South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 07:45 PM   #16  
Who needs sleep?

That reminds me, one of my favorite web comics http://www.questionablecontent.net/index.php has a t-shirt quoting a curvy (more voluptuous than fat) character who referred to herself as "aerodynamically curvaceous" - I just adore that phrase! When I've gone down from fat to voluptuous, I will have to get that shirt for sure!
Old 09-23-2005, 03:57 AM   #17  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

KO, I loved shopping at Lane Bryant! Not only did many of their clothes actually make me look pretty good in spite of my size, but they were well made, they fit well, and they were so trendy! The same people who own Victoria's Secret and Express (I think that's the other store they own) own LB, so the clothes are really up-to-date. They are pricey, but not as bad as some places...and you can get good sale items. Their bras are essential if you are well-endowed, and they even have lingerie, super-suckers (girdle-type thingies) jewelry, and lots more. It's a great store...every one I've been to has really helpful sales people that will put your items in a dressing room for you and get other sizes for you if you need them. They are really kind and understanding.

BTW, I just confirmed for myself that GAP does carry some plus sizes. It's worth looking around there to see what you can find.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:39 AM   #18  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

oooh must check it out
Old 09-23-2005, 09:34 AM   #19  

Smile Lane Bryant has come along way!

they used to be sorta trendy and then i don't know what happened and now, they're trendy again. the only thing i don't like about Lane Bryant is that it's sort of expensive. i mean, $50 for a shirt is kinda high. the LB catalog has some better prices and some decent clothes but not as cool as the LB store, so that's disappointing!!

good thing about taking the trip to America, all of the places each woman has mentioned, you can go online and go to their website's "Store Locater", or you can search for that town's website and see what kind of stores it offers.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:25 AM   #20  

Lane Bryant is HORRIBLE. Way too overpriced. A plus-size dept. in any deparment store, is better then LB--even if the selection isn't as great. "Just my Size" is good, but I don't think they have stores, per-se.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:23 AM   #21  

Default thanks for all your help!

Thanks for the help girls! I searched for the stores on the internet so I'll know how to get there! I'm looking forward to my trip (3 more weeks!!). I'm going to do a LOT of shopping

Charlotte

Closed Thread