South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 09:37 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

Beautiful Picture Heather!!! I have some pics of me breastfeeding Logan and in one it looks like my boobie is attacking him .

Well, Leanne (No, I'm Sweet Tea) took a few shots of me in full length so I have some before pics. I was not daring enough to do it in my undies but I still think they will do and be suitable to add to our gallery and blog soon. She also took a few beautiful pics of me and Logan while I was giving him a bath yesterday and in the ones she showed me my face did look a lot less puffy.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:19 PM   #17  
Who needs sleep?

Thanks, ellis and sweet tea! I have some "better" (ie, more accurate, much less flattering) before pics, but I'm waiting until I lose more weight and can post some intermediate pictures along with them!
Old 09-11-2005, 02:29 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

Leanne called me a little while ago and told me she accidently lost the photos she took yesterday . She's trying to recover them on her computer though. I think I'll get DH to take a few this afternoon though while we are out walkin' downtown. Just for back up I guess.

Today is one where I feel ok lookin' in the mirror. Now, my hair could use some help but the rest of me feels presentable. of course while we are walking around I will avoid looking at my reflection in the shop windows if I can.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:04 AM   #19  
Who needs sleep?

I went ahead and added a "before" picture - it's of me sitting on the floor helping DS open presents on his 1st birthday in Feb. I decided it would be more motivating to go ahead and post it. Boy oh boy, I'm a chunk!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/member-gal...0&ppuser=42271

Last edited by H-ko; 09-12-2005 at 01:07 AM. Reason: forgot to include URL
Old 09-12-2005, 07:24 AM   #20  

Height: 5'-2"

Heather, you're a lovely girl, and you're doing so well. Keep it up, girl.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:27 AM   #21  
Tina

wheezle, I'm with you girl...I have a difficult time really seeing myself how others probably do. I still 'feel' 36 lbs heaver in my head...when I go to put on my smaller shorts or jeans, I look at them before I pull them up and think, "there is no way my hips/butt will fit in these" lol...amazes me a bit each time, . About a week ago or so I went and tried on a few tshirts...as I'm getting tired of hiding in my baggy mens ones, ...as well as a cute lil skort. I don't have a full length mirror at home, so I swear I stood there for like 10 minutes just turning this way and that, shocked at how much smaller I REALLY look as opposed to how I FEEL I look. I went through this before when I lost even more weight than this, I found it takes quite a long time for my mind to catch up with my body in progress.

Last edited by twiceblessedmom; 09-12-2005 at 05:51 PM.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:37 PM   #22  

ok girls-this might make you feel a little better. Sometimes, it's the quality of the mirror as well. I work in a hair salon (gasp...try not seeing yourself in a shop FULL of mirrors!). Anyway, I found out that I look DREADFUL in the mirrors in the main part of the shop. If I wanted to see how I REALLY looked, I went into the bathroom. They made me look like I thought I did when I left home. So, if you don't like what you see, find a new mirror. LOL
Old 09-12-2005, 09:43 PM   #23  

Default Salon mirrors..

i work in a hair salon, too and it's like walls are wallpapered WITH mirrors.. it's dreadful, so i try not to look at all times. lol
Old 09-17-2005, 06:58 PM   #24  
I vant to draw your blood

A little over 2 years ago, I lost about 15 pounds just before my daughter's wedding. It really makes me sad to see those pictures because I've since then lost another 20. Those "after" pictures ARE my BEFORE pictures!!

I still have a long way to go before I make it to goal (45 pounds). And even though my clothes show that I've lost weight, people comment that I look thinner, and all that...I still have this image in my brain of the grossly fat Mother-of-the-Bride. UGH!
Old 09-18-2005, 12:29 AM   #25  
Who needs sleep?

Mamacita - You know what? I bet your daughter didn't think that at all. And on her big day, her opinion counts the most, right? I bet you were lovely!

I think that even when we shock ourselves with how "grossly obese" we are when we get a surprise candid glimpse of our reflections, even then we are far more critical of our appearance than our loved ones. As for the rest of the universe, well, who cares what they think?
Closed Thread