South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 10:08 AM   #1  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Thumbs up Clam Chowder

If you are on P2 and like Clam Chowder I highly recommend Barb's clam chowder recipe. We made it last night and man was it yummy. Here is the link to it if you want to try it.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61531
Old 08-04-2005, 12:16 PM   #2  

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Karla! My husband kept wanting clam chowder and when I found that recipe, I thought it looked good. We both love it.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:42 PM   #3  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Barb, How many servings do you usually get out of this? I had about 1.5 cup last night and my hubby ate the rest. Guess that probably isn't portion control.

What do you usually serve with it? We had a couple of SB friendly crackers (because what is soup w/o crackers). I was thinking I need to give him something else with the soup (so he won't eat the whole batch each time) but right now and last night the only thing that comes to mind is a sandwhich. And OK I know he won't give up his crackers for the sandwhich. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm a good cook but not a very creative one.

Thanks!
Old 08-04-2005, 01:05 PM   #4  

My DH either puts crackers in his or toasts bread and puts it in the chowder. I like to take one slice of toast and eat it slowly along with the chowder. Sometimes I steam broccoli florets and add it to my chowder so it goes a little further. I don't think we have ever had any left over and it is just the two of us eating it.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:00 PM   #5  
Started SBD 1/26/04

OK so now I don't feel so bad about him eating the majority of it (to tell the truth I could have eaten a little bit more of it also it was so good). I was thinking about adding more veggies to it. I think I will try adding the broccoli to it next time. Thanks Barb!!
Closed Thread