South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 11:56 AM   #16  

RNMOM: How did you do on that phycobabble test?
Old 09-20-2005, 12:39 PM   #17  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies
I'm back on the beach I ordered groceries online last night so they should arrive this evening. Technology is loving my busy butt I'm going to buy that jorge cruz book 8 min for ppl wnho need to lose more than 30 (Paraphrase) the reviews said the exercises were great for ppl who are really out of shape I think thats right up my alley!
I had a double non scale victory today!
1 the jeans I'm wearing have an inch or more of buttoning room I was seeing how far I'd have to go to have it fit my waist and it was approx an inch past the button hole!
Also I have a shirt on that my stomach used to graze (ie you could see the gut through the shirt) NO GRAZING! I am graze free!
Kye I'll be thinking of you Good Luck
Dana that meatball casserole sounds nummy. the rest I will have to reread to catch back up
bbiab
Kierie
Old 09-20-2005, 12:49 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

Hey girlies! Just checking in while the little ones are occupied. I'm sorry for not getting to be around much and for not getting to write more. I have been checking in every day though and sending everyone positive thoughts!!

The meatball caserole is one of our favorites -- I just made it again last night. We have it with/on salad and it's so yummy. I vary the ingredients slightly each time I make them but the onions, garlic, and parm cheese is a standard in our recipe. Occasionally I will doctor the pizza sauce with a bit of fresh garlic and a packet of splenda. the recipe I wanna try next is the bean brownie one...

I have been waffling up and down on another 2 lb loss this week. i would like to see it gone for another day and then I will update my tracker. I was able to exercise today and I have made good progress with eating at regular intervals today so i feel positive that these 2 will be lost lbs for sure .

I am in week 6 of being back OP and I think things are going well. I am finding that my metabolism has really really slowed compaired to how it was before I was pregnant with Logan. I thought that I may have had a low thyroid problem back in June but my Dr. said my tests came out fine (I had tonz of symptoms though). Is it possible to be on the low side but not really be classified as hypothyroid? It seems like it takes my body about a year after childbirth to get back to a "normal" working order. Just brainstorming... I know that the exercise will help things get going better.

Hugs-n-love to you all!!!
Old 09-20-2005, 01:12 PM   #19  
Kyemom

ok...so the word is....They offered me a demotion...same pay same benefits, just having to take on a bunch of crappy tasks in addition to what I am now doing, instead of taking over all of the important stuff that the other girl is doing (who decided to stay since her husbands business is not doing well)....She has been wavering back and forth for 2 years now, then decided she was leaving, so they hired me...now she decides to stay...I don't know what to do....there is now no room for growth at all. Help chicks!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2005, 01:44 PM   #20  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hi girls. Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm not feeling well again, and this is like 3 months in a row I've gone through this. And no, I'm still not pregnant (not that we want to be, that's just not the cause of it.) I'm nauseous again, the smell of food makes me nauseous, I can't keep food down, I can't eat because after I eat (even if I'm hungry) I get nauseous and when I get nauseous, I get panicky. The only time I get any relief is when I'm asleep, and I'm so panicky that I can't even lay down without taking something to sedate me. This has been since Saturday.

I'm going to the doctor again tomorrow. I don't know what they're going to do for me, but the nurse said it's either allergies or hormonal. It's not PMS because it's not time for that yet, so I don't know what's going on.

I'm just really tired of having anxiety attacks all day and night, every day and night.

Say some prayers because my body is a bit out of whack, it seems.

Thanks girls.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:56 PM   #21  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

Went to the doctors this morning for my thyroid blood test and I found out that I have artritus in my left hand fingers.Yikes I'm a knitter as a hobby and now its going to be differcult getting the needles to work property.

Back to walking & my exercise to 80 mins per day,as I was lacking last week not feeling well. Got an a idea for my snacking in the evening. I used 2 snack inbeween my meals that I don't need to anymore, so I moved them to snacks for watching T.V.[yogurts with spreadable fruit topping and fruit with whipped topping.]I also had a tomato cocktail[v8 with 8 grape tomatoes on a a kabob stick stirrer]another way to get your veggies in.

Have to go, have a nice day Hugs BB
Old 09-20-2005, 03:10 PM   #22  

kathy! Darlin DEEP BREATH! Here are the positives: You still have a job and getting paid the same amount... sooo, if you dont like it and there is no room for growth you start looking again..in the meantime, become indispensable and learn all you can!
BB: darlin, I hope you will still continue to try to knit those caps and sweaters and whatever else you knitters do.. I know a woman who has such a horrendous case that her fingers are really quite deformed..yet she still knits.. she doesnt do elaborate stitches anymore but she makes some gorgeous things.. last Xmas she made me a set of these fruit potholders.. I dont use them, have them hanging over my oven.. a watermelon, apple, lime,lemon and apple. She could have made me the most elaborate stitched bedspread..and I would treasure these potholders even more.
KO a goil after my own heart! I loooooove on line shopping ! Why I think the last 3 years I only bought a handfull of things for xmas..just waited for UPS dude to show up instead
Weezle.. things aint sounded right.. doesnt sound like allergies to me.. and hormone shormone.. Git yerself CHECKED OUT LICKITYSPLIT !!...
okay out to wax the car...sigh, STOP I know....u wish were me ... I live on the edge
Old 09-20-2005, 03:21 PM   #23  
Who needs sleep?

