South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 06:03 AM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Default Fumbling Towards a Fabulous Friday!

Wow...I think this is the first daily I've ever started!

I thought I'd post this quickly as I'm not sure when I'll be back to the 'puter today and if there are 50 posts in the daily by then I'll never be able to respond to them all!

Lots of crafty things to do today...working on the quilt and memory book for my aunt as I leave a week from Monday and they need to be done by then! That's a lot of work!

Not much else on tap for today. Let's hope the scale is kind, I make it to the gym, and that I get a chance to take a nap...I stayed up way too late last night.

Have a great day, chickies!
Old 09-09-2005, 06:49 AM   #2  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

I'm up way too early because my baby's eye procedure is today. I woke up 40 mins early, but am afraid to go back to sleep and oversleep! Have to BE at the hospital at 6 am. Everyone keeps assuring me it's common and no big deal, but if we have to go to a hospital and have him put under general anthesthia it's a BIG deal to me!
I'm concerned about staying OP too cause of stress and the messed up routine. Hopefully we will be home by 11 am and ALL be ready to take a nap.
This is my first post in the daily chat! Hi all! I'll BBL to check in.
Kim
Old 09-09-2005, 07:05 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, girls!

Laurie, what a lovely thing to do for your Aunt...you're such a nice girl.

Kim, I'll be saying prayers for your little one today. Try not to worry, sweetie... all will be well...

Here I go... rushing out the door! Have a wonderful day, girls!
Old 09-09-2005, 07:10 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Holy Smokes! Beachgal is first and Ottoette is making her first post in the daily! "I feel the earth move under my feet"? Drat! Now I'll have that ear worm for the day! I wonder where my Carole King tapes are.

Beachgal, whatcha doin' stayin' up so late? You need to be rested for your holidays. Enjoy the crafty day.

Kim, of course you are worried! This is YOUR baby. I do hope all goes well and quickly and that you and the wee one are napping before noon.

The Girls have slept in again! Maybe this is the new routine. Now I need to train myself to sleep later although I am sleeping until six these days.

The doc told me I could take more of my knee med in the afternoon and that may help me get a walk worked in. I can't do that today becasue I have a Harry visit this afternoon but will certainly try it on Sunday. Tomorrow I will be testing dogs for Thera-Paws and don't want any possible side effects when I have my hand in the mouth of a Rottie!

Got a guy coming at 8 to give me an estimate re a chimney liner. I am really looking forward to this salesman who called me BABE on the phone yesterday! I'll try not to draw blood!

Have a good day, sweeties.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:40 AM   #5  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

Good morning! I lost 3 lbs this past week, yah!!

beachgal - hoping to get a lot done this weekend huh, hope that works out for ya

Kim - You CAN stay op!!

Babe - I mean Ruth hahaha I will have to go visit that link you posted, I've never heard of Thera-paws. I am thinking it's some kind of pet visiting thing but now I'll have to go look. Curiosity, it's a killer LOL

The youngest and I are off to clean up

Angela
Old 09-09-2005, 07:59 AM   #6  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Default Sleepless in Springfield

Well, the Express Care called us last night and let us know that he chipped the bone of his ankle. At least he didn't BREAK break it, but he's in a LOT of pain now that the adrenaline and shock have worn off.

I was up all night refilling ice bags and fluffing pillows and getting food in his stomach so he could take Advil. I will never have children. I can't do this all night thing.

I just heard a crash in the kitchen. Gotta go.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:12 AM   #7  
I vant to draw your blood

Good Grief! What a start to the morning!!

Beachgal, have fun with your quilt and stuff...I love days when I can just play with my crafts.

Kim, toes crossed and prayers said all goes well and you and the kidlet are in and out quickly. BTW, Welcome to the sand!!

Ellis, Hey! ...as she goes flying past.

Ruth, you are under strict orders NOT to draw blood! That would be encroaching on MY territory! We vampires are very protective of our turf!

Angela, Yay on the 3 pounds!! It takes me a month--or more to do that. You lucky thing you!

