South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 03:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Default THURSDAY CHICK CHAT- September 8

Good Morning Chicks - looks like me to start us off again today

Well, yesterday the dining room furniture delivery was cancelled - the store called- the driver's mother was taken seriously ill and rushed to hosp. and so they put it back until Friday. At least my dining room is now gleaming and all lovely looking awaiting its new furniture

Today I have a haircut and colouring scheduled . My hair has been grey for about 10 years and so every 5 weeks I have to go and get my roots touched up - it gets pretty expensive - but I love the time in the salon. Its a chance to drink their gorgeous coffee and just relax and read magazines and people watch.

Only two weeks now to my holiday - I am really looking forward to it and to relaxing and spending some time with DH.
Ok, time for my shower and off into town for my hair appt.

Have a beautiful day on the Beach!
Old 09-08-2005, 06:43 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. As usual you are five hours ahead of me, Artemis. Too bad the furniture didn't arrive as planned. At least there will be no last minute scurrying around.

I have orange fingernails this morning from processing those red peppers. In case anyone needs to know, there are 87 Shepherd peppers in a case which is 28 pounds. I've roasted and peeled half of them. The rest I'll tackle for the freezer this morning and maybe nake some red pepper jelly this afternoon. The roasted ones will be packed in jars with some olive oil, lemon juice and rosemary and stashed at the back of the fridge.

Other than that, not much going on except a doctor appointment at noon today to get my knee meds renewed or changed.

What's happening on your part of The Beach?
Old 09-08-2005, 07:32 AM   #3  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

Ruth - what do you do with the preserved peppers? I think someone asked already but I either skipped over or didn't see an answer

Artemis - yah for a clean house!

Our social worker came yesterday and everything went well. She said our homestudy will be written in about a week and all we need to do it find the boy we want to adopt. That's the hard part, finding a child that fits our family.

I have stayed OP!! DH was making dinner the other night and said something about me not eating the pasta he was making. I told him I felt like he wasn't supporting my weight loss efforts since he was temping me with something he knows I shouldn't be eating. The past 2 nights he has made me awesome OP dinners! He likes to cook and he really is good at it. I love him hehe

That's all for me, off to do my zone with the youngest.
Angela
Old 09-08-2005, 07:57 AM   #4  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Flying by until lunch. I'm exhausted. Got our butts handed to us at volleyball and I got pretty beat up. Woke up with a sore throat, too, and strept throat is going around the school. Sigh. Talk to you later.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:01 AM   #5  

Good morning ladies!

I did pretty good last night. I had a stressful afternoon and passing the fast food joints proved to be difficult, but I made it. I was so glad to get home away from temtation.

I had to pick up DS from daycare b/c they said he had a fever. She said it was 99 under the arm and then of course you add a point. But, when I got there he didn't even feel warm to me. He was happily eating his snack and was in a great mood. I took him to the dentist (just to pick up a mothpiece for my teeth grinding at night) and grocery store with me. He was a nightmare. He was a busy little guy. I was so tired when I got home. I fixed 2 taco bakes and froze one of them in serving sizes. Then, I just collapsed on the couch. I got my second wind bathed the boy and got him to bed early.

According to the rules, I can't take him back to daycare until he is fever free for 24 hours. I know he is fine. He has had a cough, but is on antibiotics. So, I am making today errand day for the regular things at the shop. So, everyone wish me luck! I am going to the accountants, post office, license place and Sam's with a 3 year old!
Old 09-08-2005, 08:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

Artemis -- a clean room is so wonderful! Sorry you have to wait on your furniture though. I hope the drivers mom was ok -- after I read your post earlier that really stuck in my mind for some reason. Go figure.

Ruth -- that is a LOT of peppers!!! Whew ! With all that in your fridge will you have room for much else? Have a great day!! Hope the doc appointment goes smoothly.

Fl Mom -- Wow! I would fall out on the floor if my dh cooked for us . Congrats for doing do well OP. Did you get much rain yet? I spoke with a friend of mine in Orange Park and she didn't say how it was there but said that there was so much in St. Augustine that she didn't go down to work. Hope you have a great day!!

