South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 09:55 AM   #16  

Ruth~ I did email you a copy.

I cant really afford a cleaner and it is just once. I received a bonus from Avon so I am using that. I cant wait!!
Old 10-03-2005, 10:06 AM   #17  

Kiko - I love the State Fair! But the food is awful! It's hard to find anything remotely healthy to eat there. RISD gets off next Monday for Fair day and I wish I could take the day off and go then but since I'm off this Thurs and Fri for Wood Badge training, I just didn't feel I could take another day off.

I finally have the Wood Badge project totally done and packed safely in my backpack. Now I need to work on my presentation. I'm trying to keep it to 2 minutes but it is still almost 2.5 min long. We're also doing a skit/story for the campfire and we have a really funny one we found on the internet called You Might Be a Wood Badger... Well, it's funny if you've been to Wood Badge training. Right now it looks like I will have to bring a sleeping bag. While the low temp last session was about 80, they are predicting a low of 41 for Thursday night. That's cold for a Texan!
Old 10-03-2005, 10:24 AM   #18  
gotta lose it!

Morning all...I'm up doing laundry...yuck - but it has to be done. I work later today - ugh!
I had the weekend off, yesterday DBF & I went to Toys r Us & did some xmas shopping for the little niece & his little cousin. It was fun....I got her a cabbage patch kid...remember those!? I can remember my mom standing in line at Kmart at 4:00 in the morning with my grandmother to get my sister & I one! Luckly I didn't have to do that!! I did have to search for a Cloe Bratz doll & after I found the one I wanted, some little girl tried to take it out of my cart! What the?!! I snarl at her...not very nice, but I dug for this doll for 20 mins!
Well I'm doing phase 1 this week...trying to jump start some weight loss...cottage cheese & tomotoes for b-fast, turkey chili for dinner...still thinking about lunch!!
Have a great day!!
Old 10-03-2005, 10:58 AM   #19  
RNMOM

Default Hello

Well, things are a little back to normal here after being in Utah to help my son with his fence and then I worked from 10:00 to !0:00pm I'm wasted this morning. My daughter is out of school for potato harvest so there is no reason to get up early. I love that. I'm so wiped out from work yesterday, I may just take a nap.

Didn't do great on eating over the weekend, I sure need to be in my element. I didn't prepare very well to be gone. I was supposed to be done with phase 1 today, but I think I'll extend that until Wednesday or Thursday. Phase 1 is actually easier for me once I'm in the mode, adding fruit and good carbs is sometimes pretty dangerous for me.

I think I'm also going to join the exercise challenge, maybe I could be a princess some day. Well, all you lovely ladies take care and take charge!
Old 10-03-2005, 11:21 AM   #20  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

Just a fly-by to share this tidbit:
According to a recent World Health Organization (WHO) report, eating the equivalent of at least four cups of vegetables and fruits a day could reduce lung cancer worldwide by 12 percent.
The Beach is the place to be!
Old 10-03-2005, 11:53 AM   #21  

Good morning to all you chicks on the beach,

I had a pretty good weekend and I was able to stay on plan. Mostly because we were home. I started phase II last week. added some strawberries and used some whole wheat flour one night, no cravings so I added oatmeal this morning. My DS's girlfriend broke it off this weekend so I'm living with a heartbroken adolescent. This morning has been housekeeping and laundry this afternoon I have Dentist appt. and I wants to surf for some make ahead breakfast and dessert recipes.

Pearshape - glad the fair is gone and I'm envious of your new cookbook hope it arrives soon

Wenchy - sounds like you got off to a super start this am and hope you reach your 65min exercise goal

Hollyhock - What a great time to have cleaners come - before all the holidays, and congrats on not overindulging.

Djett - Sorry you got off to a late start, hope it doesn't affect the rest of your day.

Ruthxxx - Hope your walk goes safely. I tripped walking my Bostons about a month ago and I didn't have any knee problems only clumsiness.

Schatzi - Sorry you had the bug and good luck on returning to phase I this week

Kyemom - Your choices may not have been th best this weekend but what fun to spend time with your girlfriends. I'm so glad we get a fresh start each day.

Kiko - Enjoy your time off

Barb0522 - After listening to all your hard work I think you should be awarded a Wood Badge - Wish we had a gust of that cool air here I think it's supposed to be 92 toady

Soon2Bfab - I'm glad someone is starting their Christmas shopping I still don't want to think about it yet. Hope phase I gives you a jump start and since it's almost lunchtime,that you have thought of something phase I fabulous to eat

RNMOM - After all your hard work you deserve a nap. Eating out of town is hard. The last time I visited my mom I took a cooler filled with phase I friendly food and I still made some bad choices.

If I missed you this am forgive me and I hope all of you have a great day on the beach!
Old 10-03-2005, 12:09 PM   #22  

Hello Dear Ones,

I love reading ALL your posts and as much as I want to respond to each one individually, I won't have time today. I am on day 3 of Ph 1 and feeling a big slump coming on. Had a problem and work and IMMEDIATLEY thought about eating. But I didn't...know why? I didn't want to have to tell you guys about it!!!! I swear that's true. I'm off to eat fish and asparagus for lunch.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:25 PM   #23  

Taramoon- Isn't amazing how you feel accountable to women on your computer screen? LOL I also have a friend that IM throughout the day. She is the one that has been talking to me about my sugar addiction for about 2 years. She holds me accountable and even worse, she ASKS what I ate! We also keep each other in check on the water department. I'm glad that you resisted. Keep it up!
Old 10-03-2005, 12:35 PM   #24  

2 bt mom - We're also supposed to be 92 today as well. But we have a cold front coming through before the camping trip and the location is north of here (on the Oklahoma border) so it gets cooler there. We probably will feel cooler than you though. I remember well the humidity when I was growing up in Tampa.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:53 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

Happy Monday Greetings Girlies!! I am pulling my towel up and setting out my unsweet tea and a book this afternoon. Well, at least for a little bit before getting back to the housework and kid play. I have recently had to give up reading very much and I have missed it terribly. Nothing like getting lost in a great book even if it is just for 15 minutes at a time.

I apologize for not getting to respond to everyones post very often... I always feel great when I get to touch base with everyone in the chat but I know that at lunch time I will invariably get called away. Right now I am keeping an eye on Beren. He's our 2 1/2 year old. This weekend he decided that he would give the potty a try. YAY!!! He has been running around with no bottoms on and I keep asking him if he needs to go. His potty has been moved all around the house . it's right next to me in the living room now.

Restarting phase 1 has been good. This is day 3 and so far I feel good. I had a minor slip yesterday at lunch but it was not too bad in the scheme of things. I am back down on the lower side of my yo-yo # from last month. I am hoping ot be able to update my ticker in a few days. I wanna see those lbs gone for a little while before updating.

Exercise question -- I did about 5 hours worth of major cleaning on Saturday here at home and I was wondering how much time I should count / can count on my exercise chart. I have put 1 hour worth towards my goal. Does this sound reasonable?
Old 10-03-2005, 01:01 PM   #26  
Who needs sleep?

Hi everyone - I'd love to post a nice, long response to all your posts, but I'm short on time (as usual) - I'm behind in my reading, so now I have 4 chapters of my Environmental Science text to read, plus all of Beowulf (including the intro) and assorted essays. That's in addition to homework - and to top it off, DS has a pretty bad cold.

I hope you all have a great day! As they say, no rest for the wicked! So back to work I go....
Closed Thread