Weezle, I must have missed all the excitement, but a chipped ankle bone is no fun...for the victim or the caregiver. DD#2 chipped hers by tripping over her own feet when she was 9!! She wore one of those Frankenstein boot thingies for 6 weeks while it healed. Take care, get some rest, okay?

As for me, I'm turning in my nursing home resignation letter today. The Good Doctor is going to have a litter of kittens. According to the admin, he's been in a foul mood lately anyway...this should be the icing on his cake!

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 09-09-2005, 08:15 AM   #8  
I painted my avatar. :-)

Hi my favorite Chics!!!!! So......who missed me????
I know I have been MIA for a while. So much happened, and didn't happen. Just wasn't up for posting. Here's why:
The Promotion-didn't get it. It wasn't that I wasn't qualified, but my immediate supervisor is my mama and they didn't want anyone to think I was getting special treatment, ALTHOUGH I earned it.
Raise-My evaluation was awesome, but I didn't get the raise I was supposed to have gotten either. Those damn higher up's didnt even READ the evaulation, just looked at the quotas I was supposed to have filled and decided I didn't contribute enough.
And to top it off, the day I found I out I wasn't getting the money, Mama says our boss wants to move her back to GA. Oy! Could my day have gotten any worse?? (needless to say, I cried the rest of the day-btwn the raise and the move)
But!!! Everything happens for a reason. So when I didnt get the money, decided I had had enough with the damn co' I have almost 5 yrs in, and go back to school, FULL TIME. And I have been looking at schools, schedules, curriculum since then. Not sure how I was going to work it out, etc. Because I don't want to have to work for this co one more day then I have to.
And all of a sudden it dawned on me last week. A member of the family always told me I could stay with him and go to school, back home, in Savannah. All my family is there but Mama.
So, I am going home!!!!!!
I am beyond excited. I had already one class taken at the school there, so its not a big deal to get re-admitted.
November CAN'T get here fast enough for me! I am so excited. I miss my demons (nieces-ages 5,4,2) so much. And they really are demons!!!! And I know they miss their "bubba"(my son). They are so close in age, its like they are siblings and not cousins.
As for staying OP, I have been bad, really bad here lately, for obvious reasons. But, I would have at least one OP meal a day, and water. No weight gain, actually lost 1lb. How odd is that??? But I am not complaining. So, until the move, going to do my best to stick to P2. And after the move, going to do P1 for a week to give me a kickstart and then back to P2. Sound like a plan chicks?????
Ok, enough babbling for me.

Laurie-always wanted to try to make a quilt. I get around to it one day. Good luck finishing on time. (I have found a "Quilting for Dummies" book, just dont tell anyone)
Ottette-My prayers are with your son. You seem to be holding up better than I would be.
Ellis-flyby huh???? Have a good day hon.
Ruth-I''m lost. What's going on with your knee??? Be careful with that! We love ya, but don't want ya stuck at the computer all day.
Angela- on the 3 lbs!
Old 09-09-2005, 08:30 AM   #9  

Weezle-I feel your pain. My ex-hubby was the biggest baby when he just got a cold. Can't imagine him ever doing something like that. Oy! But, he's his new wife's problem, not mine. Don't get overstressed. It will just where you out. And that's no good, for you or him.
Mamacita-Why are you turning in your resignation? Was thinking of doing that part-time while in school.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:50 AM   #10  
Kyemom

WENCHY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back!!!!
Old 09-09-2005, 08:54 AM   #11  
Kyemom

Ellis- you are so fast in your flybys here lately...we need some ellis humor
Ruth- maybe you can walk the pain away
Laurie- Thanks for starting us up today!! would love to see pics of that quilt
ottette- we will keep you both in our thoughts for today...you will both be fine!!
Wenchy- I am guessing since you are moving, that the date was not so great!! Glad you are back
Mama- I want full details of the resignation...and him having the litter of kittens..lol

Me- nothing new..started phase 1 again yesterday, was supposed to start on Tuesday, but screwed up..I ate ww bread..anyway, going to the fair tomorrow night..should be fun!! Have a beachy day!
Old 09-09-2005, 08:59 AM   #12  

Kyemom-it was at first. Then discovered he was all about him. He didnt care either way whether I stayed or went. Plus, I have some 'friends' back home. And, never know who I might meet at school.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:00 AM   #13  
Kyemom

You go girl!!!!
Old 09-09-2005, 09:09 AM   #14  

Good morning ladies.

