South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 11:08 AM   #16  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Jenn, what a great organization to work for! So glad to hear from you...you take care, okay?
Old 09-08-2005, 04:10 PM   #17  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

We're going to have 2 planes loads of refergees from the Katrina, at Edwards Military Base. The people are elderly of the group,according to our local newspaper. Churchs here are going to adopt 1 family,and in my town(town of churchs) we have 6 so 6 familys will be help by us.Hope that other communities will do the same.

Hugs BB
Old 09-08-2005, 04:38 PM   #18  

I may be just a bit too cynical, but there is NO WAY I would open up my house to strangers IF I had a child!!! Even a mother with a child---might do things to my child that she wouldn't do to her own.

"Hello, I am a single mother w/a 4-5-6-7 year old."

Looks like an advertisement for pedophiles delight.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:22 PM   #19  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myself
I may be just a bit too cynical, but there is NO WAY I would open up my house to strangers IF I had a child!!! Even a mother with a child---might do things to my child that she wouldn't do to her own.

"Hello, I am a single mother w/a 4-5-6-7 year old."

Looks like an advertisement for pedophiles delight.
That's a ridiculous generalization. I suspect that most parents caring enough to open their homes to others would be responsible and not negligent in caring for their own children.
If I let my 15 year old daughter walk home alone from a friend's house at night, I'm endangering her. If I allow my nine year old son to come home after school on his own without a babysitter, I'm putting him in danger.
I choose to be there for my children, and I'm certainly not alone in this.

I'm very glad to see the great and caring response to this tragedy. It warms my heart, and renews my faith in humankind.

Jn 1:5-And the light shines in the darkness; and the darkness has not overcome it.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:06 AM   #20  
Kyemom

Great point Eliis!
Closed Thread