South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 12:25 PM   #16  
Obsessive Poster

Hey Ladies! It's day four, and the carb cravings have finally stopped being overwhelming! Thank god. I don't think I could've taken another day of it.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:45 PM   #17  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Hello lovely ladies! I am feeling much better today, still sniffly and I am sure sounding awful to all those people I talk to all day (I am in customer service), but feeling happier. We had a big spread this morning at work for our new director...hmm...splurged a little but stayed away from the sweets and ate dips, veggies, etc (ok, and two small cookies--but not ten!). Tomorrow is my weigh-in day...so we shall see. I know I am not going to have lost so I need to step it up!!! I have been trying out lots of yummy SBD friendly recipes trying to find a few I love. The one I adore is Parmesan Fish--is that recipe on this website? It is heavenly. Tonight we are having salmon with a dijon mustard sauce. Mmm!

Kye, I am a professional freelance proofreader if you want someone to look over your paper for you! I won't even charge ya! LOL. That offer extends to anyone who is in school, I won't edit, but I check for grammar, punctuation, typos, etc. I was an English major in college and know the perils of papers!

Everyone keep up heart, keep working, stay on that beach towel (I think I am buried in the sand today!).

Love,
Jessie
Old 10-12-2005, 12:48 PM   #18  

Heddo Chickies..just a quick check in ta let ya know I ain't dead...just feel like it.. dis cooowd is a weal doozy.. in bed, soup and tea.. will come back to visit when I feel my perky self again..
Old 10-12-2005, 01:09 PM   #19  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Just checking back in it's lunch time and my spinach quiche and Mexican bean salad await (there were no easy Leftovers!)
Hey Jesse How did you get into freelance Proofreading? Are you a writer as well?Winter thats Great!
Dana We're allowed Cream?
Schatzi feel better Lovie we'll send Romano over to you
I changed My October goal to a Thanksgiving goal I figured a little extra pressure was good Like Seeing buckets of family Some of Whom Tall Skinny and Gorgeous Cousins (who are genuinely nice so you CAN'T hate them!)
bbiab FOOD!
Kierie
Old 10-12-2005, 01:16 PM   #20  

KO- It may be ff half and half. I no longer use a recipe for the mashed cauliflower.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:39 PM   #21  
Who needs sleep?

Helloooooo, everyone!

kyemom - great topic! I feel strongly about breed-specific legislation and so on, especially the insurance. We don't have a dog at this time (DS is too young still), but I love GSDs, which are frequently targeted by insurance companies. I checked with our insurance co (USAA), and they don't deny or cancel policies based on dog breed - they just ask that you inform them if you have a dog of any breed so they have it on file.

I'm supposed to be working on a "descriptive essay" - I'm writing on tea and its cultural and historical significance. I'm ready for revision #2, which may be my final revision. I've gotten 2 fairly thorough critiques, but one of them was nearly worthless; she mostly made incorrect grammatical "corrections" (pardon the redundancy). The remainder of her comments were practically identical to the comments on an earlier, and much better, critique. I'm guessing she read that critique first! You would think that by the time a student reached second-year writing classes, she'd have at least some rudimentary grammatical and critiquing skills! Still, at least she tried - which was better than most. Beggars can't be choosers!

Sorry I've been so scarce lately - In addition to the usual workload, I've been having problems first with my ISP and then as soon as that was fixed, with some hostile code that insinuated itself onto my computer and wouldn't come out again. DH (mr ubergeek) and I spent most of the evening trying to dig it all out and clean up the mess. It was especially frustrating because I am so very, extremely, paranoically careful - but it slipped past all my defenses. The really ironic thing was that it apparently came from a website that DH gave me the URL to! What a week....

I'm up 2 lbs today, but it's about TTOM and I'm sure that more than accounts for it. No more weighing for a few days or so, until that has passed! I also had to switch from sourdough to just ww breads - the sourdough was killing my stomach! I was having indigestion almost 24/7 from just a little sourdough bread. I don't do well with acidic foodsl, much as I love them.

Take care, chicks, and have a great week!
Old 10-12-2005, 01:55 PM   #22  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

KO, I work for a Christian publisher. I write as well, so it's a good job for me, and eventually I hope to be a copy editor. I had just asked around about opportunities that could help me along, and they suggested the proofreading. I do it at home and love it, a chance to do what I really like even though often it means working 50 hours a week instead of 40.

Jessie
Old 10-12-2005, 02:13 PM   #23  
Kyemom

Thanks for the offer Jessie!!!
Old 10-12-2005, 02:17 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Djett--I don't have a food processor. I used a hand mixer, so maybe that's the trick. It made the cauliflower look like they were shredded!! I think I steamed them long enough? Maybe I'll give it another try next weekend. This weekend is too hectic with company. I do most of my cooking on weekends and cook only 2-3 times in the week.

Kyemom--I am an insurance agent. I too am upset at our companies that give those guidelines about the breeds. There is one that even restricts chows, and huskies. Most of the others are the standard rotts, pit bulls etc. I am such an animal lover and to tell my clients that I can't give them home insurance because of a dog (their family member) it just kills me. Good luck to you!!!!
Old 10-12-2005, 02:23 PM   #25  
Kyemom

Some are putting Great Danes on that list. This is how I first came to know about it. I am a Great Dane mom.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:47 PM   #26  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

kyemom: What a great topic! I think instead of cancelling insurance simply based on a breed they should use other standards like any history with animal control or any history of agression in a dog. I think if someone does not properly care for their dogs they should be barred from owning pets for life let alone cancelled on their insurance. Esp when people chain their dogs up 24/7. That makes a vicious dog for sure. I've met lots of pit bulls, supposed vicious dogs, and they have all been big loveable babies. And rottweilers are documented over and over again for saving children's lives. It's just that those stories don't make headlines as much as a vicious dog mauling does.

I think it's the type of people who gravitiate towards dogs with a type of reputation and then they make sure their dog lives up to the big bad image they want. I've always wanted a pit bull but since I rent for now it's not an option for me...too hard to find good housing. Next year when I move out to CA w/ my bf we still won't be able to get one since he wants to get some sort of big fluffy big from the pound. He's waiting 'till my dog gets out there to make sure the new dog gets along with Her Majesty .....she thinks she's human and is very picky about the associations she makes with other fellow furbabies!!

Ok, I've rambled enough about dogs on a diet forum ! I was OP today except for too many sf fudgecicles. I don't know what's been wrong with me but I've been starving for the last few days. I'm not craving bad carbs or sweets, just been hungry for the last 3 days for some reason. Not sure why, but I'm trying to really watch it. I don't want to undo all the good I've done this time on P1.

Have a great evening, ladies!!
Old 10-12-2005, 11:42 PM   #27  
RNMOM

Default This would be me...........

TOM WON! Nuff said!
Closed Thread