01-10-2006, 09:51 AM   #20  

I'm WFH today so I'll have to be careful to make sure I don't snack on things I shouldn't. I've already made a 3 bean salad for tonight and plan on making coleslaw too to go with the hamburgers we are having. I did make it to the gym yesterday which felt great. I have a pack committee meeting tonight but I should still be able to exercise first since dinner will be so easy.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:53 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 193.8/188.6/160

Morning all.
Not much to say this morning. I am looking forward to another successful week OP. Unfortunately it looks like my biking days are on hold for the time being. It's been raining here non-stop and is suppose to continue through next week.
Here's to another good day!
Old 01-10-2006, 10:00 AM   #22  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Mornin chicks! Today is the first day back at school. I don't teach until tomorrow but I have 2 classes today. This semester is my last one of classes! Then I'm done with classes for good! Whoo hoo!

Schatzi: Whats with people renaming my rats?? My friend renamed Percival Albert and now you name Alfred....Cecil?? Actually I like that name and have been thinking about getting another rat. Maybe he'll be a Cecil??

H-ko: Good luck with classes. You're already full on in it but I'm just getting started. This semester I take Adv. Ecosystems Ecology and an Urban Environmental course. Should be fun!

Doodess: Welcome! It's great to have you here on the beach!

Everyone else: I read your posts and wish you all well. I'll try to respond to everyone better! Have a great OP day, chickies!
Old 01-10-2006, 10:17 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning all,
I had trouble logging on this morning, and I finally got through! I don't know what was going on? I've been putzing around here getting a few things done. I just put a meatball casserole in the oven, so when I get home tonight all I have to do is reheat it. I have to remember to stop and pick up some cabbage to shred to serve it over, or maybe a spagetti squash. Jake will want his over pasta. The girls and I are meeting up with another friend of mine who also is a nanny, and we're taking the kids to Boomers for the afternoon. It's an indoor playground with lots of tunnels and slides. The kids just love it, even Maggie. We're having lunch there, so I'm a bit pensive about that. They serve mostly pizza and sandwiches and you aren't allowed to bring your own food in. I think I'll bring some hummus and veggie sticks to keep in the car, so if there's nothing OP there, I'll just eat later.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:33 AM   #24  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning! Just a quick drive-by! Worked on a spread sheet for an hour last night and found out today I may have screwed it up, so I'm anxious to get home this afternoon and check it.

Hope you all have a fantastic day! I'll post more when more happens!
Old 01-10-2006, 11:10 AM   #25  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Cool

Good mornin chickies,
POsted my check in post in the wring thread lol, I am off to a great start this morning. Anyway I have read all your posts and wanted to check in and say HI.

EVERYONE is sick. If I did not know better I would say you CAN catch a cold through the internet and we are all sharing our sickies lol.

H-KO - LOL about the 'hurricane' I totally understand how that goes, good luck with your damage control

Mamacita - oooooooh I love cruises. I took one in April to the bahamas for my honeymoon. Loved it! IMO the only way to travel! Seems like a shame tos pend the whole time avoiding certain foods and working out. This is just my opinion but cruises are expensive, and its a VACATION. I mean do not gorge yourself but I think it would be fine for you to take a break while on your cruise. It might even refresh you to kick start into being exceptionally good when you get back.

Kiko - CONGRATS on the 5 lbs! That is great, unfortunately for me I have not been OP and the needle on my scale has gone the other way boo hiss!

Freaky - I cannot even fathom how you do it! I work two jobs as well but one of them (photography) is more like a passion so it hardly feels like work. I am horrible at cooking/cleaning. I cannot even imagine adding kids into the mixture. You know people are always impressed with celebrities/models who look amazing but thye have like endless access to time and personal trainers to work them out and experts to plan what they dont eat lol. I am always impressed when Moms find ways to keep themselves fit.

Doodess - Welcome to the main board hunnie. I cannot wait to be on PH3, ofcourse I will have to quit restarting PH1 if that is ever going to happen.

Beach bum - congrats on 'graduating' sounds like you are in control!!!

Demeter - that is awesome, I can only hope I too will have great news like that to look forward to after my first week. I will definitely keep my fingers crossed for you hun.