Well, I am going to take our 2 1/2 year old to the dentist for the first time today and I am so unbelieveably nervous. You'd think I was the one going in! Hopefully all will go well and I won't get too stressed when we go in. I don't want to trigger any chocolate cravings . I have been back OP quite well this week and I'm feeling so much better. I will try to check in later... baby crying... Hugs to all!!
Old 09-08-2005, 08:09 AM   #7  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickas~~

My usual fly-by. I have a sick child. All that gadding about in Florida caused her EBV to flare up. She's got a fever, chills, the whole enchilada. Thankfully, she's doing the smart thing and staying home today and getting some rest. I DO wish someone would come up with a vaccine for mono. ~~sigh~~

Got kinda-sorta beat up by a 98 pound woman this morning at the nursing home. What a pistol. Apparently she's lived there for the past dozen years and has given them **** the whole time. I tried to roll up her sleeve and she clouted me a good one. I shoulda known better!

Artemis, enjoy your day at the salon. Nothing like a little pampering to make a woman feel reborn! (that's a line from my book!)

Ruth, the peppers sound yummy! I like to roast them along with eggplant, onions and zucchini, sprinkle with a little balsamic vinegar and pile them on a slice of toasted whole grain bread. YUM!

Angela, your dh sounds like a winner. Keeping toes crossed you find a baby that will be a perfect fit for your family. Are you holding out for a boy or would you consider a girl if one came along? I have friends who have adopted from Korea and a friend whose sister adopted 3 siblings from Russia. All of them just beautiful kids!

Okay, gotta fly!

Hope everyone has a great day on the Beach!
Old 09-08-2005, 08:29 AM   #8  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hey chicks! Uuughh! So tired today. I couldn't sleep at all last night. Today will be another long one!!

Artemis: Up with before the sun, I see ! Well, at least on this part of the world you are.

Ruth: Wow, lots of peppers. I would have no patience for that at all. WHat do youdo with them?

Mamacita: I know how your daughter feels. I have chronic mono myself. I used to get flare ups every few months but now it's down to about once or twice a year for the past few years. Rest and fluids is the best therapy. Hope she gets well soon.

Everyone else: ! Have a great day..... no straying off the beach today ! Catch you all later.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:35 AM   #9  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

Dana - @ the daycare! I know they have their rules but ugh!

Sara - My dh loves to cook LOL He doesn't do it all the time because of his job but he can whip up some amazing meals. He never uses a cookbook, makes me a little jealous that I am not creative like him.

We have a lake behind our house, well kind of a lake, it's some man made subdivision thing. Anyway, it's soooo full! It is deinfitely a few feet higher than when we moved here a few months ago. Right now the sun is shining, you would never know that yesterday is was like a flood coming from the sky. (we are in jax)

Good luck at the dentist! My 6yo loves the dentist since he likes having his teeth cleaned lol he says it tickles. God help him if he ever needs "work" done, the honeymoon will be over.

Mamacita - DH will not agree to adopt a girl, he feels that since we don't have a girl (and he wants 2) that he wouldn't treat them the same if were to have a biological girl after adopting. I understand his feelings and even though I would love to adopt a girl, we are only looking for a boy younger than our 6yo.

Now I know I will miss someone so ..

Angela

Last edited by fl_mom; 09-08-2005 at 08:38 AM.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:51 AM   #10  
RNMOM

Default Morning ladies

Howdy to all. Early for me, anyway 0630 is early, but I'm in the ER. Came on to a mess, but it's settled down now.

fl mom, sounds like your place is gorgeous. Sun shining already, it's pitch black out here!

pearshape, you reallllllly need to get some sleep!!!!

Mama, is that epstein-barr? Yuck. I was so sick a few years ago I could hardly walk. Finally had some bloodwork done, liver enzymes through the roof. I had epstien in the past (antibodies showed up or something) but I was in the acute phase of CMV. How the heck did I get all that jazz? Anyway, only 1 flair up since then. Sending your daughter good vibes

sweet tea, hope your dentist visit goes OK, be calm so your little one will be too.

djett, bummer about the daycare rules. Hope your little one is better. Enjoy your day with him.

weezle, sorry about your trash being kicked. Volleyball is such a blast!

Ruth, orange nails, sounds lovely. I bet your house smells good too.

artemis, cool to have your house clean. Sorry about the no furniture. Enjoy your day at the salon. I was a hairdresser and so I color my own hair, LOTS of gray in this head.

Me? Well, I was sooooo cranky after I got home from work last night. I made a roast with carrots and potatoes. Then I made chocolate chip cookies to have treats for lunches.....that only made the crankiness worse. Cookie dough just looked so yummy. My poor hubby didn't quite know what to do with me. I ended up going for a run and felt much better when I got home. Today I'm here in the ER for 12 long hours and then I have 5 days off YIPPEEEE!!!!

