South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 07:41 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Tuesday on the Beach 11/15

Good Grief, Ya'll are a bunch of lazy Chicks today!

I'll get the thread started, but I can't stay. Gotta get moving. Hope you all have a great day on the Beach!

I'll pop in this evening and see what you've all been up to.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:54 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for starting us up, Mamacita.

I didn't wake up until 7 this morning (!) and woke to two dogs kissing me! They managed to bump the door the right way and were free! Such enthusiasm!

Lucy and I are off to the fur-stylist for 8:15 so I'll check back later. Keep the coffee hot, OK?
Old 11-15-2005, 08:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning Mamacita, and all you Chickies yet to join us!

It's good to have internet again, our DSL lines in the neighborhood were down since Sunday night, and that meant we didn't have phone service either. Thank goodness for cell phones!
Horray! I met my November goal already! I weighed myself both at home and at Curves to make sure, and they both showed I had a 5 lb loss so far this month! That feels really really good, especially since there are 2 more weeks left that I can try for even a greater loss. I'm not too worried about Thanksgiving, I have some SBD friendly recipes planned, and want to tweak a Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe to make it OP. I'm planning to take my little ones to see the movie "Chicken Little" this afternoon. I know the 4 yr old will love it, but I'm not sure how long the 2 yr old will be able to sit still and watch it. We'll give it a try, anyway. It's supposed to rain all day, so it's a good day to go to the movies. I made some stuffed peppers already this morn for supper tonight, so I can just heat them up with some sauteed broccoli and mushrooms and that will be an easy meal. Have a great day!
Old 11-15-2005, 08:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ruth, I was busy rambling away while you were posting!
Old 11-15-2005, 08:33 AM   #5  

Just woke up and I need a nap.
I got everything done yesterday but the bathroom.It was a good day and volunteering in DD’s class was dreamy.Hockey was okay. I ended up with a splitting headache after. I think from the weather system that is here today. DH was home and making himself a sandwich for his supper. He didn’t remember where we were. I asked him to do sandwiches for everyone and he gladly did(exciting). Grilled cheese and tomato soup. I cut up some orange pepper. DD kept asking, why is Daddy making supper.She was quite worried about it. I dont think they have ever seen this phenomenon before.
Food and water was good. The missing part is obviously extra exercise. I honestly dont where to fit it in.
I am tired today. There is lots to do. A quiet day with daycare for a Tuesday but a crazy busy evening. DS has hockey pictures at 5 and then then we are going to the literacy program at the school at 6:30. I will pack a picnic supper for in the van whilst travelling between.
Since it is a rainy day I might just putter at cleaning and put away fall decoratons and put out some Christmas ones for this Sunday. I want it to be nice and festive and I am not really getting the time. I need Martha’s team to delegate to!!!
I need to decide on side dishes for the turkey dinner. Any ideas?? These are simple folk. One year I made homemade creamed corn and they were horrified. LOL!
Needing a hug today chicks and a blast of energy.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:59 AM   #6  

Crap! I just lost my post *pout*

I am feeling better this morning. I had a massage last night and ate well all day yesterday. I have come to realize that I have totally screwed up my goal to meet at Thanksgiving. But, I am ready to get back on the horse. I am reading the book again for motivation and to put things in perspective. At least I am no longer 186 which was my weight in June when I started thinking seriously about my need to lose.

Does anyone else have trouble with letting go of their big clothes? I never thought I would feel this way. I keep reaching for them. When I put them on I am both excited and frustrated. "What am I going to wear now?" Oh, well it is a problem that I am going to have to work through. I think the only way to work through it is with the use of SHOPPING THERAPY.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:04 AM   #7  
gotta lose it!

Good morning everyone!!
Holly - (((hugs))) Sending hugs & energy your way!!!
Ruth - have fun at the doggie stylist!! Coffee will be kept warm!!
Cottage - great job with the lost!! Have fun at the movies...sounds like fun!
Mamacita - hello!!

Me - been up for about half an hour..already did the dishes and sorted the laundry. Gotta finish cleaning the bedroom & take the little furbaby to the vet for her stitches to be removed & the second round of shots....I'm sure she will be thrill (not!)
Eating wasn't the greatest yesterday....stomach was upset so I had chicken noodle soup - from a can....I know, but my stomach could not handle a salad. My stomach still hurts a little this morning....I've been drinking water, but I don't know what to eat...maybe some plain ww toast? I'll have to figure it out.
Well chat with you later..have a great OP day!!
Old 11-15-2005, 09:07 AM   #8  
gotta lose it!