Anyway, stay OP today...
Old 01-10-2006, 11:13 AM   #26  
RNMOM

Default Morning.........

Hi all you lovely losers! Day 10 of phase one and I haven't cheated once.....that is such an accomplishment for me! Down 5 pounds from day one woo hoo . I need to go out and run today, but I don't wanna. I have to get this house clean, I did crafts all day yesterday and my house looks like it! I do want it spotless so that I can relax tonight. Today is SPA day for me.....I'm so excited! Facial, body massage and pedicure! Reward for being OP so well. Anyhoo, I really need to STEP AWAY FROM THE 'PUTER.

Congrats to losers and welcome newbies. Ruth keep us informed on the new guy.....if ya know what I mean. Schatzi my love, you would love subzero temps.......it's fun not feeling your fingers and toes and having your eyes water to death everytime you go outside....then there's this trick you can do, stick your tongue on a metal pole and watch what happens

Well, I'm off to decide what to do! I love having a few days off!
Old 01-10-2006, 11:29 AM   #27  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning Chicks!

I'm down another pound! Woo Hoo! I worked out with the Personal Trainer last night!

I'm purchasing a "cow share" of a dairy herd. This way we can get raw milk and not drink the stuff full of chemicals. I'm so excited. This is my first organic investment. DS is so excited that we get to see the cows this weekend and get our first gallon of pure milk. Plus we get cream so we can make butter too!

It all started last year when I read Fast Food Nation and saw the documentary Supersize Me. This year I'm reading Kevin Trudeau's book for detoxifying your body. He recommends that you get 15 colonics in 30 days. Well that is kind of pricey at $54.00 pop. I'm going to do 3 a week for a month. I wish my flex plan paid for it. I had my first one done yesterday and it was ok. Not fun but not as horrifying as I imagined. The premise for weight loss is that my body is so full of toxins that I can't lose weight properly (so he says). So I'm doing SBD and incorporating more organics, switching to whole food organic supplements and working on detoxifying my whole body. The first is the colon, then liver-gall bladder, candida, parasite, then lymph system, then fat flush, then a full body detox. It should take me a year to get through them all. All this plus I have to stick to SBD and exercise. Whew I'm tired just thinking about it but I'm also excited too! So we will see if it helps the weight loss at all! Worst thing that could happen is I could get healthy!

Hope all you chicks have a good day!
Old 01-10-2006, 11:34 AM   #28  
gotta lose it!

I'm back folks....2 hr meeting became a 3hr meeting...ugh! More like a joke. There's 1 mgr that is a complete joke & she sat there pointing fingers (which really annoyed me...before I thought she was too dumb, but know I know she's just lazy!)
So far I like my new boss....she's very motivating (besides the 3hr meeting!) She makes me feel good about working there & I think she will straighten the lazy manager out PDQ! (which I will enjoying seeing!)
Tomorrow I have a meeting with an Avon rep. I asked a few folks in here for some advice (thanks ladies!) and decided to go with Avon. I need to make some additional $$ to help with the wedding expenses. DF & I have been researching & we think we will get married at "The Little White Wedding Chapel" on the strip & we can get the deluxe package for under $1000. (The wedding that I REALLY wanted was the "Eiffel Tower at Twilight" at the Paris but that's $10,000 -YIKES!! Don't think I'm going to get that one....that's a lot of Avon!) We are slowly planning...no date yet.. depends on how fast we can raise some funds!!
Phone is ringing...gotta go
Old 01-10-2006, 11:44 AM   #29  
gotta lose it!

AMY!!!!! I just read your post...really a colonic? Really? I think I rather do some more sit ups. You'll have to let us know how those work out for you.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:45 AM   #30  

Good morning ladies!

Just kind of jumping on in LOL. Starting Day 1 again today, doing well so far now that I've gotten some things straight about the diet. Not so much pressure lol.

My DH started his first official day of work today (he works 4am-2pm) and unfortunately DD didn't want to sleep till close to 1am and he couldn't sleep so we were all up late last night. Maybe I'll go walking this morning to get some energy! The other day I walked a mile and I didn't die so I guess my body can take it lol.
Closed Thread