I need a big kick in the butt for not staying OP. I have no idea why I am having such problems with motivation. So, I am going to have to recommit.(after the weekend ) I didn't make it to the gym at all this week. Last night I had the opportunity, but opted to play outside with DS. I guess you could say that I had plenty of exercise. We were out there for over an hour. We played in the sand, slid down his enclosed slide (which works my stomach b/c I have to tuck my knees), I swang with him on my lap (which worked my biceps) and I followed him all over the place as he was "driving" his powerwheels jeep (major activitiy since the little runt refuses to steer!). I felt good about getting out and spending some good time with him. Then this morning I was dancing while holding him. What a great smile!

I'm going to Dollywood tomorrow so I know I will get a lot of walking in. I am planning on sneaking OP food in for my lunch.

beachgal- I know what you mean about starting a post. I feel like I can't keep up when there are already several posts. I resisted starting to participate in the beginning b/c of it.

Kim- I will be thinking of you. It IS a big deal when they put your BABY under anesthesia. I hope everything goes well.

Ruth- When men I don't know call me "babe" I have to fight the urge to say "I am not your babe!"

Angela- Congrats on the weight loss!!

Weezle- Men are such babies. But, I can't say it is the same to stay up all night with YOUR child. It is tiring, but somehow it doesn't seem like as big a compromise. You just do what you have to do!

Mamacita & wenchybritches- Here's to good changes!

kyemom- if you were going to cheat ww bread wasn't a bad choice. Good luck on starting phase 1 again!
Old 09-09-2005, 09:46 AM   #15  
Who needs sleep?

Hello - I'm posting while I can! The rain is pouring down in buckets and sheets, and we have thunder and lightening, too. A few minutes ago, there was a long rumble of thunder so loud it rattled the windows and shook the floor of our house! So I don't know if we'll end up losing power or not. DH INSISTED on walking to the station in spite of the weather and my repeated offers of a ride. He happily whisked out his old Army poncho and pulled it on over his head, saying "I haven't worn this since I was a teen!" I could tell by the smell - I rushed him out the door because it triggered an allergy attack, it was so musty smelling! Oy, men sometimes! I suppose I shouldn't complain; at least he is being extremely good about following SBD, plus he's getting waaaaaaaaay more exercise than I am by walking to the train station each morning (it's about 2 miles from our house, approximately). It shows, too - he's noticeably thinner.

Beachgal - good luck getting your projects done! Are you going to show us the quilt when you've finished it?

Ottoette - I can understand how you feel. I'd be a nervous wreck! I'm sure he's in good hands, though, and that everything will be just fine !

Ellis - have a great Friday!

Ruth - I remember reading about therapy dogs in one of Susan Conant's Dog Lover's mysteries; the Barker Street Regulars, I think it was. I think it's a lovely idea, and I'm sure they brighten a lot of otherwise fairly grey days.

fl mom - congratulations on the 3 lb loss! Yay!

weezle - Aww, poor Terry! Chipped bones really hurt, too! I hope they gave him some pain meds? And that they are helping?

Mamacita - nursing homes are the pits to work in, aren't they? Let alone to live in! I've worked in two different ones now, and I'll never EVER put any of our parents into one! Those were easily the worst two jobs I've ever had.

wenchybritches - what are you going to study in school? Congrats on the upcoming return to GA and the decision to go back to school! You sound really excited!

kyemom - good luck on ph1; have fun at the fair tomorrow!

djett - I'm glad you had such a good, long playtime with your DS - things like that make such a difference to one's kids, don't they?

Have a good day, everyone! It sounds like the rain is taking a break, so maybe we won't lose power today after all (knock on wood)!
Closed Thread