You all have a great day on the beach!
Old 09-08-2005, 09:24 AM   #11  

Morning, all! I'm WFH again today and really hoping the cable modem stays working. Comcast is supposed to have someone here at 5 to figure out why it keeps failing but it we have a big outage before then, I would have to drive a half hour into the office and I really don't want to do that. I took advantage of not having that drive this morning and went for a half hour walk before work. It is so nice and cool in the mornings (low 70's).

Tonight I have the Cub Scout Roundtable at 7 so I need to make sure Brian is done with homework and has studied for his spelling test before I leave.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:05 AM   #12  
MaMa Mia!

S/C/G: 154/145.8/110

Height: 5ft

Hi girls. Figured id jump in today. Me and Wyatt (DS) are just getting up. I feel horrible though since he didnt sleep a lot lastnight cause hes teething.Im cooking him pancakes right now and boy are they smelling good. Im not eating them though, im already losing wight from watching what im eating, i can only imagine how i will be when im really on south beach. Im relaxing all day since i dont have classes. Talk to u soon
Old 09-08-2005, 10:43 AM   #13  
Slow and Steady...

Good Morning Chickie Babies!

It's virtual Friday for me! I have tomorrow off, and have a ton of things to do! I have to drop the boys at school, stop by the dry cleaners and see if they can alter some of my clothes (yes! they're too big!), stop at the scout shop for books and patrol patches, get my hair cut and get to a soccer game.

Artemis~Enjoy your "me" time! You deserve to splurge a little on yourself! Salons can be so much fun...from stylists to customers...you can see such a huge array of people! Have fun! Sorry your furniture didn't get delivered. At least you are ready for it when it comes!

Ruth~Those peppers sound great! Are you tired of smelling, peeling and packing them yet?

Angela~Glad to hear everything went well with the Social Worker yesterday. Sounds like your hubby is supporting your efforts (after a little nudge from you). It makes a big difference, doesn't it?

Weezle~Hope you are feeling better! Take care and try to rest a little.

Dana~Remember the old saying: Patience is a virtue. I'm just not very virtuous I guess, but I kept trying to remember that! Those 3 year olds have so much energy...they can wear you out in nothing flat! Good Luck!

Sweet Tea~I bet your 2 1/2 year old will do just fine as long as you are there! It will be an adventure!

Mamacita~Hope your DD is feeling better soon! I can't believe that a patient pistol whipped you! That must have been a scary experience!

Pearshape~You are getting sleepy...sleepy...sleepy... After a while, coffee just doesn't help! Hope you get some sleep soon.

RNMOM~I know exactly how you felt last night! Sometimes you just can't help but be angry @ the world because you can't have (shouldn't have) choc. chip cookie dough or whatever! You get over it, but sometimes you just need to get the frustration worked out. I'm happy you went for a run and felt better.

Barb~It sounds like perfect weather on your beach for a walk! Much more enjoyable than driving to work...more benficial too! Hope you don't have to go in.

Wyatsmomee~Way to Go! Congrats on the pound lost! Is Wyatt too young for tylenol? That always helped my kids.

Have a great SB day all!
Old 09-08-2005, 10:53 AM   #14  

Good morning beach surfers,

Wish those who are sick a speedy recovery. There's enough stress in life with an illness on top of it. Hope you feel better soon, Weezle.

I feel for you busy ladies with small children. It's funny how it was so much work back when mine were babies and I was always sooo tired, but now I wish they were little again. If they would give me some more grandchildren -- and keep them close by -- I could play with them instead.

Ruth, you are really worked those orange fingers right off! Roasting and peeling all those pepper!

Artemis, new dining room furniture just begs for dinner company! We got a new table last year and all i could think of was all the dinner parties we should have.

All you gals at work have a good day, too.

I don't have classes today. I am studying Spanish, to add to my English teaching credential. I might go back to teaching English to adults. I really like it. In the meantime, I'm studying away. But today I will be trying to get some organizing done at home.

I'll probably end up knitting as much as possible. I'm trying to finish up a prayer shawl before a birthday -- and get it out of the way so I can start something new.

Tonight our dance lessons start again. We take ballroom dance and this session is cha-cha. I've been anxiously waiting for this class. So far I'm stayin OP. I'm feeling good but don't have lots of energy yet.

Hope everyone has a great day on the beach!
Old 09-08-2005, 10:54 AM   #15  
Kyemom

A Cha-Cha class? That sounds like so much fun...I wanna do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread