South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 08:29 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend! - November 12 and 13

It's a gorgeous but very cold day out there. The Girls skidded on the frost on the deck when they went roaring outside this morning. I wish I had their enthusiasm first thing in the day - and they don't even need coffee!

Today is a special day! I am leaving for the city shortly to meet Ellis, Mauvaisroux plus Beachgal and Beachguy for lunch (dim sum) and perhaps some Chinatown shopping! This will be great as I've not seen those three since the MOD meet in Philly and have never met Beachguy although I have met Mr. Ellis and M. Mauvaisroux! I will try to behave myself with the dim sum. How does one say "Is this made with whole wheat flour?" when presented with a tray of unidentifiable steamed things? Heck, I'll just have to take some to be polite. I'm hoping Beachgal and her entourage can come for lunch tomorrow here in the boonies and I will have it OP - well, Phase 2.5 anyhow.

So have a glorious Saturday. If you have sunshine, enjoy it because there's not much of it left for November.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:38 AM   #2  
gotta lose it!

Ahh Ruth - that sounds like so much fun. Do tell Ellis that I say Hi...I miss her!!
I am recovering from an awful stomach virus...I was in bed all day yesterday & I'm ready to go back to bed now since the old stomach is starting to cramp up again - ugh! My little furbabies have been keeping me company....I'm so lucky to have them. Well, I'm off to bed......
Old 11-12-2005, 12:57 PM   #3  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

WHERES EVERYONE.

Hopped on the scale and I'n now .5 lighter YIPEEE!!! My stall was broken.
My excuse for not posting earlier is that I had a new hair style appointment. That was my treat for breaking the stall.

Ruth- Have a fun day with the chicks and do say hello to Ellis for me, I miss her also.

Soon-I'm sorry that you have a tummy ache,please take care and happy to hear that your furbablies are near by.

Hugs BB
Old 11-12-2005, 01:04 PM   #4  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Ruth have fun with the group.

Sorry to hear you are sickly Soon. Hope you are over it quickly.

Beachbum WTG

I had an emergency out of town and eating SBD at their house isn't even a possibility. So I lost a couple of days worth of carrots. Back home now and ready to rock and roll. Got my hard cast off but have to wear the splint until Dec. 9, but at least I can shower without garbage bags

Have a good one.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:07 PM   #5  

Sunny Saturday!!
Been to market. Took lots of orders and handed out books. Brought home a homemade lamb stew, YUM!!!
I think I will go out with hubby and do some more raking and yard work and then in for some tidying.Hockey at 7pm.
Food was good for half of yesterday, sigh. I really do like to nibble at things.
Time for a tea and some raking. Happy Fall Saturday ladies!
Old 11-12-2005, 02:54 PM   #6  
Who needs sleep?

Good morning, chicks! (it's still just barely morning in my time zone)

DS is a handful today! I have a rhetorical analysis due tonight, and I can't work on it becuase he keeps getting into mischief! Hopefully he'll take a long nap this afternoon, and then Daddy will be home around 8. I'm definitely only taking two classes next quarter! I'm planning on 11 quarter-credits, which should keep me sufficiently busy. I think I'll take a geography class and probably geology, although I might take chemistry. Both are lab classes, and both are available Winter quarter online.

RNMOM - I'm working on a transfer degree in English, planning to get my BA in Humanities with English and History as my areas of concentration. Your physio-whatchamacallum-no-speaky-Latin classes are waaay above my head, too!

Ruth - have fun! I love shopping in our International District/Chinatown!

soon - take care of yourself and be better soon!

beach bum - yay!

bunna - hope all is well with you?

hh - mmmm! Lamb stew!
Old 11-12-2005, 08:17 PM   #7  

The puter has been rebuild...I'm going through "mourning" thinking about all the files I've lost because I got lazy about doing back ups.. Ah well, lesson learned..
Ruth: oooh how I wish I was having dim sum with you the BG family, Ellis and Mauv! Have a great time!

Soon: feel better sweetie... I have been feeling slightly under the weather my self... no energy, headachy blah... Could be I'm in a walking Carb Coma... My eating lately has been craptacular.

BB: CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS!!!!!
Hi HKO, Bunna and HH...have a great day !!!
Old 11-13-2005, 05:54 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie again! I have a pot of soup to make before Church as Beachgal and Beachguy are coming this morning and will stay for lunch. (Soupe au Pistou which is similar to Minestrone, if you MUST know! )

Yesterday was great! I did step on the scale this morning and am assuming my "blip" is from dim sum treats! On tehw ay home from Ottawa, I did some shopping and picked up the new South Beach cookbook - there certainly are some interesting recipes in there. I'll explore next week.

Gotta get the day cranked up. The Girls are exhausted from their day at the kennel - Keith was actually overbooked so ther was lots of communal barking which is pretty tiring when you usually doze away your day. Silly dogs.

Old 11-13-2005, 09:02 AM   #9  

Ruth~ Erin22 was in at the journals and wanting to connect with you.
Glad it was good day. So nice to connect with friends in RL. I cant wait til we meet!!

Schatzi~ glad the rebuild was successful. HUGS!!

Soon~ hope you are an the mend.

Bunna~ wishing you a day of carrots!!

HKO~I cant imagine trying to do school work with a little guy around. They demand soooo much attention. Hope he napped long and peaceful!!