Morning Dana !!
I have a question for you about the old clothes...are you plan on using them again? If not throw them away (or donate!) Keep 1 pair of pants to remind you how far you've come maybe....I would part ways with the old clothes!!
Old 11-15-2005, 09:16 AM   #9  

I garage saled a lot of my old clothes at the Cub Scout garage sale last spring. I still have a fair number of nice winter blouses that I haven't been able to bear to part with. They are expensive petite ones but they just hang on me now that I wear a small or a medium (they are extra large). I did pick up a new sweater last week. Did you guys know that Petite Sophisticate is going out of business (as is Casual Corner and August Max)? I got a beautiful sweater for just under $15.

I've got a pack meeting tonight but I plan to make Beef Burgundy out of the old SB cookbook this afternoon. It takes just over 2 hours to cook but I am WFH today so I can do it. We've had highs in the mid-80's lately but a cold front is going through and we will be in the 30's tonight. I think it will feel colder just because we have been so much warmer than normal.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:19 AM   #10  

soon2bfab- You are so right! I should donate them. I am trying to be a "flybaby" and I should have gotten rid of them weeks ago. But, it is hard to do. I always have this feeling in the back of my mind that I will NEED them. That I will gain the weight back. I guess I have some soul searching to do. Thanks for the push. It sounds like I have a weekend project to do.

That's funny! I just got reminded of a time when I was a freshman in high school. I was in the band. My mom and I bought my school clothes before we went off for a week at band camp. After hours upon hours of marching in the hot sun. I got sick and didn't eat much. I lost quite a bit of weight and all my clothes were loose. Mom told me to keep them, b/c I would probably gain it back. I didn't. I was well past high school before I needed those sizes again.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:46 AM   #11  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

I have a pair of Banana Republic jeans that I adore...it is ridiculous but I am mad that they don't fit anymore! Even though it's because they are falling off! I just can't let go of them though. And Dana, I do feel the same way sometimes, that I might "need" them again.

Morning is OK. Tired and grumpy this morning. I am trying to throw back the coffee and wake up. I am ready for it to be Friday so I can be outta this place! This morning I tried to go back to sleep and I said, "Next Monday...I can sleep forever!" Except I have a hair appointment at 11:30. Hair is getting too long and messy--I have naturally curly hair, which I know is a blessing, but it is SO thick and gets insane and it takes me two hours to blow dry it. LOL. Chop it off!

I had a fantastic OP day yesterday and went to the gym. Still feeling motivated! I want to look HOT next week at Thanksgiving.

Jessie
Old 11-15-2005, 09:58 AM   #12  

Good morning everyone!

Well, I am still sticking with it but am not going to weigh until my WW meeting Thursday. So far so good on the food side so we shall see.

Busy day; bar association lunch (I ordered the chicken) and evening board meeting of the organization I support which benefits autisitic children. We usually go out for dinner afterward -- I will push for sushi tonight.

I really, really hope I can move my ticker on Thursday!
Old 11-15-2005, 10:25 AM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Just a quickie b/c I'm jugglign projects
so cal how is it going with points an dSBD? I'm t hinking of doing that to help me with portions
Old 11-15-2005, 10:38 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO
Just a quickie b/c I'm jugglign projects
so cal how is it going with points an dSBD? I'm t hinking of doing that to help me with portions
I can't do it any other way! I am the biggest liar to myself when it comes to "reasonable" portions. And, I have long ago lost the ability to stop when I am "full" (whatever that is).

I must admit that I work in potatoes and fruit more often than a strict SBD. I guess you could say that I am doing Phase 3 but counting points so that I will lose weight. I heartily believe what Dr. A says about the glycemic index and how certain carbs are not good for us. However, I don't do well with being told that any particular food is off limits.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:17 AM   #15  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

Not feeling well this morning, woke up with a sore throat.Have to cancel all my activities that I planned today.

Hope you all have a nice day, going back to the old couche and rest.

Hugs BB
Closed Thread