South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 01:53 PM   #16  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

My MIL Tries
My Mom doesn't not to be mean or anything just because she cooks stuff my gram will actually eat (the woman is 80 pounds soaking wet) she needs calories!
SweetTea my Quiche super easy
3 10 oz blocks of Spinach
1 onion of your choice
3 tbsp of minced garlic(the jar kind) or more (we love garlic)
12 eggs
italian seasoning
Parmesan cheese
salt pepper

Spray a 9X12 pan with butter cooking spray
Nuke 3 boxes of Spinach for about 8 min (for all 3 boxes together)
Drain the spinach and get as much liquid out as you can
Chop 1 onion however way you like
Press the fully drained spinach into the bottom of the pan Top with onions
Whip eggs together then whip in garlic italian seasoning (I also added some dried onion) and salt and pepper
then whip in Parmesan cheese (how much is up to you)
Pour egg Mixture over onions and spinach it will not completely cover veggies
Top with additional Parmesan
Bake at 350 for 45 min to an hour
makes 10/12 servings
Dh wanted to devour it last night
Old 10-10-2005, 01:55 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

LOL Kyemom!! My MIL does make a bit of a better effort . I would have been seeing red if she did to me what yours did to you. Mine is very nice but is a bit of a blond at heart. AS far as cooking goes she is a bit out of practice and her tastes are really quite bland. I think dh grew up on manwhich, hamburger helper, mac n cheese, and bbq chicken and white rice. He had never eaten a salsd unitl he me me in college. at least he will now eat a lot of variety with me.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:17 PM   #18  

Ruthie, our basement was 4K, same type of job.Our health improved greatly. Less colds,didn't drag on. I advocate strongly for the Avon bath time!!! LOL!!
HUGS!!!
I definitely have a cold too. A week behind hubby.The kids have it too.OUr thanksgiving was devine!!! Went to my folks todya fopr lunch. The whole ordeal was 2 hours!! It was just right.
I am making turkey soup stock and stew today. House work. The kids have cleaned their rooms and I will vacuum. DS has hockey preactise at 4;30. DD and I are staying home.
It is brisk and damp out and a bit of scotch mist but no real real. I have one bed put to bed for the wonter4 to go and a long drink for my trees and shrubs.

Feeling wonderful. Tomorrow will be OP. I just ate the last of the pumpkin pie with my afternoon coffee. mmmmmmmm

HUGS to everyone.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:52 PM   #19  

KO -- that sounds wonderful!! I had been making quiche cups with sausage or canadian bacon, cheese, and eggs in the little foil cupcake thingies but this sounds even easier and so yummy.

I have fresh spinich so should I maybe cook it a bit and drain it before using it or just go buy some frozen?

Hollyhock --mmmm pie
Old 10-10-2005, 03:58 PM   #20  

Hi, everyone! I am back from Wood Badge training and have finally finished reading all the posts. I'd like to offer a big welcome to all the new beachers.

This training session was so different from the first when we had 100 degree temperatures. All three days this time we had temperatures in the 40's. The wind was so strong on the first day that only certain cookstoves would stay lit. We had a LOT of rain but still had a ton of fun. They did have to cancel our conservation project since we could not morter to make the fireplace rings in the rain but we'll come back in February to do whatever Ranger Roy needs us to do. One day they let us wear our blue jeans under our scout shorts since it was so cold.

The food was about as far from OP as you could get but I have no cravings from it. I'm up a little but I'm sure I can lose that pretty quickly. A lot is probably water retention from all of the salt in the processed food. And we didn't drink a lot of water since it was so cold. I did have lots of hot tea though and only drank one cup of hot chocolate.

I was the only woman elected as permanent patrol leader of any of the eight patrols so I do have some continuing responsibilities for our patrol. We're now like a family after this training.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:55 PM   #21  

Hey there Barbara!! I was wondering where you were off to . It sounds like a good time despite the chill and wet.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:00 PM   #22  
Obsessive Poster

Thanks for the support ladies.

I survived my sister's pancakes this morning! I ran out to the store to get away from the smell. While shopping, I did stop and stare at some carb-filled goodies a few times, but I didn't buy a single one!

Taramoon: Unfortunately, my sister makes pancakes for breakfast every morning, except for when she makes biscuits. I could ask her not to, but then she'd be pretty nasty for the next two weeks. I'll just be here every morning at pancake time.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:49 PM   #23  
beachbum

Thanks Ladies for all your support and for the congrats Hugs BB
Closed Thread