One day at a time. My days are so full that I really do live one day at a time. I live in the moment. I do do plan my day 1 day ahead. I put everything on my calendar sometimes hour by hour. So yesterday I realized it was Nov 13 and we are having hubby’s family here for Christmas dinner next Sunday on the 20th. It really crept up on me. So today i will plan the meal and delegate side dishes. Hubby’s folks will pay for the turkey. I want to decorate for Christmas to make it festive. We dont do gifts but it should still feel like Christmas. This will be the first year we are not all together right at Christmas. Thanksgiving was good just the 4 of us here and we will only spend an afternoon at my Sis’s christmas day. I am loving this!!!

I still have residual anger towards my aunt.With any other person I would try and work it out but I have learned that in the past when I thought we had had good open convo about things it was a a lie and manipulation on her part so there is no point. I actually donated gifts she has given me in the last few years to the playschool silent auction. Every time I looked at them I cringed at the duplicity they were given with.Hopefully they will raise a lot of money.

Yesterday was a pefect Saturday. it was sunny and breezy and cool. I had a great morning at the market. I came home and had a yummy lunch. Hubby and I did yard work together. I love that.Kinda turns me on LOL! The kids stayed in jammies til supper and watched cartoons and coloured and played with the kitties. I went into town for an errand and the grocery store had beautiful halloween costumes on special for $4/reg over $20. I bought kitty and puppy costumes for dress up. And makeup kits for 44 cents. What a blast. Very exciting!!!
We had a quick supper, DD went next door and then we went to hockey. I took 2 Avon orders there.giggle.
I watched all the decorating shows onTLC ( love their Sat night) and folded laundry and tidied up. This aft i will clean.
We have church this morning. Hubby and the kids are going skating at 2. I really want to go watch but also have tons to do here. I like to skate too but hubby gets worried cause I have a bad foot and he doesn’t want me to get hurt.
I made a curry peanut dip to have with some left over shrimp from dinner yesterday as my snack last night. it was yummy. The problem is that I would have eaten twice as much if there was more. I did go browse the cupboards but didn’t eat more.
Okay need to get the kids in the tub and me in the tub and get ready for church at 10:15.

Love to the chickies!!!!
Old 11-13-2005, 09:18 AM   #10  
gotta lose it!

I'm feeling much better today. Although my stomach is a little achy...which I'm glad about because we have a b-day party today & it will help me resist the cake....nothing sounds good! I got on the scale today....213. I'm down 4lbs for the month...probably from my stomach virus!
Ruth - I just got the new cookbook too.....already tried the sirlion steaks, with tomatoes and olives - so good!! I can't wait to try the pear muffins!
I gotta go get ready...sharing my 1 bathroom with dbf & dbf's sister!!
Old 11-13-2005, 11:37 AM   #11  

Hello to everyone...

I am just checking in quickly to let you know that I have returned (again). It is so good to see so many familiar chicks -- and there is wonderful Ruth, still hangin' in there...friend to us all and legendary dog mom up in the cold North!

I am highly motivated right now but I've had to go back to WW for a little more discipline and portion control! So I will be spending some time on that board as well but I consider "the beach" to be my home and SBD foods to be much better for my health.

That's it for now. See you around!

Last edited by SoCalBirdLady; 11-13-2005 at 08:51 PM.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:28 PM   #12  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Good morning chickies

Today we are going to brunch with a friend and his visiting mom. No intention of worrying too much about what I eat. Just enjoy and then back to task. Same theory I am taking with T-Day and Christmas. Better than making myself

Then the 9 yo dgd will spend the rest of the day with us watching movies anfd just hanging out. The 14 yo dgd is doing pretty good and we got some things straightened out so she is more pleasant.

Everyone have a wonderful day.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:46 PM   #13  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

Thanks for the congrats chicks,I treated myself by getting a cut & new hair style.Now hopefully I will be able to get those last 8 lbs off down to goal,once & for all.

Went out with my friends to brunch and the new waitress took our order without writing it down,well!!!You wouldn't believe how she botched up the order.I really felt sorry for her,as the cook was getting angry with her.Luckly the the restraurant was empty.

Have a nice Sunday. Hugs BB
Old 11-13-2005, 06:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Welcome back, SoCalBirdLady, I missed you!

Ruth, I bet you had a wonderful weekend! How is Ellis, I really miss her here on the Beach.

I was visiting my daughter's family all weekend and had a nice visit, but my older GD woke up with a virus this morning, very sick and weak. She seemed a little better when I left after lunch today, but DD just called and said they had to rush her to the hospital, she became dehydrated and passed out. She's on an IV fluid right now and is starting to stabilize, and the Dr's are checking to see whether she got a touch of food poisoning or what. They think she may have just gotten a virus. I sure hope she starts feeling better real soon. Talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:20 PM   #15  
gotta lose it!

Cottage - I think your gd has what I had....it hits you fast & it's awful....it took me 20 mins to put on my jeans,t-shirt, and sweatshirt the first day I had it. I had to go to work because I was the opening mgr & no open would answer their darn phone. I was laying on the office floor I was so sick! When I came home a hour later I was in bed all day & all Sat. Today I felt much better but my stomach still cramps sometimes. I've been drinking juice, gatorade, and water - not very OP, but necessary at the time. Hope she feels better soon!!
Closed Thread