South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 06:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Who gave this freakychick the microphone anyway???

Hello Ladies,

Just thought I'd throw out a big thank you to all the very excepting and supportive ladies on this site. I'm an new here since Jan 3rd and everyone has been very nice. I'm glad this isn't like some other sites where new joiners are treated somewhat differently. It's also nice to see other newbies feeling comfortable here as well.

I have also not taken the time to formally introduce myself and thought I should so that as well. It's funny to me that my friends have for more than ten years always called my freakychick!!! And that's another story all together.

Like the other ladies on this site I am so very busy. That contributes to poor eating habits. Adding to that, I am not married (anymore) or otherwise attached. I do have the most wonderful five year old son named Royce. Being on my own has contributed to poor eating habits by allowing me to not cook real meals and make the poor choices of prepared and processed foods. That is going to be a difficult change for me. My son has also suffered from these poor choices as well. He is not overweight but his eating habits mimic mine and I worry about his future.

I am also a horrible snacker. I eat pretty much non-stop all day and usually it's snacky type food like pretzels. I eat pizza at least twice a week and often have two bagels from Duncan Donuts toasted and buttered for lunch. I love carbs!!! I love to cook up pasta and smother it with butter and eat it by the bowl full for dinner. I don't ever seem to be full for long and portion control...forget it. Sit and eat a regular meal...forget it. I usually cook something for my son that he wants and I eat whatever I feel like; popcorn, pasta, breads, junk, junk and more junk.

Up until October 31st 2005 I was a heavy smoker. I quit that and it felt like losing my best friend. Now I am attempting once and for all to change my eating habits for life. See you later other best friends!!!

Luckily for me I have always (for the most part) been fairly good at staying with exercise. I usually walk and run on my own treadmill 4 or 5 times a week at 5:15 am for 55 minutes and then I do sit-ups, push-ups, and arm weights. In the summer I also do a bit of fast road biking. I once won first place in a mountian bike race. That was the year before my son was born. The first time I quit smoking was when I was pregnant with my son. I gained 80 pounds in nine months. I went from 120 pounds to 200 pounds. I just ate my way through the pregnancy like it was a free for all. Been dieting all my life and now I have a reason to not diet? Bring it on. lol. I left the hospital weighing 198 pounds. It took me two years of a lot of exercise and a lot of existing on less than 1000 calories a day to get my weight below 140 lbs. During that time I didn't go anywhere other then family gatherings, work and other necessary places, like the grocery store.

My weight has always yo yoed up and down. I have often eaten very little food, like one meal a day, for days at a time to get down a few pounds fast. I have also exercised way too much for the same reason. I am searching now for some moderation and a new lifestyle. I am tired of hurting myself in order to stay thin. The problem is that when I reach a certain weight I don't want to go out with friends and I feel uncomfortable in my own skin.

So, ladies here I am, on the SBD. This is the first time I have ever tried an actual diet plan. I am 5' 3" with a small bone structure. I feel most comfortable and able to like myself when my weight is under 125 pounds. When my weight goes over 130 pounds I start to get very uncomfortable. I sincerely hope that I can hang out here on the SBD and make it a lifestyle change and help my son develop some better habits as well.

On the SBD I still have trouble allowing mysef to have snacks. I am kind of this all or nothing kind of person. I either want juck food snacks or nothing at all. My portions are still bigger than I am sure they are supposed to be and I am obsessing about it all too much as usual. I would completely appreciate your support. PS I hate Ricotta Cheese!!! lol

Last edited by freaky; 01-07-2006 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Spelling errors
Old 01-07-2006, 08:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Freaky!

It sounds like you are motivated and ready to change your eating habits, and you've made a great start with the 5lb loss! On Phase 1, don't obsess too much about portion control, just concentrate on eating the right foods for now. Once you start on Phase 2, you should be ready to limit your portions. Good luck, I think you'll be fine.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:15 PM   #3  
barb

Height: 5'7

Freaky you will do fine. I hate ricoota too, but found I am liking it in the recipes. I love it in the mocha one. I have it everyday. My kids love it too. That is another thing , my kids are trying a lot of new dishes and loving them also. I make marks in my cookbook regarding how they liked it. I think you will do fine. This is day 6 for me and I am loving it.
Old 01-07-2006, 09:08 PM   #4  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Hi Freaky! It sounds like your mindset is helping set yourself up to succeed. Stick with it girl! This is how you should eat. Now, that doesn't mean that you can NEVER have pizza again or can never have birthday cake, etc. You can. It is unreasonable to think that you won't ever eat things that aren't good for you. That's why so many people fail. They get upset, fall off the wagon, become exasperated about it and never get back on. Or like me, they wait a year and gain 30 pounds before getting back on. LOL! The holidays were great for me, I hadn't started SBD yet but I decided I was gonna eat the things I wanted at the important gatherings but I was gonna eat healthy stuff with them and in between those big meals I was gonna eat healthy to make up for it. I did that, managed to eat alot of bad (but good tasting) holiday food and stil lost 3/4 of a pound during that 2 weeks. It's all about your mindset. We are ready!!!!
Old 01-08-2006, 07:52 AM   #5  

Hi Freaky!!!! You already are ahead of the game! You quit Smoking and yer a regular exercizer! We'll be here to help ya with your new WOE (way of eating) for you and your son.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Thanks for the support ladies...I look forward to coming here every day. People here just seem to get it so much more than my family and the girls at the office.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:12 AM   #7  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Hi Freaky welcome to the Beach!! I to am a ricoota cheese hater. Everyone here is so supportive and have such wonderful ideas.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:41 AM   #8  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

freaky! It sounds like you have already made some amazing changes in your lifestyle, and I have no doubt that you will be able to succeed in reaching your goals. Don't worry about hating the ricotta cheese. I like it in lasagna and manicotti (not exactly beach food!) but the desserts made me GAG! Luckily there are plenty of alternatives. I'm so glad you're enjoying 3FC, and I wish you the best of luck!
Closed Thread