South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 03:34 PM   #1  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Talking Phase I start 10/24

Does anyone want to start or restart Phase I on Monday with me? I have been slacking and need to start again to refocus--I am just going to Phase I-it for a week.

Would love support though if anyone wants to join in the fun! :-D

Jessie
Old 10-21-2005, 09:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 183/182/150

Height: 5'7

Hi, I started today..Friday.10/21. I am also a sugar holic. So I laughed when I saw your "recovering sugarholic" by your name. I was on the SB a month or so ago and did and felt really good. Better than when I was on WW. Sugar is the hardest thing for me to give up. Candy specifically... I can do all day and then around evening I hit the couch, TV and want sugar.
On SB it was amazing that my sugar cravings went away. I lost 3.5 in 8 days.
I am at 174 now and would like to drop 20 lbs. How will we find each other in the posts again?

Take care,
Wendy
Old 10-21-2005, 09:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 183/182/150

Height: 5'7

I added you to my buddy list
Old 10-21-2005, 10:56 PM   #4  

Smile Starting Phase 1

I would love to join in! I was planning on starting SB MOnday. Me & a friend are going to buddy up at work. I am trying to lose 25 pounds by March for my wedding. I need all the support & encouragement I can get!! Look forward to the contact on this site! The recipes and tips all look very helpful.
Look forward to sharing ideas with you all.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:17 PM   #5  

Monday will be the start of week 2 for me. If you're just regrouping and doing a week, I'm right there with ya!!!!
Let's go girls!!!!
Old 10-24-2005, 09:50 AM   #6  
Recovering Sugarholic

Hey ladies--let's check in this morning! How is everyone doing on Phase I so far? I had 1/2 of an asparagus, crabmeat and cheese omelet this morning and coffee. Tried to eat before I left home and I am never that hungry at 6:30 AM! Usually I bring breakfast to work with me, and eat when I am hungry. I brought cheese and almonds for a snack today and roasted veggie soup and the souffle-stuffed chicken for lunch. Mmm!

Let's get a walk in today! It's freezing here--we went from summer to winter! Frost on the car this morning! But I walk at work during lunch with a friend and also during one of my breaks.

Jessie
Old 10-24-2005, 10:41 AM   #7  

Default My first day!!

Today's my first day on SB Phase 1. Yesterday I went and got groceries, prepared lunch and snacks for today. Breakfast I had an egg, onion with cheese omelet. Water. Snacks will be some almonds in a.m. a turkey roll up in afternoon. Lunch I'm have a salad with grilled chicken & no sugar balsamic vinagrette dressing.

I am so excited but nervous that I'll still eat the wrong things. I really need to stick to this to get down 25 lbs for my wedding. That's why I'm here I need all the support I can get. I'm 5'4" and starting at 186.4 lbs. Nobody can believe I weigh that much--I told my best friend at work who is starting with me & she said no way, but I do. I guess I hide it well. I have large chest and a pooch stomach that I need to get rid of.

I started walking on my treadmill again & will get some weight exercises in too. I'm looking forward to SB being a new way of eating healthy, last time I tried I lost and had a ton more energy! I need that too.

Look forward to chatting with you all & getting motivation through the board.
Thank you!!!!!
Old 10-24-2005, 11:58 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies
I've Laid out my beachtowel and I'm ready to DETOX!
today's plan is
2 hb eggs for breakfast (no time last night to concoct Spinach Quiche)
am snack
string cheese
Lunch
Veggie packed Chili
PM snack
Walnuts
Dinner
either
London Broil and the veggie of my choice
or
A new experiment!
Zitiless Baked Ziti
I'll let you know how this turns out I concocted it in my mind yesterday!
Exercise is going to hold off till PT tommorrow I have the Chick Dr today and won't be feelign my WATP tonight.
bbl
Kierie
PS Jessie I love your puppy pic!
Old 10-24-2005, 12:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

Hi,

First time on this board and this is the first thread I've seen!

I've also started phase 1 today- I've had a 3 month plateau after losing 15 lbs with WW three months ago and have decided to kickstart myslef with the SB plan (did it before and lost 10lbs in 3 weeks) Going on holiday to Dubai in 17 days so will try to stick to phase 1 for the whole time

I'm in cold rainy Warwick in the UK, so thinking about South Beach and bikinis is hard!!!!

Old 10-24-2005, 12:24 PM   #10  

Hi,
I've restarted SBD today on Phase 1. Glad to have you guys as company!

Now, I must have lost my mind or my glasses because I can't seem to see the FAQ section. I also did a search and couldn't find the answer to this question: Are flax seeds ok on Phase 1? They are a seed and listed under the nuts section, so that sounds ok, but could they be considered a grain? Help!

Thanks folks,
Old 10-24-2005, 01:07 PM   #11  
Recovering Sugarholic

Clareh, My best friend spent a semester at the University of Warwick in the UK, she adored it! :-D

I think flax seed is okay on Phase I--will see what I can find.

Jessie
Old 10-24-2005, 01:54 PM   #12  
Recovering Sugarholic

I checked over on FAQs, flax seed is considered a nut, limit to 3 tablespoons a day.

Jessie
Old 10-24-2005, 06:30 PM   #13  

Thanks Jessie, that solves breakfast! How have you all done on Phase 1 Day 1? I've been really good and even got some exercise.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:29 PM   #14  
Obsessive Poster

I'm restarting Phase I in the morning. A day late, but I'm here, and that's gotta count for something.

I hope you're all surviving Phase 1. I always end up off the diet at the end of the second week of Phase 1. I really need to work on that.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:44 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

Phase 1 update!

I've cheated and had a carrot (as I wanted something to crunch and thought it was better than fruit. However, I'm not going to beat myself up about it)

Today's menu

B egg, ham and spinach, low fat baby bel cheese
S: carrot and home made hummous
L: Veggie soup, chicken tikka salad
S: Pistachio Nuts
D: King prawn stir fry (king prawns, pak choi, peppers etc..)

I've only got the first old book and I know there have been some updates. How does this look to you all??

Good luck for the rest of the week
Closed Thread