Hi everyone,

Classes start today for me (DH's class started yesterday), so I'm not going to have a lot of time to post - but I'll still read when I can.

DS is pretty much over his tummy thing, as am I. My brother's family had it worse than we did, and they are still a little sickish. DS is over at daycare today, and when I took him in, he looked around for a minute and then set to it - instead of hiding behind me and looking all uncertain. So I guess he's getting comfy there!

Now that we're better, I'm back on ph1 for a few days - at least through Friday. I'm not sure how long (or if) I'll go beyond that. I did have some chocolate, but other than that it was mostly just not enough vegs, and once or twice a little too much ww bread or whatever. Still, not too bad considering. I was 1 lb more this morning, but I think it was water retention - the seasoning we put on the lamb last night was a little salty, and I had some salted popcorn last night. I don't think I'll bother changing my ticker over that, especially as it should come right off and take a few friends along with it (assuming I'm wrong about the water weight).

Kyemom - I'm so sorry! I hope everything works out for you! That's really ratty of your coworker, to do that to you and your company. Sending lots of good luck wishes your way. At least you can look around while you're still working there - and who knows? She may change her mind again!

Weezle - I hope you feel better soon. Could it be stress?

Beach Bum - Is there anything you can take? Is it painful or are your hands just stiff? My MIL (also a knitter, used to spin) had carpal tunnel at one point, but at least that's operable. I hope at least it's not too severe?

Ruth and Ellis - glad you had fun at the Mod meeting! Did Laurie go, too? I didn't see anything from her saying one way or the other (but maybe I missed it, as I'm reading through these in a hurry).

Everyone else - have a lovely day on the Beach! I'm thinking about all of you, even when I can't get 2 seconds in a row to post!
Old 09-20-2005, 05:48 PM   #24  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yup, Laurie, Ellis and I were there and had a ball! Laurie is visiting her folks in CA this week but I'm sure she'll pop in to snoop at least!

I'm just back from a very long afternoon and need to feed the Doggage. There are no more mushrooms in the yard for them right now but I'll need to check early tomorrow morning. Damned vegetarian dogs!
Old 09-20-2005, 05:48 PM   #25  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Hey Weezle just my two cents worth for you. You may want to have your doctor check your thyroid levels. I was having horrible panic attacks and they found that my thyroid wasn't normal. When I started the thyroid meds everything started getting better. May not be what your problem is but it is worth the test to find out. Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

As always I am crazy busy. We got my aunt's house cleaned out over labor day weekend and now have it on the market. We started at 6am Friday morning and finished Monday afternoon at about 3pm. I put it in the September exercise challenge and OK it was a little scarey how hard we all worked but explained why I was and still am sore. Yesterday we moved her from the nursing home to her new senior apartment after spenind all weekend getting everything moved in and set up for her. We still aren't quite done with all of the move in stuff but far enough to move her in and start getting her settled. She seems to be doing really well. I wasn't able to spend the night with her the first night but she didn't have any problems. Now all we have to do is get everything that won't fit into the apartment or that she doesn't want anymore cleaned up and have a yard sale before the weather gets to bad. Hopefully we will be there by October 1st weekend.

My job is going well and no more layoff talk and hubby is picking up more hours from all of his part time jobs so things are looking better for us. Hopefully in another month things will get back to normal for us again.

Sorry I don't have time to post to everyone but I hope everyone has a great day!!

Last edited by Sheba's Mom; 09-20-2005 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:49 PM   #26  
beachbum

Hi

Schatzi-I love knitting and will do my best to get my projects done. Working a woolen socks,right now.Have the right one done its the left one that needs to be done.My aunt use to make beautiful table cloths & bed spreads knitting with worster.Never got that far,as I just an amathur

H-KO-My doctor told me to take asprin or ifprophin if it really get bad. I using joint-ritus rub(arthritis pain reliever made with Lanolin,
glucosamine & Chondrotin) and this really helps, I'm able to type much better now that I'm using this Joint-ritis.

Thanksboth for your concern Hugs BB
Old 09-20-2005, 07:54 PM   #27  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Well, I'm feeling ok. All I've had to eat is a handful of nuts (which I purged myself of earlier) and a piece of cheese. The cheese stayed down with no nausea. My whole wheat bread was moldy, I found, so I'm going to try something else here in awhile. I wanted to drop weight, but not this way!

I'll mention to my doc about the blood work. I need to see how I'm doing anyway.

Hopefully I'm feeling better tomorrow. Have volleyball tomorrow night. I'll keep you all posted.
Closed Thread