South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 10:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

Default Can I come In?

Hi there all! Got room for another newbie? My name is Sara and I am today starting day 6 on SB phase 1. I was on SB last year when I found out I was pregnant with baby #3 but was unable to stay on it once I developed an aversion to veggies and meat in the 1st trimester. Later on in the pregnancy I did try to incorporate the SB principles to our way of eating but with post partum depression I found it impossible to not eat with my emotions instead of my head.

This time I have feel stronger and more motivated to gain control of my eating mistakes and to work towards feeling comfortable in my own body and towards being healthy for myself and my family. To help me along the way I knew it would be important to find others that are doing positive things in their lives in regards to their weight. I have been very blessed to have my best friend and her sister -- my sisters from another mother -- going along on the same journey. After seeing how supportive everyone is here and how wonderful the information provided here is we all decided to join 3FC.

My top weight at one point was 227 but upon restarting SB last week I was hovering around 210. Today I was 203. I have high blood pressure and am dealing with post partum depression/a general depression. I am dealing with both issues though and I am hoping to get the BP under control with my weight loss.

I'm not sure what else to add. I will post my bio in the bio sticky.

I can't wait to get to know you all!

Warmest Wishes,
Sara

PS --please excuse any typos --I'm typing while my little one is in my lap. Never a moment alone ...
Old 08-17-2005, 01:03 PM   #2  
Who needs sleep?

Welcome sweet tea! I'm on day 3 now. I know what you mean about aversions - I developed one for fish in general and salmon in particular - I still can't eat sockeye, and DS is 17 months old! And I know what you mean about trying to type with the little one on your lap, too.

Are you seeing a dr about your ppd? It's not something to brush off, that's for sure!

Good luck with SBD this time around!
Old 08-17-2005, 01:41 PM   #3  

Thank you Heather! I do see a doctor for my BP and depression. I take meds for both right now. We're trying to figure out the proper dosages for both. I am due to go back in at the beginning of Sept. If my ppd this time is like what it was the first two times with it I should be feeling bette/normalr later in the year. The meds do make it tremendously better for me and my familt .
Old 08-17-2005, 01:46 PM   #4  
Slow and Steady...

Default Welcome Sara!

There's always seems to be room on the beach for another "chick"! Everyone here is great! If you need support, help, suggestions or just a good recipe, this is the place to come.

I don't pipe up much, but I do a lot of reading on this board and everyone is very caring and kind!

Also, there is a "Depression and Weight Issues" board on 3FC that may be helpful. I check that out every once in a while. I would guess that a lot of us "Fat Chicks" are emotional eaters. I know I am!

Good luck on P1! Stay with it because YOU ARE WORTH IT!
Old 08-17-2005, 01:55 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Welcome, Sara!

Glad to have you with us and congrats on making so many positive changes in your life...they're good for you and good for your little ones.

Check out the FAQ for lots of hints and the recipe forum for great Phase 1 recipes (the Taco Bake is most excellent!). Don't forget to join us on the daily thread (that's the one with the day of the week in the title). Glad to have you with us!
Old 08-17-2005, 09:29 PM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Sara, welcome to the Beach!
I'm so sorry you suffer from PPD, but I'm glad you've gone for help, and that you have meds that work.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:50 PM   #7  

Wow it is great to see so many nice and supportive people!

Sara, I don't mean to jump into your thread but i figured since I was your best friend, that you wouldn't mind me introducing myself after you

Soooo, I'm Leanne. Sara got me starting SB, Phase 1 on Monday, along with my sis. We figured that if we have the support of one another it would be helpful but finding all of you guys will help us keep moving forward in so many ways! I can't wait to get to losing some weight - WOO HOO!!

So far so good even tho I am just completing day 3. Everyday is an accomplishment, right!
Old 08-17-2005, 10:32 PM   #8  
Who needs sleep?

Another Sweetie! Welcome!
Old 08-17-2005, 10:36 PM   #9  

Hi Sara and Leanne!! This is a great site, full of so many wonderful people!! You will find a lot of support here!!! Make sure and check out the recipe section!! There are so many great recipes for phase 1!!!!
Old 08-17-2005, 11:40 PM   #10  

Finally done with my work so I thought I would pop back in for a moment. Thank you all for the awesome welcome!!

Off to look at the recipes
Old 08-18-2005, 12:43 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Tea
Finally done with my work so I thought I would pop back in for a moment. Thank you all for the awesome welcome!!

Off to look at the recipes

psssst...try the frappacino shake!! I am off to make one right now!!
I make them with ff yogurt instead of milk sometimes too!!
Old 08-18-2005, 03:07 AM   #12  

Hi Sara and welcome to the beach
Old 08-18-2005, 08:38 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortiemetoo
psssst...try the frappacino shake!! I am off to make one right now!!
I make them with ff yogurt instead of milk sometimes too!!
WHAT! ohh do tell us more about this frapaccino shake! Humm..I guess I should check out the recipes too!

Oh and..Morning ladies
Old 08-18-2005, 10:03 AM   #14  

Height: 5'-2"

Leanne, welcome to the Beach! It's great to see new faces.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:05 AM   #15  
I will be-SEXY mom of 6!

Welcome, welcome, welcome! Glad to have your company here! (((HUGS))))
Closed Thread